Author Topic: Citing religious refusal of adoption rule, California bans state travel to Texas  (Read 1477 times)

Online corbe

Citing religious refusal of adoption rule, California bans state travel to Texas

California state agencies, universities and commissions won't be allowed to send their employees to Texas after the California attorney general declare a Texas law discriminatory.

by Matthew Watkins June 22, 2017 6:34 PM

Saying that a new Texas law allowing child welfare providers to deny adoptions to parents based on "sincerely held religious beliefs" is discriminatory, California's attorney general on Thursday banned state-funded travel to Texas.

The attorney general's office said in a news release that Texas' House Bill 3859 "allows foster care agencies to discriminate against children in foster care and potentially disqualify LGBT families from the state’s foster and adoption system." Therefore, California agencies, public universities and boards won't be able to pay for their employees or board members to travel to Texas for work-related trips, the state's attorney general declared.

"While the California DOJ works to protect the rights of all our people, discriminatory laws in any part of our country send all of us several steps back," said Xavier Becerra, the California attorney general. "That's why when California said we would not tolerate discrimination against LGBTQ members of our community, we meant it."

The decision drew a mocking response from the office of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican who signed the bill into law this month.

"California may be able to stop their state employees," said Abbott spokesman John Wittman, "but they can’t stop all the businesses that are fleeing over taxation and regulation, and relocating to Texas."

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/22/citing-religious-refusal-adoption-rule-california-bans-state-travel-te/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

California's attorney general on Thursday banned state-funded travel to Texas.

And I guaran-damn-tee you, all of the Texans whom I know will applaud this move.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline RetBobbyMI

And I guaran-damn-tee you, all of the Texans whom I know will applaud this move.
:beer:
Idiots from the Land of Fruits and Nuts took over Colorado and look what it became.  Make one wonder the motive of all the California Techies that moved to Austin.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Our resident liberal has been busy lauding Federalism when insisting he doesn't want his state to have Texas-style gun culture imposed on him.

Interesting that when Californication wants their homosexual culture imposed on every state, suddenly federalism does not apply.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

Power corrupts and the Moonbeams think they hold the power.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
heh heh heh

Freaking Cali libs.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Good we don't need them in our state anyway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

:beer:
Idiots from the Land of Fruits and Nuts took over Colorado and look what it became.  Make one wonder the motive of all the California Techies that moved to Austin.

Which is why Texans hope this ban is a promise and not just lip service.
Barba non facit philosophum.