Author Topic: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil  (Read 9364 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
@GourmetDan
You're argument might be taken more seriously if you didn't try to discount every single event thats happened in the history of the world.

And yet you claiming that I "try to discount every single event thats happened in the history of the world" should be taken seriously?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »
And yet you claiming that I "try to discount every single event thats happened in the history of the world" should be taken seriously?

Round and round you go, where he'll stop nobody knows.    At the very least @Jazzhead believes in something even if I think he's misguided.   The only thing I can tell you believe is that the media is evil and uses propaganda therefor everything must be a lie.  Therefor dead people aren't really dead or perhaps they were never real people to start with.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2017, 05:03:15 pm »
I was referring to the big newspaper headline designed to cause a lot of concern/hysteria as you noted...

Photo of "concerned and hysterical" *American fighting men, preparing nets and bouys to safeguard the harbor entrances.

* Men, not to be confused with pencil neck geek keyboard war experts, with deferment due to very bad judgment.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2017, 05:04:07 pm »
Round and round you go, where he'll stop nobody knows.    At the very least @Jazzhead believes in something even if I think he's misguided.   The only thing I can tell you believe is that the media is evil and uses propaganda therefor everything must be a lie.  Therefor dead people aren't really dead or perhaps they were never real people to start with.

Now you feel enlightened enough to opine on 'the only thing you can tell I believe therefore everything must be a lie therefore dead people aren't really dead or perhaps weren't real people to start with'...

You're the one going round and round and where you'll stop nobody knows...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »
To haul this roughly back on topic:

Coroner grants request from Otto Warmbier's family NOT to perform autopsy on the student who died after being held captive in North Korea for 17 month - as US government calls for three more Americans to be freed

The Hamilton County Coroner's Office in Ohio announced the decision Tuesday
    Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said Warmbier's family made the request that an autopsy would not be carried out after an external examination was completed on Otto
    Earlier in the day, the State Department stepped up pressure on Pyongyang, calling for the immediate release of three Americans being held in North Korea

By Liam Quinn For Dailymail.com

An autopsy will not be performed on Otto Warmbier's body, after a coroner granted his family's request not to do so.

The Hamilton County Coroner's Office released a statement Tuesday after conferring with doctors at the Cincinnati hospital where the 22-year-old student died just days after he was returned from North Korea.

Warmbier had been held captive in the country for 17 months.

Coroner Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said in the statement the student's family stated it did not want an autopsy to be completed after an external examination.

US student Otto Warmbier (left) died on Monday at age 22, just days after his release from North Korea in a vegetative state (right) following 17 months in custody. A coroner granted his family's request on Tuesday not to conduct an autopsy

'Our deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Mr Warmbier at this time of their tragic loss,' Sammarco said in the statement.

'No conclusions about the cause and manner of Mr Warmbier's death have been drawn at this time as there are additional medical records and imaging to review and people to interview.' 

There was no immediate word from the family about why relatives opted not to perform an autopsy, which may have shed more light on the cause of the neurological injuries Warmbier suffered in North Korea.

The news was announced as the US ramped up pressure on Pyongyang to release three other Americans being held in the country.

'We want to see three other Americans who were unjustly detained brought home as soon as possible,' State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Tuesday.

Warmbier's death came just days after he was released by the North Korean government and returned home while suffering from extensive brain damage, according to the American doctors who treated him.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4623418/Coroner-not-perform-autopsy-Otto-Warmbier.html

Before the Reynolds Wrap shareholder jumps on it - the Warmbier's are Jewish.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:22:24 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2017, 05:25:50 pm »
Now you feel enlightened enough to opine on 'the only thing you can tell I believe therefore everything must be a lie therefore dead people aren't really dead or perhaps weren't real people to start with'...

You're the one going round and round and where you'll stop nobody knows...
:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »
To haul this roughly back on topic:

Coroner grants request from Otto Warmbier's family NOT to perform autopsy on the student who died after being held captive in North Korea for 17 month - as US government calls for three more Americans to be freed

The Hamilton County Coroner's Office in Ohio announced the decision Tuesday
    Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said Warmbier's family made the request that an autopsy would not be carried out after an external examination was completed on Otto
    Earlier in the day, the State Department stepped up pressure on Pyongyang, calling for the immediate release of three Americans being held in North Korea

By Liam Quinn For Dailymail.com

An autopsy will not be performed on Otto Warmbier's body, after a coroner granted his family's request not to do so.

The Hamilton County Coroner's Office released a statement Tuesday after conferring with doctors at the Cincinnati hospital where the 22-year-old student died just days after he was returned from North Korea.

Warmbier had been held captive in the country for 17 months.

Coroner Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said in the statement the student's family stated it did not want an autopsy to be completed after an external examination.

US student Otto Warmbier (left) died on Monday at age 22, just days after his release from North Korea in a vegetative state (right) following 17 months in custody. A coroner granted his family's request on Tuesday not to conduct an autopsy

'Our deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Mr Warmbier at this time of their tragic loss,' Sammarco said in the statement.

'No conclusions about the cause and manner of Mr Warmbier's death have been drawn at this time as there are additional medical records and imaging to review and people to interview.' 

There was no immediate word from the family about why relatives opted not to perform an autopsy, which may have shed more light on the cause of the neurological injuries Warmbier suffered in North Korea.

The news was announced as the US ramped up pressure on Pyongyang to release three other Americans being held in the country.

'We want to see three other Americans who were unjustly detained brought home as soon as possible,' State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Tuesday.

Warmbier's death came just days after he was released by the North Korean government and returned home while suffering from extensive brain damage, according to the American doctors who treated him.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4623418/Coroner-not-perform-autopsy-Otto-Warmbier.html

Before the Reynolds Wrap shareholder jumps on it - the Warmbier's are Jewish.

Glad the family can be spared some pain.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2017, 05:45:53 pm »
The autopsy would not help get the other 3 out of this insane asylum.

The parents probably know the body, in a "vegetative state," was actually dead or nearly so, weeks or months ago.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »
Their call. The emotional rollercoaster they've been on can't be easy on them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2017, 06:06:43 pm »
Their call. The emotional rollercoaster they've been on can't be easy on them.

And if they are Jewish then they wouldn't do autopsies. They freak me out and I was so relieved I can't have one even if I'm a lapsed Jew.

I know there are exceptions. Einstein comes to mind.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:08:47 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️