Author Topic: Obamas under fire from the left for never ending, sizzling ultra-luxury vacations  (Read 2644 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

.../   The topic under discussion is ultra-luxury vacations.   ...

I apologize up front for beating this dead horse, but actually the topic is Obama and the subtopic is his many ultra-luxury vacations.   :shrug:

Offline Victoria33

Obama is a private citizen, he can do what he wants.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And I find it tacky that someone would complain about a 'pre-emptive strike on Trump' where none was intended, so I guess we all have our crosses to bear.  The topic under discussion is ultra-luxury vacations.  You may limit your own discussion as you see fit, but I am not similarly constrained.

The fact remains that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. 

Meanwhile, I have a conference call to host so feel free to snark to your heart's content.

I always do, honey.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. Funny how that po' boy from da 'hood is rolling in the dough and living large on that salary in DC. He must have made some futures trades or something. Maybe some policy statements leaked in time for his broker to buy and sell just right. Maybe he skimmed some serious cash for his stash.

I know he was never the 'poor boy' he tried to sell the 'hood. But he sure is living large.

I guess it's worth it to get him out of the White House.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

He can and he does.  But we can and we will criticize the ultra luxurious vacations that he's taking with money he somehow acquired on a president's salary and the expense of providing him secret service protection to all those exotic locations.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Victoria33 I get that and agree with you to a point.

But here you have someone who spent 8 years degrading and insulting people who had made money and were successful "you didn't earn that" and the 1%.  24/7/365 Class warfare BS from this man and now here he is living like the rich 1% he despised and excoriated while he was President.

People have the right to point out his blatant hypocrisy.  I just don't understand why the left is upset since they knew what he was and what he stood for (or didn't stand for) while he was in office.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

@Victoria33 I get that and agree with you to a point.

But here you have someone who spent 8 years degrading and insulting people who had made money and were successful "you didn't earn that" and the 1%.  24/7/365 Class warfare BS from this man and now here he is living like the rich 1% he despised and excoriated while he was President.

People have the right to point out his blatant hypocrisy.  I just don't understand why the left is upset since they knew what he was and what he stood for (or didn't stand for) while he was in office.
He didn't learn to golf playing stickball in the streets. Punahou...Columbia...Harvard....some serious jingle backing him all the way, and he was groomed from early on. Now that show horse is out to pasture except for some command performances, living the good life.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

He didn't learn to golf playing stickball in the streets. Punahou...Columbia...Harvard....some serious jingle backing him all the way, and he was groomed from early on. Now that show horse is out to pasture except for some command performances, living the good life.
@Smokin Joe
@txradioguy

He is no longer president so harping about him is wasted energy.  It is the same with Hillary.  Yet, people hang onto them and no matter what Trump does, they say, "But Hillary .....".   "But Obama..."  Hannity is the worst one; every day it is "Hillary did...", "Obama did...".  They are past history and the country is in the present now.  It is what happens now that is important not rehashing past years.

Don't come up with "History repeats itself" or "Those who do not consider the past are bound to repeat it."  We have the circumstances we have right now and those people are not in it anymore.  What we do NOW counts.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe
@txradioguy

He is no longer president so harping about him is wasted energy.  It is the same with Hillary.  Yet, people hang onto them and no matter what Trump does, they say, "But Hillary .....".   "But Obama..."  Hannity is the worst one; every day it is "Hillary did...", "Obama did...".  They are past history and the country is in the present now.  It is what happens now that is important not rehashing past years.

Don't come up with "History repeats itself" or "Those who do not consider the past are bound to repeat it."  We have the circumstances we have right now and those people are not in it anymore.  What we do NOW counts.
I am afraid I disagree. They aren't past history until the Statute of Limitations runs out.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

I am afraid I disagree. They aren't past history until the Statute of Limitations runs out.

They aren't past history until they're dead.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Smokin Joe
@txradioguy

But, Obama.... But, Hillary ...

If only they had sailed off into the sunset ... but they haven't.  They are both working hard to destroy the current President and the people who voted for him.

I think anything we can do to reveal his crooked history and his crooked current doings is worthwhile.

Silver Pines

But, Obama.... But, Hillary ...

If only they had sailed off into the sunset ... but they haven't.  They are both working hard to destroy the current President and the people who voted for him.

I think anything we can do to reveal his crooked history and his crooked current doings is worthwhile.

@Emjay

Wow, Obama and Hillary are going to destroy Trump voters?  That's pretty scary.  Do they have a death ray, or something?  I'm worried for my inlaws' safety. 

You keep up the detective work on those two.  Meanwhile we have a health care bill that may ruin the country if it goes through, so excuse me if I focus on that and a few other issues.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We might as well get used to this now.  Does anyone really expect the Trumps will quietly sit at home once he is no longer president?

You get the prize. It took until the 14th post, for the Obama story to shift to Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You are excused, although I am not "abusing" anyone. 

I am stating that if someone thinks it is ok for Trump to take luxury vacations following his presidency, then it is disingenuous to complain about Obama doing the same.
Reagan, Bush I, Bush II and Trump were multi-millionaires BEFORE holding the presidency.

Clinton and Obama ONLY became wealthy from holding the office.

Can you distinguish that difference? I hope.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Fun times in Indonesia - Obama on a Bali high.

Hey, get a picture of us sitting on our backsides while someone else does all the work.

What, you already have plenty of those?  Well take another!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Good, good times .....

Offline Frank Cannon

Some of these vacations are way over the top....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Good, good times .....

I was going to ask who the guy in the black ball cap next to Bammy is.  :silly: :silly: :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Hoodat

“I think the Bernie Sanders wing of the party, when they see President Obama, whom they instinctively want to defend being the corporatist president, I think it makes the base uneasy,” said Caddell.

Does it make them uneasy seeing Bernie Sanders become a millionaire from his Presidential run while he pays members of his own staff hourly wages that are below the minimum he wants to enforce on the rest of us?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin Joe wrote:
"Yeah, but they bagged a ridiculous amount of money while he was in office. The retirement salary is pocket change."

Not to mention what might be tens upon tens of millions from the Iranians, as a kickback to the billions he gave them just before leaving office.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I was going to ask who the guy in the black ball cap next to Bammy is.  :silly: :silly: :silly:
A Ravens' linebacker maybe?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Emjay

Wow, Obama and Hillary are going to destroy Trump voters?  That's pretty scary.  Do they have a death ray, or something?  I'm worried for my inlaws' safety. 

You keep up the detective work on those two.  Meanwhile we have a health care bill that may ruin the country if it goes through, so excuse me if I focus on that and a few other issues.

Not up to your sarcasm standard at all.  Why don't you put your amazing powers to work on the health care bill and see what you can do.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bless your heart.

Thanks, but I know what that remark translates to in Texan.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Emjay

I forgot to tell you how sorry I feel for your in-laws.  And, by the way, there is a thread on the health care bill if you'd consider going over there.