Author Topic: Security Footage Shows Robbers Forcing Homeowner To Open His Gun Safe And It Costs Them Their Lives  (Read 7395 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Wire
BY: CHASE STEPHENS
JUNE 27, 2017

Last Wednesday night two criminals broke into a home in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay area called Brentwood, hoping to score some easy loot. But when the greedy suspects spotted a gun safe, they decided they wanted what was in it. And that's just what they got.

(more)
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18024/security-footage-shows-robbers-forcing-homeowner-chase-stephens

Apparently he had one loaded and chambered ready in the safe. When they told him to open his gun safe, he was happy to do it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Nice going, but being CA I expect the State is looking for ways to prosecute this guy.

I hope he's got insurance.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Nice going, but being CA I expect the State is looking for ways to prosecute this guy.

Yeah with it being California they'll hem him up for having one in ready one and use that to confiscate all his weapons.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

He screwed the pooch when he stepped out his front door guns a blazing.   I can see the list of charges on his arrest warrant as we speak.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
He screwed the pooch when he stepped out his front door guns a blazing.   I can see the list of charges on his arrest warrant as we speak.

I'd agree he's probably screwed but it does depend on if they were shooting at him.   If he shot them in the back as they ran he's gonna be sorry.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

I'd agree he's probably screwed but it does depend on if they were shooting at him.   If he shot them in the back as they ran he's gonna be sorry.

Yeah,  but its Brentwood.   

The "unidentified" DOA's  were male Antioch residents in their 30s.

The Ghetto comes to Brentwood!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:17:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Wingnut

Looks like E-dub wasn't so untouchable after all.  :silly:

:chairbang:

LOL!

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Looks like E-dub wasn't so untouchable after all.  :silly:

We have conclusive proof that he was NOT faster than a speeding bullet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Yep, I thought about that too. Once they left his domicile, he basically lost all rights to shoot at them unless they continued to pose a threat to life and limb either to himself or anyone else, which is highly unlikely.

If any of the perps is shot in the back, that will be bad news.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Yep, I thought about that too. Once they left his domicile, he basically lost all rights to shoot at them unless they continued to pose a threat to life and limb either to himself or anyone else, which is highly unlikely.

Homeowners are supposed to have their adrenaline totally in check from the moment the thugs turn their backs to run. A little unreasonable IMO.

Wingnut

Waiting for the obligatory family interviews.  The ones that go like: 'They was good boys. Dindunutin that they be shot for. You have to understand, you have to look at it from a point of view that they was raised in the hood. How they gonna get his money?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:09:23 pm by Wingnut »

Offline roamer_1

Apparently he had one loaded and chambered ready in the safe. When they told him to open his gun safe, he was happy to do it.

Point in fact as to why an unloaded weapon is a useless weapon.
And why gun safes are stupid, at least from the aspect of home defense.

Offline thackney

Some are less stupid than others.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

I need one of those in the pickup.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:22:49 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

The wife and I are talking about getting a couple of those for our bedside and at least one for the living room/kitchen area.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

More than that. An unloaded weapon is more dangerous than nothing at all.

We were docked in a country that would not allow loaded weapons on the pier. The OOD tried to send patrols out on pier watch with unloaded weapons. That was the first time I have seen soldiers flat out refuse orders. They said either we have rounds, or we have no weapon at all. I'm not going on patrol with an inoperable weapon. The reason is obvious. If something did happen, the terrorists will not know that the weapons are unloaded. And the pier watch would be first to be shot. If you don't have a weapon, you're not really a threat.

The OOD compromised and said they could take mags with them, but they had to be on their belts not in the rifles.

That is why you never 'brandish' a weapon, loaded or unloaded, safety on or off, it doesn't matter. If you are holding a weapon in view, you have to be ready to use it. Because there is no way to know how the other guy is going to react.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:30:47 pm by 240B »

Offline thackney

Offline roamer_1

That is why you never 'brandish' a weapon, loaded or unloaded, safety on or off, it doesn't matter. If you are holding a weapon in view, you have to be ready to use it. Because there is no way to know how the other guy is going to react.

That's right.

Wingnut

More than that. An unloaded weapon is more dangerous than nothing at all.

We were docked in a country that would not allow loaded weapons on the pier. The OOD tried to send patrols out on pier watch with unloaded weapons. That was the first time I have seen soldiers flat out refuse orders. They said either we have rounds, or we have no weapon at all. I'm not going on patrol with an inoperable weapon. The reason is obvious. If something did happen, the terrorists will not know that the weapons are unloaded. And the pier watch would be first to be shot. If you don't have a weapon, you're not really a threat.

The OOD compromised and said they could take mags with them, but they had to be on their belts not in the rifles.

Reminds me of an old joke: 
Give a (2nd Lt.) or an OOD three anvils locked in a padded cell, and in 10 minutes he'll lose one, break one and get the other one pregnant.

Offline roamer_1

I've also considered types like:

I dunno. I kinda like a thumbprint lock for that... (or the like)
I've had an old .357 in the pickup for ages. Mainly to have it handy for dispatching a road-injured deer and such... I can see needing to get at it quick in the dark, so a combo lock is out of the question. As is fumbling for a key that is probably on my main keychain which is likely in my pocket, and hard to dig out in a sitting position...

Not to mention that I can pick about any mechanical lock you'd care to show me, most in under a minute - so 'safe' at that point is fairly subjective.

And, I might add, if I happen to be packing, there are places the gun can't go, and I would like to be unobtrusive as possible with the transfer when it needs to happen.

But thx for the link... I'll look around there.

Offline thackney

I dunno. I kinda like a thumbprint lock for that... (or the like)
I've had an old .357 in the pickup for ages. Mainly to have it handy for dispatching a road-injured deer and such... I can see needing to get at it quick in the dark, so a combo lock is out of the question. As is fumbling for a key that is probably on my main keychain which is likely in my pocket, and hard to dig out in a sitting position...

Not to mention that I can pick about any mechanical lock you'd care to show me, most in under a minute - so 'safe' at that point is fairly subjective.

And, I might add, if I happen to be packing, there are places the gun can't go, and I would like to be unobtrusive as possible with the transfer when it needs to happen.

But thx for the link... I'll look around there.

I haven't found what I want, I'm still looking.  Not even sure what I want so the search is going to take awhile.

I'm still leary of the thumbprint always working when I need it.  I like the 4 button combination style of the first, something that can be felt easily in the dark.

I like the conceal of being in the Console armrest.

Offline roamer_1

I haven't found what I want, I'm still looking.  Not even sure what I want so the search is going to take awhile.

Yeah, that's right. So far I have relied upon 'disguise' I guess.
My truck looks like such a sh*tbox that no one would even think to bother - Not that it IS a sh*tbox, mind you... Under the hood is impressive, but outwardly, other than the lift and tires, it is not just nondescript, but rather blaring 'sh*tbox!!!' Calico colors and all.

I leave it unlocked and the windows down all the time too, all unconcerned, which adds to the 'why bother'... Nothing to attract them, and so far, it works. But I should probably take better precautions. I'll get hit one of these days.

I'm still leary of the thumbprint always working when I need it. 

Yeah, I get it, but in practice, if functioning, it is the closest thing to the ready access I am used to... And that also isn't taking into account the 30/30 that has been in the seat scabbard for at least twenty years.... How do you lock that up?

I like the 4 button combination style of the first, something that can be felt easily in the dark.

So that is a push-button combination of four in sequence? is that how it works? That's alright... but only 16 possible combinations, right? That's not real good.

I like the conceal of being in the Console armrest.

That's pretty cool. If you have a console...  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:54:57 pm by roamer_1 »