Author Topic: First lady sent in to end Trump-Putin meeting  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: First lady sent in to end Trump-Putin meeting
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »
@libertybele

They're still public servants.  I like Melania as much as anyone, but I'm not going to elevate her on a pedestal.  She's not a queen.  As for Trump, come on.  We know what kind of man he is.

Melania's popularity with the public is soaring.  She has not put a designer clad foot wrong yet.

I think she deserves some respect ... not pedestal respect but respect she has earned as First Lady.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2017, 12:50:22 am »
Remember that when someone talks that way about your wife or daughter.  Nothing burger.
Or when the president grabs you by the bleep.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2017, 02:44:51 am »
@libertybele

They're still public servants.  I like Melania as much as anyone, but I'm not going to elevate her on a pedestal.  She's not a queen.  As for Trump, come on.  We know what kind of man he is.

Melania is not an elected official, nor a paid public servant.  She simply is married to our president and certain duties have become associated and expected from our First Lady. No.  I certainly do not have her on a pedestal, but she is poised, and has a dignified demeanor about her and is always tastefully dressed for whatever occasion she may accompany the President to.  No, I've never held President Trump on a pedestal, I am a huge Cruz supporter.  There were comments and actions by Trump while campaigning that were completely bombastic and narcissistic and when he became the GOP nominee I was amazed and disappointed.  He became our President.  Most importantly has shown the leadership that our past president clearly lacked.  IMHO he has been bombarded from both sides of the aisle and the MSM with negativity and accusations.  Perhaps you may feel rightfully so, the way I see it, I can't remember a President that has been treated so terribly. When he was voted in, I breathed a huge sigh of relief that Hillary was over.  I decided at that point in time to wipe the slate clean in evaluating him.  His pre-inaugural festivies brought tears to my eyes.  He has appointed a conservative justice as promised.  The hold up on the wall and Bammycare are primarily the fault of a RINO laden Congress.  We hold the majority, but the RINO's are still in place and the poor (and I'm being polite) leadership is still in place.

To make a sexist comment against his wife I found uncalled for.  From where I sit, I see that he is trying to take this country in a better direction then it was headed...yet the Trump bashing continues, even if it means degrading his wife.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2017, 02:50:11 am »
Couth?  That just the ways guys talk.  Nothing burger.

I saw what you did there!   :silly: 

@Half Vast Conspiracy
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2017, 02:54:10 am »
Melania is not an elected official, nor a paid public servant.  She simply is married to our president and certain duties have become associated and expected from our First Lady. No.  I certainly do not have her on a pedestal, but she is poised, and has a dignified demeanor about her and is always tastefully dressed for whatever occasion she may accompany the President to.  No, I've never held President Trump on a pedestal, I am a huge Cruz supporter.  There were comments and actions by Trump while campaigning that were completely bombastic and narcissistic and when he became the GOP nominee I was amazed and disappointed.  He became our President.  Most importantly has shown the leadership that our past president clearly lacked.  IMHO he has been bombarded from both sides of the aisle and the MSM with negativity and accusations.  Perhaps you may feel rightfully so, the way I see it, I can't remember a President that has been treated so terribly. When he was voted in, I breathed a huge sigh of relief that Hillary was over.  I decided at that point in time to wipe the slate clean in evaluating him.  His pre-inaugural festivies brought tears to my eyes.  He has appointed a conservative justice as promised.  The hold up on the wall and Bammycare are primarily the fault of a RINO laden Congress.  We hold the majority, but the RINO's are still in place and the poor (and I'm being polite) leadership is still in place.

To make a sexist comment against his wife I found uncalled for.  From where I sit, I see that he is trying to take this country in a better direction then it was headed...yet the Trump bashing continues, even if it means degrading his wife.

Great post!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2017, 02:56:31 am »
Or when the president grabs you by the bleep.

Yep, I remember the leak of the locker room talk which apparently happened awhile ago.  He made terrible comments towards Cruz, Fiorina, Carson, Kelley and others while campaigning.  There is no excuse for his 5th grade bully-like actions and comments and I certainly didn't vote for him in the primaries.  However, I am not aware of any such comments are actions coming from him so far as President and he has surprised me with his leadership.  He's 7 months into his presidency ... yet people are judging him as if he's already served two terms!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2017, 03:11:38 am »
Melania's popularity with the public is soaring.  She has not put a designer clad foot wrong yet.

I think she deserves some respect ... not pedestal respect but respect she has earned as First Lady.

She's got my respect (not pedestal)  for going into a meeting between Putin and Trump to try to break it up.

Even in my little world, I wouldn't have tried that with my hubby and any body. 'Course, I don't and never did look like Melania. ^-^

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2017, 03:22:07 am »
I saw what you did there!   :silly: 

@Half Vast Conspiracy
I'm glad someone did.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2017, 04:31:54 am »

That is a wonderful post.  I'm in the same boat.  I really disliked Trump during the primaries and, by extension, I didn't like Melania either.

But Melania has been a really good First Lady.  It's a pleasure to see her pictures ... so perfectly dressed for all occasions and never embarrassing like the previous Flotus. 

I, too, wiped the slate clean with Trump and he has been so much better than I expected. 

If the worst thing he ever does is tweet, I'm okay with that.

I don't think Melania deserves the criticism she's gotten here by some but that's the name of some people's game.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2017, 06:42:01 am »

QFT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:19 am »
I'm glad someone did.
Yeah.  It's easy to go over the head of those prostrate in worship. I heard the Whoosh as it sailed over.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »

@libertybele

With all respect to you, it isn't necessary to defend Trump to me; as I've said before, I'm judging him on a day-to-day basis, based on his performance.  Yes, the GOP sucks, but I'm not about to absolve Trump for a hapless victim.  The buck stops with him.  And to be honest with you, when someone scolds me for not showing the proper respect to a public employee, as if he's dime-store royalty, it makes me inclined to double down.  Human nature being what it is, I think we're susceptible to wanting to elevate our leaders and look up to them, even in a Constitutional republic.  IMO it's how we are.  I'm not doing that, and I'm done getting teary-eyed over politicians.  Cynical? Probably.  Realistic?  Oh, yeah.

As for Melania, you're right, of course---she isn't a public servant, and that was my mistake.  I'll say it again, she's a beautiful woman, but she's not a virginal seventeen year-old snowflake, and treating her like one is silly.  Men are going to make appreciative comments.  I've seen any number of what you would call " sexist" remarks in the FLOTUS fashion thread---some of them from a member who just applauded your post---and you've never uttered a peep.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
@libertybele

With all respect to you, it isn't necessary to defend Trump to me; as I've said before, I'm judging him on a day-to-day basis, based on his performance.  Yes, the GOP sucks, but I'm not about to absolve Trump for a hapless victim.  The buck stops with him.  And to be honest with you, when someone scolds me for not showing the proper respect to a public employee, as if he's dime-store royalty, it makes me inclined to double down.  Human nature being what it is, I think we're susceptible to wanting to elevate our leaders and look up to them, even in a Constitutional republic.  IMO it's how we are.  I'm not doing that, and I'm done getting teary-eyed over politicians.  Cynical? Probably.  Realistic?  Oh, yeah.

As for Melania, you're right, of course---she isn't a public servant, and that was my mistake.  I'll say it again, she's a beautiful woman, but she's not a virginal seventeen year-old snowflake, and treating her like one is silly.  Men are going to make appreciative comments.  I've seen any number of what you would call " sexist" remarks in the FLOTUS fashion thread---some of them from a member who just applauded your post---and you've never uttered a peep.

I didn't know there was a Flotus fashion thread.  I'm tempted but I'm gonna pass.

Congrats on withholding the worship.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »
I didn't know there was a Flotus fashion thread.  I'm tempted but I'm gonna pass.

Congrats on withholding the worship.

Yes, there is such a thread somewhere.  It's just what you would expect, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 04:55:27 pm »
Yes, there is such a thread somewhere.  It's just what you would expect, too.

I freely admit I enjoy seeing the pictures of Melania posted on various sites daily but I'm afraid if I went to a Flotus fashion thread I might to start to worship her .... just a little bit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »
I freely admit I enjoy seeing the pictures of Melania posted on various sites daily but I'm afraid if I went to a Flotus fashion thread I might to start to worship her .... just a little bit.

LOL!  FLOTUS looked great .... but she was also a busy lady at the G20 @Emjay

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:32 pm »

LOL.  No, you wouldn't.  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2017, 07:04:29 pm »
LOL.  No, you wouldn't.  :laugh:

No, I wouldn't.  But I might sink in a serious envy depression.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2017, 07:09:46 pm »
No, I wouldn't.  But I might sink in a serious envy depression.

Pish posh.  I know you, but I don't know Melania.  I put far more stock in what you have to say.  She wears a dress well, but so what?  That stopped mattering to me before I was 20 (many decades ago).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
Pish posh.  I know you, but I don't know Melania.  I put far more stock in what you have to say.  She wears a dress well, but so what?  That stopped mattering to me before I was 20 (many decades ago).

Me, too.  I was joking.  I haven't had a dress on in a year and over here everyone just wears shorts and flip flops that the natives call 'slippas'  ... It's impossible to tell a rich person from a poor person from their clothes here but you can tell a fat person from a skinny one.  That's about it.