Author Topic: I Owe Trump An Apology  (Read 725 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I Owe Trump An Apology
« on: July 07, 2017, 11:38:45 am »

The Daily Wire
BY: SPYRIDON MITSOTAKIS
JULY 6, 2017

President Donald Trump is doing the right thing in foreign policy. And he is doing it well. I owe the president an apology, because I didn't believe he would follow a foreign policy that would advance our interests and our values.

I am guilty of having made assumptions. Having listened to Trump's public statements before becoming president, I assumed the following: (1) A Trump administration would refuse to support NATO, putting the security of the free world at risk by tempting the Russians to attack Europe; (2) Cries for human rights would fall on deaf ears, debasing our moral standing and creating an atmosphere where evil regimes could commit ever-greater atrocities with impunity; (3) Trump would be susceptible to disinformation that confuses the pursuit of American foreign policy objectives.

I have never been so happy to have been proven wrong.

(more)
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18336/i-owe-trump-apology-spyridon-mitsotakis#
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: I Owe Trump An Apology
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:13 am »
All journalists can't be as wise as Rush; that's what makes him the number one radio broadcaster of all time.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: I Owe Trump An Apology
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »
I voted for Trump, but figured all along that he'd be pretty bad on foreign policy.

But he surprised the hell out of me with the quality of his national security appointments, and pretty much everything else he's done internationally has been far better than I ever expected.  He bombed the Syrians, which sent a great message without getting us bogged down.  He took the shackles off the military, which is now finding it much easier to pound ISIS, and he pissed off the Germans, which is always nice.