Author Topic: Trump is meeting with Putin for the first time, but don't expect a love fest  (Read 863 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Circa News
By Kellan Howell
12 Hours Ago

President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin will have their first face-to-face meeting this week on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. But experts say any big changes in US-Russia relations are unlikely to come from the encounter.

"I don't think a lot can come from this meeting, because obviously these two guys don't really know each other," said Michael O'Hanlon, a foreign policy expert at the Brookings Institution.

U.S. National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster didn't elaborate on what the two leaders would be discussing.

"It's really going to be whatever the president wants to talk about," he told reporters during a briefing Thursday.

CNN reported Monday that the two would likely discuss the war on terror, disputes in Syria and Ukraine and other unilateral agreements, but any talk about Russia's meddling in the U.S.' elections was likely off the table.

Trump repeatedly suggested on the campaign trail that it would be nice to have friendly relations with Russia, but experts say it would be a big mistake for Trump not to take a hard stance during his conversation with Putin.

(more)
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/03/politics/donald-trump-will-meet-with-vladimir-putin-at-g-20-summit-in-hamburg-germany
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

Trump is totally outmatched.  I hope it doesn't go too badly.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump is totally outmatched.  I hope it doesn't go too badly.

Depends on his approach. If it is sleazy businessman to sleazy businessman he will do fine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

Power goes this way:
Power to Trump:  Mr. Putin, meet Mr. Trump.
Power to Putin: Mr. Trump, meet Mr. Putin.

Would not surprise me if when they are introduced, Putin shakes his hand, and walks away.  That would be the ultimate put down to Trump.  Trump would never recover from that put down the rest of his life.