Author Topic: U.S. no longer a 'friend' in Merkel election program  (Read 934 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
U.S. no longer a 'friend' in Merkel election program
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:50:57 pm »

Reuters
By Noah Barkin | BERLIN
Mon Jul 3, 2017 | 3:19pm EDT

In their campaign program for the German election, Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives have dropped the term "friend" in describing the relationship with the United States.

Four years ago, the joint program of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and its Bavarian sister party, the Christian Social Union (CSU), referred to the United States as Germany's "most important friend" outside of Europe.

The 2013 program also described the "friendship" with Washington as a "cornerstone" of Germany's international relations and talked about strengthening transatlantic economic ties through the removal of trade barriers.

But the words "friend" and "friendship" are missing from the latest election program - entitled "For a Germany in which we live well and happily" - which Merkel and CSU leader Horst Seehofer presented on Monday ahead of a Sept. 24 election.

(more)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-election-merkel-usa-idUSKBN19O1NS

Good. I think this woman is insane. I wouldn't want her as a 'friend'. She a multicultural nut who is destroying her own country.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Re: U.S. no longer a 'friend' in Merkel election program
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:56:11 pm »
I suspect that there are a good many Germans who do not consider themselves friends of the Merkel election program.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:47 pm »
I suspect that there are a good many Germans who do not consider themselves friends of the Merkel election program.

Yup.  We might soon have a shift to the left.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:04:32 am »
Yup.  We might soon have a shift to the left.

If Merkel is what they consider 'right' then thats entirely understandable.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 12:12:00 am »
Just words.  Nothing to see here.   

To frau merkel, Ich bin Ein Berliner now means:
Ich war ein berliner

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:49:10 am »
If Merkel is what they consider 'right' then thats entirely understandable.

She is the rightmost of the major parties.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:55:12 am »
If this crazy-ass Nancy Pelosi clone is what the Germans call 'right', then by all means they need to go hard Left.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.