Author Topic: Scalise Update  (Read 1111 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

Re: Scalise Update
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:11:31 am »
Sounds hopeful.  I pray for his full recovery
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:11:49 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:15:44 am »
Wow.  That one bullet did a hell of a lot of damage. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:37:34 am »
So glad he is improving- prayers continue.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 01:58:02 am »
Hang in there, buddy.

Glad that his family asked the hospital to provide updates.  I prefer named sources for my news.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:23:15 am »

:0001:

Condition Update on Congressman Steve Scalise

June 15, 2017, 8:10 pm

Earlier today, Congressman Steve Scalise underwent a second surgery related to his internal injuries and a broken bone in his leg. He remains in critical condition, but has improved in the last 24 hours.  The Congressman will require additional operations, and will be in the hospital for some time. At the request of the family, we will continue to provide periodic updates.

June 14, 2017, 8:15 pm

Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet traveled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center.  He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding.  He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations.  We will provide periodic updates.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q=%7B%7D

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 02:42:50 am »
Truthfully, when I first heard that he was shot in the hip...I thought that was GumpTalk for shot in the butt...ocks.

It sounds like he is hurt badly. He and his family are in my prayers.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 02:46:29 am »
How about the fellow shot in the chest, Matt Mika ( not sure if I have the name right)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 11:55:54 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 11:59:46 am »
How about the fellow shot in the chest, Matt Mika ( not sure if I have the name right)?
I have been wondering about him also.  He is a private citizen so maybe his family is controlling the release of information.  Still his injuries sounded very serious and I have been concerned.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 12:06:04 pm »
I have been wondering about him also.  He is a private citizen so maybe his family is controlling the release of information.  Still his injuries sounded very serious and I have been concerned.

I heard yesterday that he will have to have several more surgeries....that's all I know..
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »
Mika's condition improved from critical to serious, according to Washington Examiner.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 09:33:37 pm »
Scalise remains in critical condition, doctors 'encouraged'

...."House Majority Whip Steve Scalise remains in critical condition after Wednesday's shooting attack but doctors are encouraged by his improvement over the last 36 hours, the director of trauma at MedStar Washington Hospital Center told reporters on Friday. ....

.....“The congressman’s status remains critical. We are encouraged by the improvement of his condition in the last 36 hours,” Sava said, adding Scalise will require more operations “to manage abdominal injuries and other bone injuries.”

Scalise was injured along with four others in the shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va. Sava said that when Scalise arrived at MedStar, he was in “shock” and had an “imminent risk of death.”

“I think that his risk of death is substantially lower than when he came in—when you think of the word critical, he was as critical as you can be when he came in,” Sava said..........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/16/scalise-remains-in-critical-condition-doctors-encouraged.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 09:52:52 pm »
Glad to hear some positive news on his overall condition.   Thanks for posting!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 09:55:07 pm »
I am encouraged that the doctors are encouraged. Praying for Scalise's recovery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 09:58:36 pm »
I continue to pray for Scalise and pray somehow this will be a turning point towards our country healing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 12:20:44 am »
Oh, I thought that they had said he was brought from critical to serious yesterday.   Praying for him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 12:29:28 am »
Two threads on same subject have been merged.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 12:54:19 am »

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 12:56:50 am »
Thanks for posting that press conference vid.

Welcome @rodamala .... Until I heard this presser I had no idea how close to death Scalise was.

Prayers continue   :0001:

Offline rodamala

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 01:09:38 am »
Welcome @rodamala .... Until I heard this presser I had no idea how close to death Scalise was.

Prayers continue   :0001:

It's just nice to get the same facts that the press gets previous to how they decide how they are going to report it with their own special twist.  Ya, know?