Author Topic: China just took the lead in the quantum space race  (Read 1058 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
China just took the lead in the quantum space race
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:41:16 pm »
Ansible here we come.

On Thursday, a team of Chinese scientists released findings from a breakthrough study that makes China the indisputable leader in the field of quantum communication, an achievement that could be of immense strategic importance.

The study, led by Pan Jianwei and published in Science magazine, successfully demonstrated the ability to distribute entangled photons across unprecedented distances, from space to earth, opening the door for the practical application of cutting-edge, ultra-secure communication.....

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-just-took-lead-quantum-space-race/

Offline Suppressed

Re: China just took the lead in the quantum space race
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:59:10 am »
This definitely is the future.  I hope we can get the usable quantum key tech first.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:44:33 am »
Quantum Computer Tech Support.

Your computer is both fixed and not fixed at the same time.

Geek Squad fixes your computer just by observing it, but by observing it, they may also break it, or break it in another dimension.

But Geek Squad doesn't need to come to your computer to observe it. They simply have to observe an extra Q key that was made at the same time as your computer, and that's the same as observing your computer.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:59:41 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 04:14:06 am »
Quantum Computer Tech Support.

Your computer is both fixed and not fixed at the same time.

Geek Squad fixes your computer just by observing it, but by observing it, they may also break it, or break it in another dimension.

But Geek Squad doesn't need to come to your computer to observe it. They simply have to observe an extra Q key that was made at the same time as your computer, and that's the same as observing your computer.

:bigsilly: