Author Topic: Forget what you’ve heard: Turmeric seems to have zero medicinal properties  (Read 1137 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Turmeric has done the full circle: from ancient remedy to hipster Western drink.

Even today, Indians readily apply it on fresh wounds, chicken-pox scabs, and insect bites. Medical professionals prescribe it for urological diseases, worm infections, and even cancer. Such has been the hype that the yellow-golden spice is widely touted as a validation of traditional medicine.

Scientists have now had enough. ....

https://qz.com/883829/a-large-scientific-review-study-shows-that-curcumin-in-turmeric-has-no-medicinal-properties/?utm_source=qzfbarchive

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yeah the last 5000 years are wrong.  These guys got it.  /s
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Disagree, Turmeric, Curry, one of those is good for black eyes, I made a paste for a black eye I had and it helped immediately along with eating Indian takeout, in my opinion.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yeah the last 5000 years are wrong.  These guys got it.  /s

Thousand year old plus medicine still claimed today in some areas to work include chakra aliment, urine therapy, ingesting mercury, psychic surgery, chanting, and so much more. Just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it has true benefit. Sometimes it does, sure, but many times it is either believed because others believe it, false correlation, or other factors that make people think it works. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Thousand year old plus medicine still claimed today in some areas to work include chakra aliment, urine therapy, ingesting mercury, psychic surgery, chanting, and so much more. Just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it has true benefit. Sometimes it does, sure, but many times it is either believed because others believe it, false correlation, or other factors that make people think it works.

Yeah you can believe the same science that supports global warming.  One study doesn't mean much.  It was probably funded by a pharma
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.