Author Topic: Election Meddling Is Surprisingly Common  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Election Meddling Is Surprisingly Common
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »
From personal experience.
Working at the polling place in our town.   When we opened the machine first thing in the morning there were already votes in the machine.     WE REMOVED those votes and set the count to ZERO.
Next personal experience.    The counting of the votes MUST be open and not behind closed doors.  As a credentialed representative of the state's newspaper I was denied admission to the room where the votes were being counted.  The workers locked the doors and counted the votes in secret.
Anyone believe these are isolated instances are living in denial.
In another case the machine switched the votes from one candidate to another.  The machine had to be shut down until someone from the country could adjust the machine.

I was informed right here that Russian propagandizing during our primaries was A-OK. Of course the same lying trash will now declare that it never happened.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:29:33 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »
I was informed right here that Russian propagandizing during our primaries was A-OK. Of course the same lying trash will now declare that it never happened.

Who cares, Vlad Putin the savior of Christianity is our friend..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »

I was informed yesterday that the claim was "laughable."  *****rollingeyes*****
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »
There were pictures on the front page of the NY Post years ago.  People were being bussed from nursing homes to election venues all across the city of Manhattan.  Voting every time without a word of complaint from the workers.   Each time someone went into the voting booth they had a voter 'helper;.    This goes on in far more places than most realize.

To say nothing of the 110% turnout in Philadelphia.   If we concede corruption in certain areas then we concede our vote to the opponent everywhere.   

Get involved, go to town meetings, get involved in the election process in your community.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:10:20 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »

Who cares, Vlad Putin the savior of Christianity is our friend..

I see the newest alt right hero of the Trumpers (Jack Posobiec) who was involved in acting like a leftists at the Shakespeare play was on twitter yesterday declaring Russian supremacy. He was bragging that Russia would never allow such a play to insult a great leader like that.

Suck it up buttercups Lèse-majesté is still my middle name

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 05:14:51 pm »
If I could interrupt the Trump bashing for a moment, I'd like to remind people that two Democrat administrations have unabashedly meddled in international elections.  Both Presidents Clinton and Obama wanted PM Netanyahu to lose so each could usher in his vision of peace in the Middle East.

Clinton was successful in 1999 (thanks in large part to James Carville) and Obama failed by the skin of his teeth in 2015.  Just something to remember---for the hypocrisy factor.

And let's not forget they used taxpayer dollars to do so.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 07:42:52 pm »
So now the <> in this forum are going to try and push Russia's election meddling down our throats.

Nope.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:07:33 am by MOD3 »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 07:44:42 pm »
So now the <> in this forum are going to try and push Russia's election meddling down our throats.

But you have to remember that Vlad Putin is the savior of Christianity.. So who cares.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:07:57 am by MOD3 »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:51 am »
BS. For over a decade, Trump, as host of The Apprentice, was PART of that same New York media. He relied on that same New York media feeding false news during the primaries to undercut any opposition to him. Anyone who didn't go along with it, well, look what's happened to Megyn Kelly. Career destroyed.
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 01:09:32 am »
Yep!

Trump has been in bed with the media for a lot more than a decade.

Trump was a willing participant in tabloid TV like Current Affairs in the 80s, mostly for sleazy crap like bragging about his wife finding out she was getting a divorce from the papers

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 01:29:33 am »
Trump has been in bed with the media for a lot more than a decade.

Trump was a willing participant in tabloid TV like Current Affairs in the 80s, mostly for sleazy crap like bragging about his wife finding out she was getting a divorce from the papers
A notable relationship: National Enquirer (especially if you recall the timing of certain articles).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 01:47:05 am »
A notable relationship: (especially if you recall the timing of certain articles).

I certainly remember... GrandPapa is a commie assassination conspiring Cuban and Ted has lots of mysterious lovers. Zero evidence, no problem.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:48:29 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 02:04:45 am »
I certainly remember... GrandPapa is a commie assassination conspiring Cuban and Ted has lots of mysterious lovers. Zero evidence, no problem.
Retractions come out after the polls close...and not before.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »
BS. For over a decade, Trump, as host of The Apprentice, was PART of that same New York media.

Yes,  he was their "buddy"  until he decided to seek office as a Republican.   Then he became their enemy. 

And your point is? 

He relied on that same New York media feeding false news during the primaries to undercut any opposition to him. Anyone who didn't go along with it, well, look what's happened to Megyn Kelly. Career destroyed.

Yes he did.  The media deliberately helped him win the primary because they believed he would be easy to beat.    They helped him falsely accuse Ted Cruz when it came down to a race between those two,  and they made sure his false accusations got plenty of air play.   

Again,  what is your point?   He's our quarterback now,  so he is presumably the only player on the field that has a chance to advance our agenda.    At this point,  I think trying to advance our agenda is the thing upon which we should focus.   

That,  and the fact we need to destroy the propaganda system ran out of New York that meddles in our elections. 

And I have just this morning thought of what might be a good idea to move us in that direction. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 02:16:32 pm »
BS. For over a decade, Trump, as host of The Apprentice, was PART of that same New York media. He relied on that same New York media feeding false news during the primaries to undercut any opposition to him. Anyone who didn't go along with it, well, look what's happened to Megyn Kelly. Career destroyed.

@jmyrlefuller
Trump didn't destroy Megyn's career.  If anything he unintentiaonally helped her career.  She is the one who abandoned a strong program at Fox and went to MSNBC only to fall flat on her face.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 03:00:20 pm »

Nope.

It helps if you pay attention, but that's up to you.

-------

Many people believe we have free and fair elections.  They also believe the U.S. is a free market system.  There are reasons that they believe these things, but we'll set that aside for the moment.

The important point is that educating the ignorant is a good thing and the great unwashed are showing signs they're starting to see the big picture more clearly.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 03:29:29 pm »
Now we have the resurrection of Teddy, the swimmer, Kennedy conspiring with the Soviet's against Reagan.
An acknowledgement that DT is guilty of the same corruption but it's okay because the Swimmer tried it in the past.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 04:46:21 pm »
Now we have the resurrection of Teddy, the swimmer, Kennedy conspiring with the Soviet's against Reagan.
An acknowledgement that DT is guilty of the same corruption but it's okay because the Swimmer tried it in the past.

Sure looks that way.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the strategy of..."The democrats were horrible so we're going to do what they did".

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 05:09:18 pm »
The dems got away with everything and anything so we should be given a pass for doing the same deeds.

That story wouldn't get a pass in our home. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »
The dems got away with everything and anything so we should be given a pass for doing the same deeds.

That story wouldn't get a pass in our home.
Nor mine. Not only do two wrongs not make a right, but the second pass just establishes precedent and the modus operandi for the future.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 07:01:30 pm »
Sure looks that way.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the strategy of..."The democrats were horrible so we're going to do what they did".

Your premise is crap.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 07:23:07 pm »

Again,  what is your point?   He's our quarterback now,  so he is presumably the only player on the field that has a chance to advance our agenda.    At this point,  I think trying to advance our agenda is the thing upon which we should focus.   

That,  and the fact we need to destroy the propaganda system ran out of New York that meddles in our elections. 

Here, there appears to be no interest in reducing taxes. Or reducing regulations. Or reducing illegal immigration. Or repealing/replacing Obamacare.

Only interest in 24/7 anti-Trump.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 08:15:22 pm »
Here, there appears to be no interest in reducing taxes. Or reducing regulations. Or reducing illegal immigration. Or repealing/replacing Obamacare.

Only interest in 24/7 anti-Trump.
As soon as it happens, bravo. We're still burning corn in our gas tanks, more than ever. Congress failed to get rid of the Methane Rule, thankfully, that has been stymied. DAPL is complete and operational but another Obama Judge has ruled the EIS has to be done over again again. I'm all for reducing illegal immigration. Make it so. Wall, and all that. I'm all for repealing Obamacare. I think your premise is crap.

Taxes? Hell, I could live five years comfortably off what I paid during the past seven years in taxes. I'm all for reducing those, too.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »
Agreed. And I think I heard previously anti-Trump Mark Levin, scolding other Republicans for not speaking up.

The drama unfolding appears to be the GOP stands by quietly, leaving it entirely for Trump to defend himself.

You know, the GOP "establishment" which is part of the Swamp Trump stated he wanted to drain?

Yeah, ain't that a pip.

And no matter What Trump gets accomplished that we Agree is a good thing, it's "EXCEPT that, Trump's a Sleazeball", etc.

I spent the last 8 years jumping down my own throat at that God Awful wretch whose party apparatchiks stole the last 2 elections for him.

I refuse to spend This 4 years screaming and tearing my hair out because DJT isn't the perfect, Walk on Water President.

BUT, BUT, BUT, He was Part of that spin machine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-reagan-wit/

Sam Donaldson: "Mr. President, in talking about the continuing recession tonight, you have blamed mistakes in the past. You have blamed the Congress. Does any of the blame belong to you?"
Ronald Reagan: "Yes, because for many years I was a Democrat!"

Never Trumpers are welcome to their opinions, banal as they are,

But,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAqxWa9Rbe0
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2017, 12:45:55 am »

Yeah, ain't that a pip.

And no matter What Trump gets accomplished that we Agree is a good thing, it's "EXCEPT that, Trump's a Sleazeball", etc.

I spent the last 8 years jumping down my own throat at that God Awful wretch whose party apparatchiks stole the last 2 elections for him.

I refuse to spend This 4 years screaming and tearing my hair out because DJT isn't the perfect, Walk on Water President.

BUT, BUT, BUT, He was Part of that spin machine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-reagan-wit/

Sam Donaldson: "Mr. President, in talking about the continuing recession tonight, you have blamed mistakes in the past. You have blamed the Congress. Does any of the blame belong to you?"
Ronald Reagan: "Yes, because for many years I was a Democrat!"

Never Trumpers are welcome to their opinions, banal as they are,

But,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAqxWa9Rbe0
Well, now. If no one gives a damn, then the topic should be done. Gone. Off the flipping table. But some folks keep poking the nest, hoping for a couple more hornets. Now why is that, exactly?

C S Lewis