Author Topic: Trump dives into election hacking issue with Putin: ‘Very robust and lengthy exchange’  (Read 2313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By S.A. Miller and Sally Persons - The Washington Times - Updated: 2:41 p.m. on Friday, July 7, 2017

President Trump brought up Russia’s interference in the U.S. election at the start of his first face-to-face meeting Friday with Russian President Vladimir Putin, sparking “a very robust and lengthy exchange” at the G-20 Summit, Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson said.

“The president pressed President Putin on more than one occasion regarding Russian involvement. President Putin denied such involvement,” said Mr. Tillerson, who attended the highly anticipated meeting on the sidelines of the Group of 20 Summit in Hamburg, Germany.

Mr. Tillerson provided a reporters a readout of the meeting, which was scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

more
 By S.A. Miller and Sally Persons - The Washington Times - Updated: 2:41 p.m. on Friday, July 7, 2017

President Trump brought up Russia’s interference in the U.S. election at the start of his first face-to-face meeting Friday with Russian President Vladimir Putin, sparking “a very robust and lengthy exchange” at the G-20 Summit, Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson said.

“The president pressed President Putin on more than one occasion regarding Russian involvement. President Putin denied such involvement,” said Mr. Tillerson, who attended the highly anticipated meeting on the sidelines of the Group of 20 Summit in Hamburg, Germany.

Mr. Tillerson provided a reporters a readout of the meeting, which was scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Putun: Show me where the journalists touched you Donnie.

Online corbe

Over 2 Hours, I guess it's a foregone conclusion who Putin will help win in 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Tillerson: Trump and Putin had 'positive chemistry'

By Jonathan Easley - 07/07/17 03:32 PM EDT

<..snip..>

Putin refused to acknowledge wrongdoing, something that Tillerson acknowledged would continue to hang over U.S.-Russia relations.

“It's too important to not find a way to move forward,” Tillerson said. “I’m not dismissing the [election meddling] issue in any way, and that is why we've agreed to continue engagement and discussion around how we secure a commitment that the Russian government has no intention of and will not interfere in our affairs in the future.”

“I think, again, the president's rightly focused on how do we move forward from what may be simply an intractable disagreement at this point,” Tillerson said.

Obama after the election punished Russia for its meddling by imposing economic sanctions on the country and seizing two Russian compounds in the U.S. that intelligence officials say were used for spying. Obama also expelled 35 Russian diplomats.

Russia has pressed for the compounds to be returned, but it is unclear whether Trump and Putin discussed the matter on Friday.

A group of senators on Thursday warned Trump not to return the compounds to Russia, saying such a step would embolden Putin.

"The return of these two facilities to Russia while the Kremlin refuses to address its influence campaign against the United States‎ would embolden President Vladimir Putin and invite a dangerous escalation in the Kremlin’s destabilizing actions against democracies worldwide," wrote Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.) and GOP Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Johnny Isakson (Ga.).

http://thehill.com/policy/international/341025-tillerson-trump-and-putin-had-positive-chemistry
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

"Yeah, we know they interfered, but we're going to let bygones be bygones and trust they won't do it again."

Online corbe

The last 2 US Administrations have interfered in many recent global elections, UK, Brexit, Israel and Ukraine (Manafort as a private citizen?), It's the Dems, who incidentally brought all this $hit up that have adversely effected the integrity of the 'actual' Voting in US Elections. IMHO

Silver Pines

The last 2 US Administrations have interfered in many recent global elections, UK, Brexit, Israel and Ukraine (Manafort as a private citizen?), It's the Dems, who incidentally brought all this $hit up that have adversely effected the integrity of the 'actual' Voting in US Elections. IMHO

@corbe, with all respect to you, I don't see how the last two administrations' actions make it acceptable for Russia to try and undermine ours.  The left pushed the premise that Russia succeeded in affecting the outcome, but they didn't.  Still, U.S. intelligence reported that, while they've made attempts before, this past try was more aggressive, and it won't be the last.

Then there's Tillerson saying we have the same objectives in Syria as the Russians, and that maybe where we differ the Russians might be right.   Seriously?!

Offline Cripplecreek

@corbe, with all respect to you, I don't see how the last two administrations' actions make it acceptable for Russia to try and undermine ours.  The left pushed the premise that Russia succeeded in affecting the outcome, but they didn't.  Still, U.S. intelligence reported that, while they've made attempts before, this past try was more aggressive, and it won't be the last.

Then there's Tillerson saying we have the same objectives in Syria as the Russians, and that maybe where we differ the Russians might be right.   Seriously?!

Russia's propaganda during our election was an act of cold war aggression. If opposing them makes me the enemy then so be it.

Silver Pines

Holy cow....

You can take Putin out of the KGB but you can't take the KGB out of Putin. 

Jonah Goldberg retweeted an item about a Russian group investigating corruption.  Eight of the group have died under mysterious circumstances.

Online corbe

With the advance of social media, it is just more obvious, today @CatherineofAragon all smart civilized Nations have been involved in other's 'less civilized elections', was my point, I think.

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole, breaking in a new mouse tonight.  :pondering:

Silver Pines

With the advance of social media, it is just more obvious, today @CatherineofAragon all smart civilized Nations have been involved in other's 'less civilized elections', was my point, I think.

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole, breaking in a new mouse tonight.  :pondering:

@corbe, I don't know if social media amounts, though, to an unfriendly government deliberately trying to influence our elections.  I don't see how we can dismiss it, you know?

Online corbe

I certainly wouldn't ever dismiss it or discount it @CatherineofAragon

Being heavy online in the last election, the RussianBots were prevalent, their headquarters probably being Trumpbart or TOS, AND it's gonna get much worse in 2018/2020.
   Does the RNC, under new leadership, have more moxie to make this monster work to their advantage? TrumpTweets, fail, but the dems are failing also, whole new dimension as Sterling would say.
   It's commendable that Reince didn't use 'password' as his password but it's certainly plausible that both parties are inhabited by Idiots.

Something I always wanted to ask you:  Does that tattoo go all the way down?

Offline Rivergirl

Tillerson and Putin are old friends.   Their relationship may well be why DT chose him for his administration.

Wingnut

Jonah Goldberg retweeted an item about a Russian group investigating corruption.  Eight of the group have died under mysterious circumstances.

Now Now.  They all had a very serious colds.  WHich is nearly always fatal in Mother Russia.

Online corbe

Tillerson and Putin are old friends.   Their relationship may well be why DT chose him for his administration.

@Rivergirl I believe that 'good ol boy' from Midland TX, Tillerson  has the USA's best interest at heart, more so than some in this Administration, even though his moral positions on some issues appalls me. 

In a 'Binary' situation we don't have the luxury of thinking who Cruz would have appointed, just keeping Kerry.

PS: Tillerson and Cruz have been tight for a number of years, as you know.

Silver Pines

Now Now.  They all had a very serious colds.  WHich is nearly always fatal in Mother Russia.

@Wingnut

Swilling all that vodka is hard on the immune system, so yeah, that has to be it.

Offline Rivergirl

In the end Cruz' friends turned out to be backstabbers.

Online corbe

Running as a Republican Senator in Texas in the GOP party (as an underdog), having a friendship with the CEO of Exon can be very advantageous @Rivergirl
    I'll take Sen. Cruz's 'judgment of character' over most all these cretins right now, but it's a well established fact that I'm a cruzbot, and I certainly respect your opinion.

Offline Cripplecreek

In the end Cruz' friends turned out to be backstabbers.

A lot of them did, its politics. From reading A time for Truth, I get the impression that Ted Cruz expects a fair amount of betrayal from politicians. The story about spending the day with George H.W. and Barbara Bush was interesting. They gave him money for a campaign and Karl Rove went ballistic about it because he intended for the Bush's to give money to someone else.

As a side note, the idea that because Tillerson is from Texas and that  means he puts America first is foolish. LBJ was from Texas.

Online corbe

A lot of them did, its politics. From reading A time for Truth, I get the impression that Ted Cruz expects a fair amount of betrayal from politicians. The story about spending the day with George H.W. and Barbara Bush was interesting. They gave him money for a campaign and Karl Rove went ballistic about it because he intended for the Bush's to give money to someone else.

As a side note, the idea that because Tillerson is from Texas and that  means he puts America first is foolish. LBJ was from Texas.

Low blow @Cripplecreek so was Eisenhower (Abilene, I think) and I agree with you that LBJ was a skunk ever before BOX 13.

Silver Pines

Trump tweeted today that he and Putin are considering establishing a joint cyber security unit.  Putin is playing the hell out of him, sadly.

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump tweeted today that he and Putin are considering establishing a joint cyber security unit.  Putin is playing the hell out of him, sadly.

@CatherineofAragon

But Putin wants to make America Great Again.

Why do you hate America so much. :silly:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:03:43 pm by Cripplecreek »

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

But Putin wants to make America Great Again.

Why do you hate America so much. :silly:

Thanks for posting that.  I'm on my phone and I couldn't do it.

Next up, the mafia and the FBI establish an anti-crime task force.

Offline Cripplecreek

Thanks for posting that.  I'm on my phone and I couldn't do it.

Next up, the mafia and the FBI establish an anti-crime task force.

Maybe a joint Coyote/border patrol task force to protect the border.

He's outright inviting Russia to play with our elections and his moron supporters will applaud like trained seals.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Maybe a joint Coyote/border patrol task force to protect the border.

He's outright inviting Russia to play with our elections and his moron supporters will applaud like trained seals.

@mystery-ak

Must really SUCK to be you.   @Cripplecreek       :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald