Author Topic: Trump, Putin face-off at G-20 in Germany: ‘Very, very good talks’  (Read 821 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By S.A. Miller
Friday, July 7, 2017

President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin sat down for their first face-to-face meeting Friday for highly anticipated talks that Mr. Trump said were “going well,” even as both leaders looked to project power and cooperation to audiences at home and around the globe.

“President Putin and I have been discussing various things, and I think it is going well,” Mr. Trump said during a break in the talks on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. “We’ve had some very, very good talks.”
The meeting is overshadowed by Russia interference in the U.S. presidential election last year and Democrats’ unsubstantiated allegations of Trump campaign collusion.

Neither Mr. Trump or Mr. Putin said what topics had come up so far in their discussions.
Mr. Trump said the discussions would continue, and “we look forward to a lot of positive things happening for Russia, for the United States and for everybody concerned.”

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/7/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-face-g-20-very-very-go/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Night Hides Not

Was Trump displaying more "flexibility" than his predecessor?

I can only imagine the cacophony had Trump said something like what Obama said in 2012 to Medvedev.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

Neither Mr. Trump or Mr. Putin said what topics had come up so far in their discussions.
Mr. Trump said the discussions would continue, and “we look forward to a lot of positive things happening for Russia, for the United States and for everybody concerned.”

Trump is getting his sea legs for the non-business scene.  In a way, getting rolled by China this past week might have been a good thing, making him a bit more cautious with Russia.  I hope he performed well, and that it will indeed be positive.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

We have a secret weapon    ^-^