Author Topic: Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today  (Read 1990 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:14 pm »
205,534,000 -160,100,00 = 22.1%

Many of those are teens  or college students, disabled, people who retired pre age 65 (read gov't workers who retired at age 53 with full pension) , people who stopped working temp (taking care of parent, people in between jobs because they quit).

Nearly every business in my area has help wanted signs.

I told @jmyrlefuller  I could get him a job at $20.00 + per hour or less than 2-3 hours and he never took me up on it.

@RoosGirl

Come on, these are the same BS numbers that were rolled out during the O admin.  We knew they were BS then, but they aren't now?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:51 pm »
Come on, these are the same BS numbers that were rolled out during the O admin.  We knew they were BS then, but they aren't now?

You can't be that naive, @RoosGirl !

Provide just one link where the Trump "numbers" have been adjusted downward a month later....like they were for 96 months under Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 11:06:40 pm »
You can't be that naive, @RoosGirl !

Provide just one link where the Trump "numbers" have been adjusted downward a month later....like they were for 96 months under Obama.

@DCPatriot
I think I may not have explained clearly.  What I meant was, they are using the O admin BS numbers as a starting point and adjusted as unemployment has genuinely been improving.  But do I think the REAL unemployment number is 4.4%?  No, I don't.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:07:08 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 11:17:29 pm »
I think I may not have explained clearly.  What I meant was, they are using the O admin BS numbers as a starting point and adjusted as unemployment has genuinely been improving.  But do I think the REAL unemployment number is 4.4%?  No, I don't.

How many millions who have left the workforce under Obama and went on 99 weeks of unemployment and permanent welfare have rejoined the workforce under Trump?

Or are they still working with the leftovers still meandering around in the workforce since Obama left office as their baseline to make up these numbers?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:03 pm »
@DCPatriot

I was focusing solely on the monthly numbers (new jobs) not the so-called BS unemployment rate.  @RoosGirl
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:33:24 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 11:59:38 pm »

Indeed.

Hope they take the time to read it, and not simply react with the same old-same old.
I did. During the Obama years this state was lauded for having the lowest unemployment in the country at 3%. That was considered the best in the country. Considering people came here from every state in the US for work, I'm assuming unemployment rates were much higher elsewhere.

If the Federal rate is 4.4 percent, those numbers have to be cooked.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 12:07:23 am »
I was focusing solely on the monthly numbers (new jobs) not the so-called BS unemployment rate.  @RoosGirl

Sooo... we agree that the overall unemployment rate is BS?  But you think the monthly numbers are spot on? 

Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm Donald J Trump.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 01:33:15 am »
Sooo... we agree that the overall unemployment rate is BS?  But you think the monthly numbers are spot on? 

Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm Donald J Trump.

I'm on record here years ago, saying that the Obama unemployment numbers were bogus and the 'Real' UER was about 12-14%.

As @INVAR  said, a lot of those addicted to sitting on the asses after 99 weeks (104=2 yrs) were shifted to Disability rolls.

How many of those 95+ million people wish to go back to a 40 hour work week is debatable.

But yeah....stop and think.   If the Trump numbers are bogus like Obama's monthly stated numbers were...always being adjusted a month or two later, why haven't the adversarial media and Democrats challenged his record job numbers?

Hmmmmm?

...is right,  @RoosGirl    :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 01:51:48 am »
@DCPatriot

What's even more important than an unemployment number, however adjusted, @RoosGirl is the "confidence" factor ...and confidence is measured by job creation numbers.  The job creation numbers are steadily climbing and Americans are once again looking to reenter the workforce.  A couple of excerpts on this follow:

June Jobs Report: Everything You Need to Know
Wall Street Journal, Jul 7, 2017

U.S. employers added 222,000 jobs in June, topping estimates as hiring quickened. Wages inched up.

http://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/june-jobs-report-labor-wages-employment-analysis

U.S. economy gains a strong 222,000 jobs in June
CNN Money, Jul 7, 2017

The U.S. economy added 222,000 jobs in June, much more than economists were expecting, the Labor Department said Friday.

It's welcome news after the prior two jobs reports had hinted at a possible slowdown in job growth.

"The job market hasn't lost any steam," says Josh Wright, chief economist at software firm iCIMS.

The unemployment rate rose slightly to 4.4%, hovering just above its lowest level since 2001. Shortly after the Great Recession ended in 2009, unemployment peaked at 10%.

Unemployment rose for a good reason: More people jumped back into the job market to look for work. The participation rate in the labor force rose a notch last month.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/07/news/economy/june-jobs-report/index.html

Business trusts the President and appreciates his well-planned Executive Orders to untie the private sector from Obama's restrictions.  In short, this economy is poised to explode.  Once Congress gets its damn act in gear on Obamacare and tax reform ---- don't forget to look up and watch it happen!   ^-^

@DCPatriot

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:53:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 01:53:25 am »
I'm on record here years ago, saying that the Obama unemployment numbers were bogus and the 'Real' UER was about 12-14%.

As @INVAR  said, a lot of those addicted to sitting on the asses after 99 weeks (104=2 yrs) were shifted to Disability rolls.

How many of those 95+ million people wish to go back to a 40 hour work week is debatable.

But yeah....stop and think.   If the Trump numbers are bogus like Obama's monthly stated numbers were...always being adjusted a month or two later, why haven't the adversarial media and Democrats challenged his record job numbers?

Hmmmmm?

...is right,  @RoosGirl    :laugh:
If his numbers are being figured the same way their numbers were,  the rats would have to out themselves. Sooner or alter, they'll go negative if there is a decent recovery.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 02:04:54 am »
@DCPatriot

A few weeks ago I needed a new lawn mower.  I noticed that HD, Lowe's, and WM all had help wanted signs, as did several other businesses I drove by (pizza joints, oil change places, etc).

Is it great to see businesses hiring?  YES!

Does one oil change "tech" count the same as a doctor in UE figures?  Well, yeah.  Officially
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 02:05:47 am »
If his numbers are being figured the same way their numbers were,  the rats would have to out themselves. Sooner or alter, they'll go negative if there is a decent recovery.

Yep, I've said this same thing.  But hey, let's not look at the numbers here, let's look over there.  Oohh, is that a squirrel?  You know I haven't had any good squirrel stew in a long time.

The figures presented in the posted article are suspect, which to me means the entire article should be suspect. Unless you love The Donald, and then nothing good abiut him that is reported is suspect and we all must genuflect to The (second) One.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:32 am »
"Well, as we approach the six-month anniversary, America is witnessing our most successful presidency since Ronald Reagan."

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2017, 11:46:26 am »
Somewhere on TBR I posted that auto sales were down and was 'corrected' by a poster saying they were up.
Fact is that for the first six months of 2017 auto sales were down every month.  That said, they are still higher than during O administration.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2017, 11:52:08 am »
Somewhere on TBR I posted that auto sales were down and was 'corrected' by a poster saying they were up.
Fact is that for the first six months of 2017 auto sales were down every month.  That said, they are still higher than during O administration.

Lots of contradictory stories being posted. Yesterday I saw a story posted that claimed illegal border crossings were down by half, this morning another story asks why there is a sudden spike in illegal border crossings.  :shrug:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:25 pm »
I'll admit I had one thing dead wrong - on the morning after the election,  I said that Trump was like the dog who caught the car.  He isn't - he's known what he's wanted to do from the start,  and has been pressing his agenda. 

Trump had plans because, it appears, despite all the conventional wisdom he knew he had a shot at winning.   It was the GOP Congressional leadership who turned out to be the dog that caught the car.   I suspect GOP leadership in its wildest dreams didn't think it would wake up on the day after the election with control of both houses of Congress AND a GOP President that would sign whatever legislation it gave him.   That shock, and the leadership's apparent lack of plans, has led directly to the current situation where the Congress has seemingly spit the bit and been mired in bickering and paralysis. 

Health care reform, tax reform, tort reform - where the hell is it all?   Pass the bills, GOP caucus, the President will sign them.   I fear an historic opportunity will soon be gone with the wind.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:23:24 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide