Author Topic: GOP Sens Calling for McConnell to Cancel or Shorten August Recess  (Read 492 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ten Republican senators are urging Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to shorten or even cancel the planned August recess if enough progress on the GOP's legislative agenda is not made by then, Politico is reporting.

The senators made their request in a letter sent to McConnell on Friday morning, Politico reported.

"Our current Senate calendar shows only 33 potential working days remaining before the end of the fiscal year," the senators wrote. "This does not appear to give us enough time to adequately address the issues that demand immediate attention.

"Therefore, we respectfully request that you consider truncating, if not completely foregoing, the scheduled August state work period, allowing us more time to complete our work."

The senators, led by Sen. David Perdue of Georgia, are looking to make progress on repealing Obamacare, passing a budget, avoiding a debt default and reforming the tax code, Politico said...

Read more at: http://www.newsmax.com/politics/gop-recess/2017/06/30/id/799134/
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP Sens Calling for McConnell to Cancel or Shorten August Recess
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »
Cancel the damned thing altogether I say and make the work week 6 days until you get what needs doing done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:39:52 pm »
Cancel the damned thing altogether I say and make the work week 6 days until you get what needs doing done!

And turn of the AC in the building like the old days.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 05:44:20 pm »
And turn of the AC in the building like the old days.

Works for me!   :beer:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien