Author Topic: Trump in Iowa: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years  (Read 7211 times)

Offline corbe

Can't lay this one on Congress, my brother. It's the President who enforces the laws, and only the President.

If this law already exists, which it does (Clinton signed it), Trump doesn't need to "call for" anything. All he needs do is direct the agencies he is responsible for to enforce the law. 30 seconds on the phone, tops. Of course, doing that means taking responsibility with no one else to blame.  :shrug:

Doing as you suggest @EC would remove this chunk of red meat for his supporters in his continuing campaign. We witnessed in the last 8 years how screwed up Reince made the GOP, it appears he's using the same magic in the Trump Administration, all talk no action.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Maybe the people who attend his rallies think they are auditioning for his reality show.  kind of like the thousands of kids who used to show up for American Idol auditions.
Admittedly a neverevertrumper, I have yet to hear a coherent statement of fact on any topic.   His energy comments in Iowa were more than a bit baffling.
Didn't watch or hear him but read the transcript.  Yikes.

They certainly lack self respect.

How little they must think of themselves to cheer being lied to and then repeat a new lie that the first lie was strategy.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
   Doing as you suggest @EC would remove this chunk of red meat for his supporters in his continuing campaign. We witnessed in the last 8 years how screwed up Reince made the GOP, it appears he's using the same magic in the Trump Administration, all talk no action.

Trump is president, the buck stops with him. All this blaming everyone else for Trump's failures is nothing but cowardice.

Offline Hoodat

If only we could have had an anti-GOPe President who called out Mitch McConnell for the liar he is and who would have handed people like Priebus their walking papers.  Instead, we get a President whose donations saved McConnell from an anti-establishment challenge and who handed Priebus the keys to the White House.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

Maybe the people who attend his rallies think they are auditioning for his reality show.  kind of like the thousands of kids who used to show up for American Idol auditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttmsiU-GZlg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Where does 5 years come from?

Why not 50?

It's called "Re-elect us" 'cause if you don't the Dems won't Renew our Welfare Ban.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
Can't lay this one on Congress, my brother. It's the President who enforces the laws, and only the President.

If this law already exists, which it does (Clinton signed it), Trump doesn't need to "call for" anything. All he needs do is direct the agencies he is responsible for to enforce the law. 30 seconds on the phone, tops. Of course, doing that means taking responsibility with no one else to blame.  :shrug:

I wish it were that easy, but we both know what the 9th and 4th Circuits did to the President's completely within his legislated prerogatives and powers Travel Ban.

It's got so out of hand that he can't even Enforce the already extant laws on the books without an Activist Judiciary pulling obstructionist opinions out of the terminus of their own Superior Colons.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline DB

I wish it were that easy, but we both know what the 9th and 4th Circuits did to the President's completely within his legislated prerogatives and powers Travel Ban.

It's got so out of hand that he can't even Enforce the already extant laws on the books without an Activist Judiciary pulling obstructionist opinions out of the terminus of their own Superior Colons.

That goes back to POTUS forcing the issue to the supreme court demanding a ruling.

• Wulf Anson Author
That goes back to POTUS forcing the issue to the supreme court demanding a ruling.

I'm afraid I'm not following you here.

The Travel Ban was legal. The Court's injunctions against it were off the wall.

How else could the WH get the Judicial usupation in this dealt with?

National Guard?

It was the Courts who blew it, not Trump, so taking it upstairs to SCOTUS seems to be the corrective needed.

Offline DB

I'm afraid I'm not following you here.

The Travel Ban was legal. The Court's injunctions against it were off the wall.

How else could the WH get the Judicial usupation in this dealt with?

National Guard?

It was the Courts who blew it, not Trump, so taking it upstairs to SCOTUS seems to be the corrective needed.

I thought that is what I essentially said only with the addition Trump needs to push it there.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:24:17 pm by DB »

• Wulf Anson Author
I thought that is what I essentially said only with the addition Trump needs to push it there.

If I misread your intent DB, then I apologize.

Offline DB

If I misread your intent DB, then I apologize.

No problem at all. I don't write very well...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah, I believe this crap because I seen it first hand with people I personally knew on construction sites and through my experience the short time I was on assistance.

It must have sucked standing in line at the welfare office with all those scumbags

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/19/usda-partnering-with-mexico-to-boost-food-stamp-participation/

http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/feds-caught-promoting-welfare-to-foreigners/

Yeah, I believe this crap because I seen it first hand with people I personally knew on construction sites and through my experience the short time I was on assistance.

I work in Manufacturing and see this stuff all the time.  They know how to work the system.  And if they are together they don't marry.  Just have the children on the state.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It must have sucked standing in line at the welfare office with all those scumbags
Well I wouldn't know but go ahead and tell me about your experience, or are you just into insults, fantasy ans stupidity? So far I would say you are an ace at all three. Interesting that you think only scumbags have to turn to welfare at some point, what a low opinion you have of fellow Americans and what a ridiculously poor understanding of what so many Americans went through under obama's misadministration. Must be awesome to be as special as you, personally I have never ridden the short bus.......myself.

I work in Manufacturing and see this stuff all the time.  They know how to work the system.  And if they are together they don't marry.  Just have the children on the state.
I like you.  I think you are a woman of uncommon common sense and I find that you express your opinion aggressively, yet with style, dignity, and grace.  This forum is richer for your contributions.  So when we disagree please understand that I hold you in the highest esteem.

I have worked in the automotive, janitorial, and fast food industry for the last 17 years.  I've met a few illegals over the years too, but I won't respond with anecdotes because I live near and work in Madison, WI.  It is definitely a sanctuary city and my opinion on illegal immigration can't help but be shaped by my experience. 

IMO Illegals often work 3 jobs for crappy pay, they kick in a big chunk of their paycheck to a retirement Ponzi scheme called Social Security, and they know that if they get angry, and pissy with anybody they trust, they can get a letter sent to ICE and their family ripped apart, or sent to a country they don't remember.

IMO getting rid of illegals does very little for my country and will cause great harm if it is done stupidily.  Unfortunately My president is a very, very stupid man.

The illegals I have met didn't carry plagues or pandemics, or commit murder or rape, or deal drugs to school children, in any higher rates than our native born Americans.

...or American homosexual cannibal serial killers, native born Islamic terrorists, and native born mail bombing Earth-Firsters. 

I believe illegals are a great scapegoat to avoid the real problem.  An easily exploited social safety net.

Getting rid of the illegals leaves a nation of fatter and older people...again this is just my opinion.

Well I wouldn't know but go ahead and tell me about your experience, or are you just into insults, fantasy ans stupidity? So far I would say you are an ace at all three. Interesting that you think only scumbags have to turn to welfare at some point, what a low opinion you have of fellow Americans and what a ridiculously poor understanding of what so many Americans went through under obama's misadministration. Must be awesome to be as special as you, personally I have never ridden the short bus.......myself.

those illegals receive better medical care and more benefits paid for by taxpayers then legal and native born Americans

I'm still waiting for some evidence of great medical care for Illegals...I can't say I've kept up on the latest Trumpbart articles, NumbersUSA press releases, and St*rmfront posts, but I haven't seen the story of the illegal sent to the Mayo clinic for observation, or some such, please provide a link for that awesome healthcare (better than LEGAL care) link.  Thanx in advance.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...IMO getting rid of illegals does very little for my country and will cause great harm if it is done stupidily.  Unfortunately My president is a very, very stupid man.

The illegals I have met didn't carry plagues or pandemics, or commit murder or rape, or deal drugs to school children, in any higher rates than our native born Americans....

I've heard that before, but unfortunately for us, it is incorrect.  Just look at the number of "foreign-born" prisoners in the federal system if you want to blow that little fantasy out of the water.

And, there are other reasons that illegal aliens are not are net positive to us.  Many people have stated reasons on this board, but you must have managed to miss them all.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I like you.  I think you are a woman of uncommon common sense and I find that you express your opinion aggressively, yet with style, dignity, and grace.  This forum is richer for your contributions.  So when we disagree please understand that I hold you in the highest esteem.

I have worked in the automotive, janitorial, and fast food industry for the last 17 years.  I've met a few illegals over the years too, but I won't respond with anecdotes because I live near and work in Madison, WI.  It is definitely a sanctuary city and my opinion on illegal immigration can't help but be shaped by my experience. 

IMO Illegals often work 3 jobs for crappy pay, they kick in a big chunk of their paycheck to a retirement Ponzi scheme called Social Security, and they know that if they get angry, and pissy with anybody they trust, they can get a letter sent to ICE and their family ripped apart, or sent to a country they don't remember.

IMO getting rid of illegals does very little for my country and will cause great harm if it is done stupidily.  Unfortunately My president is a very, very stupid man.

The illegals I have met didn't carry plagues or pandemics, or commit murder or rape, or deal drugs to school children, in any higher rates than our native born Americans.

...or American homosexual cannibal serial killers, native born Islamic terrorists, and native born mail bombing Earth-Firsters. 

I believe illegals are a great scapegoat to avoid the real problem.  An easily exploited social safety net.

Getting rid of the illegals leaves a nation of fatter and older people...again this is just my opinion.

I always knew you would out yourself eventually and with this post you have accomplished the feat with great clarity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

Still waiting for Trump to follow up his words with action...

Tick, tick, tick...crickets...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm still waiting for some evidence of great medical care for Illegals...I can't say I've kept up on the latest Trumpbart articles, NumbersUSA press releases, and St*rmfront posts, but I haven't seen the story of the illegal sent to the Mayo clinic for observation, or some such, please provide a link for that awesome healthcare (better than LEGAL care) link.  Thanx in advance.
http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/research-pub/USCostStudy_2013upd.pdf

Also, there is a large cost associated with illegals in our community due to the excess risks they place on us for the spread of diseases they have not been innoculated for.  This causes a burden onto the rest of Americans directly due to presence of illegals.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/research-pub/USCostStudy_2013upd.pdf

Also, there is a large cost associated with illegals in our community due to the excess risks they place on us for the spread of diseases they have not been innoculated for.  This causes a burden onto the rest of Americans directly due to presence of illegals.

Yeah, I was referring to the societal cost also.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You show a lot of compassion and much of what you say is true but the whole point is that illegals are committing a crime and it is evident by how you referred to them throughout your comment.

We can't be a nation without borders or we're not a nation at all.  These illegals that you defend have already committed a crime and should attempt to get citizenship or leave.

And, by the way, what have you got against old, fat people?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

I always knew you would out yourself eventually and with this post you have accomplished the feat with great clarity!
Arrrggghhh!!! You got me Bigun.  After 8 years and 7,000 posts I thought I was foolin' you, but you saw right through me didn't you?  And now I stand before the whole world stripped of my shameful facade.  How in the world did I think I would get away with it?  I guess all I can do now is beg forgiveness for trying to mislead you all, even though I don't deserve forgiving, and I am probably not remorseful in the slightest.  I curse myself for having crossed your path, and stupidly falling into your trap.

I have to ask...you say you "always knew" but did you really suspect I was one of Them in July of 2009?  That kind of persistence is amazing and sorely lacking from today's youth.  Eight years of bidding your time, waiting for that one moment I would slip up and you could pounce and strike your blow for Truth!!!

I guess if I had to be outed I couldn't have picked a more worth adversary.  Touché, Sir.  888high58888