Author Topic: Sweet irony! Skittles makes all white version for gay pride month and they get called…wait for it… racist!  (Read 2780 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

BizPac Review
Michael Dorstewitz
June 26, 2017

Skittles, the fruity-flavored candy that advertises “taste the rainbow,” is coming under fire from the militant far-left for its attempt to honor gay pride month — by changing its traditional rainbow colors to all white for the month of June.

“During Pride, only one rainbow matters,” each limited-edition bag of candy indicates. “So we’ve given up ours to show support.”

As a reward for kowtowing to the gay community, the left is bashing the candy maker for sending the wrong message. Some are even referring to that message as racist, and critics took their complaints to social media.

Image result for white skittles

(more)
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/06/26/sweet-irony-skittles-makes-white-version-gay-pride-month-get-called-wait-racist-506862
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Is it odd for me to be slightly impressed that Skittles did that? You don't drop your brand image lightly.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline roamer_1

Is it odd for me to be slightly impressed that Skittles did that? You don't drop your brand image lightly.

Yeah, OK... But 'Taste the rainbow' will have a different and definitely unappealing message...

Why a candy company caters to this crap and not to kids is beyond me.

Offline skeeter

Yeah, OK... But 'Taste the rainbow' will have a different and definitely unappealing message...

Virtue signaling is all the rage these days. I even had to watch a Pride commercial on a great big LED while waiting for a teller at my bank. What that has to do with depositing and withdrawing money is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:08:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When I first read about white Skittles for gay pride month, my first thought was exactly the opposite of what they were doing. I thought Skittles was 'protesting' pride month by going all white. They claim they are supporting pride month. I don't know? I agree with the other posters. I would not have gotten involved in this. I think we are witnessing another MBA case study product backfire as it is happening.

Hey man! Why dem skittles gotta be white!? man? dats racist! Where da Black Skittles! dammit!
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Virtue signaling is all the rage these days. I even had to watch a Pride commercial on a great big LED while waiting for a teller at my bank. What that has to do with depositing and withdrawing money is anyone's guess.
The commercial was intended for borrowers and those who are trying to get interest on their deposits....(BOHICA)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

When I first read about white Skittles for gay pride month, my first thought was exactly the opposite of what they were doing. I thought Skittles was 'protesting' pride month by going all white. They claim they are supporting pride month. I don't know? I agree with the other posters. I would not have gotten involved in this. I think we are witnessing another MBA case study product backfire as it is happening.

Hey man! Why dem skittles gotta be white!? man? dats racist! Where da Black Skittles! dammit!
Yabbut, as I recall my physics, black is the absence of color, white includes them all. (Which is politically backwards).

It would be an issue best avoided.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

They lost me with the 'skittles pox' ad. Gaaak.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

The commercial was intended for borrowers and those who are trying to get interest on their deposits....(BOHICA)

Ew.

Another reason to bank from home.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They lost me with the 'skittles pox' ad. Gaaak.

That commercial grosses me the hell out. I don't even want to watch it.

Hey! Said the advertising exec, What do you think about when you want candy? Disease right! Ok, here's what we do. We sell your product as a disease! A disease that has killed millions! Yeah man! If illness and death won't sell candy then nothing will. And skittles pox was born.

Online Smokin Joe

Hey! Said the advertising exec, What do you think about when you want candy? Disease right! Ok, here's what we do. We sell your product as a disease! A disease that has killed millions! Yeah man! If illness and death won't sell candy then nothing will. And skittles pox was born.
Now they are celebrating the transfer medium...

I don't think any good will come of this, at least not for that brand.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

How's this one
https://youtu.be/d7rsklT83D4
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
How's this one

I take it that immediately following the writing of that ad, there wasn't a mind altering drug to be found for 5 counties around.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How's this one

Intentionally provocative to draw attention by being gross and disgusting. Ok. I wouldn't do it, but skittles can if they want to.

However, the white skittles thing has opened up a whole new pandora's box. They have crossed over from gross and disgusting into social justice territory. And that almost always backfires because you automatically divide your customer base. Starbucks has Liberal hippies, but most normal people don't go there because of their brand. Once a company jumps into the SJW pool, then their product becomes more than just coffee. It becomes a cause and an attitude. Ben and Jerry's same thing. Who knows how many customers they are losing per year based on their social causes? You can't know.

If you are selling a product, you have to stay far away from any political or SJW stuff. It is a minefield. As Mars Inc. will soon find out.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Intentionally provocative to draw attention by being gross and disgusting. Ok. I wouldn't do it, but skittles can if they want to.

However, the white skittles thing has opened up a whole new pandora's box. They have crossed over from gross and disgusting into social justice territory. And that almost always backfires because you automatically divide your customer base. Starbucks has Liberal hippies, but most normal people don't go there because of their brand. Once a company jumps into the SJW pool, then their product becomes more than just coffee. It becomes a cause and an attitude. Ben and Jerry's same thing. Who knows how many customers they are losing per year based on their social causes? You can't know.

If you are selling a product, you have to stay far away from any political or SJW stuff. It is a minefield. As Mars Inc. will soon find out.

As a business owner I've found that most marketing people put their own agenda ahead of the customers.

Old spice has managed to be weird without bei my political.  Big fail here for Skittles.  We're talking about them but not in a good way.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline roamer_1

Big fail here for Skittles.  We're talking about them but not in a good way.

Whether we talk about them or not is probably incidental... Moms who hold the purse strings for their primary consumers.... If they get to waggin their jaws (and everyone knows they do), it could be disaster. See JC Pennys, Target, etc...

Offline skeeter

Personal favorite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZUJNgwlfY

Online Smokin Joe

Personal favorite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZUJNgwlfY
Well, we used to say "save a snack for later", but I don't think I'd try to sell candy with that idea.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...