Author Topic: PHOTOS: Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public  (Read 4199 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PHOTOS: Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public

Updated on July 3, 2017 at 8:25 AM Posted on July 2, 2017 at 6:22 PM

By Andrew Mills and Claude Brodesser-Akner

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- People hoping to visit Island Beach State Park this holiday weekend were not allowed in because of the state government shutdown Gov. Chris Christie ordered amid the state budget standoff in Trenton.

But there was one family there: Christie's. They are using the summer beach house provided by the state for a weekend down the Shore.

more w/photos at link
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_pictured_at_island_beach_state_park_durin.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that's one way to keep the Greenpeace people from constantly pushing him back into the water...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

That is one way to get some privacy from the hoards of little people cluttering up the beach. 

An unnamed source (a beach house quest of Gov Christi) told reporters when he found out New Jerseyans had no place to sun themselves this holiday the Gov said to his wife:  "Qu'ils mangent de la meatloaf'." 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Come on. He wasn't vacationing.  He was just looking for Solo and the Wookie.

Offline Rivergirl

This governor began his regime of 'go to hell' by leaving the state prior to a massive snowstorm that crippled the state from end to end.  Now he's leaving with another 'go to hell' by shutting down the gov. for the 4th. holiday.

Wingnut

Han shot 1st.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@mystery-ak

Thanks for posting. I had it bookmarked from today's paper.....

:bighug:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

An unnamed source (a beach house quest of Gov Christi) told reporters when he found out New Jerseyans had no place to sun themselves this holiday the Gov said to his wife:  "Qu'ils mangent de la meatloaf'."
:hands:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

What a tone deaf idiot. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4661768/Chris-Christie-roasted-hilarious-beachgate-memes.html

Chris Christie is roasted in hilarious memes after pictures emerge of him and his family lounging on beach that he closed off to the public

Chris Christie was spotted on Sunday sunning himself with his family on a New Jersey beach
    But that beach and all other state-run parks and beaches had been closed to public amid budget shutdown
    Christie then came under fire from tweeters who turned him into a top-trending meme online
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Amazingly stupid. Stick a fork in him.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Ping. @pookie18

Check out myst's article's cartoons and tweets about Christie.  :silly:

(Daily Mail)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:15:54 pm by Freya »

Online pookie18

• TBR Contributor
Ping. @pookie18

Check out myst's article's cartoons and tweets about Christie.  :silly:

(Daily Mail)

Thanks, Freya!

Some of your toons just write themselves. I liked the Sopranos one best.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:27:16 pm by Freya »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I see lefties are captioning the photos "Capitalism".

Govt that shuts down public property which is then treated as private property by a govt official is a perfect example of the corruption that takes place in communist nations.

Online Smokin Joe

Govt that shuts down public property which is then treated as private property by a govt official is a perfect example of the corruption that takes place in communist nations.
With only 12, maybe 13 people in the 'beach party'? If he was a real capitalist, he'd have a more extensive 'guest list' (for five figure 'donations').

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What a tone deaf idiot.

He figured his career is over after being humiliated by trump repeatedly. Not a bad assessment frankly.

And now he gives not a single bleep.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

This actually can be directly related to Soviet era Russia where only politburo members and those with the proper connections to politicians were able to go to many of the beaches and resorts. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This actually can be directly related to Soviet era Russia where only politburo members and those with the proper connections to politicians were able to go to many of the beaches and resorts.

Only the best Dachas for prefered party members.

Offline Rivergirl

This a beach that is not open to the general public.  It's a private beach associated with the private summer home that is part of the Governor's residences.  The other is Drumthwacket.......(LOL)
He threatened that all the workers might not be paid for the days of the shutdown.........hah.........they WILL be paid but the cost to the beach towns is incalculable.......What a pathetic excuse for a governor.
He was elected because Corzine was so hated.   The second election, the dems put up a know nothing woman candidate who garnered hardly any votes at all.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:48:02 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Rivergirl

The two people running this November are so bad I don't know what to do.

For the first time in my life, I honestly don't know what to do.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Straight from the DJT public relations playbook. :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Straight from the DJT public relations playbook. :thud:

No no no christie is winning! He's making liberal heads explode!

Online Smokin Joe

No no no christie is winning! He's making liberal heads explode!
Maybe, but he's going to have the enmity of every vendor who caters to the beach biz, everyone who wanted to go dunk the rug rats or lay out in the sun.

This is as smart as dynamiting a beached whale, and it hits people in one of two places: their wallets or their playtime. Either will cause the sort of deep seated resentment that no person in politics ever wants to own.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

Christie loved CNN today.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:20:08 am by anubias »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Christie loved CNN today.

I misssed it. Should I be grateful?