Author Topic: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil  (Read 9406 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2017, 01:21:34 pm »
That the Norks injured him to the point that recovery was not possible.  What did you think it said?

That he was alive until he got here... we killed him and are blaming the NKs for his death...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2017, 01:25:42 pm »
I don't think a body can survive on life support when you are dead...

You're conflating brain death with complete death.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:10 pm »
I believe that's why they're called "extraordinary measures."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »

Many people have to make the decision to stop external life support after brain death for family members in the hospital.  It has been happening for decades.  My grandfather many years ago was in this condition.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2017, 01:48:20 pm »
You're conflating brain death with complete death.

Actually... I think you're the one doing that...

"List of Brain Dead Patients Who've Recovered"

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:50:28 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »
:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2017, 01:57:17 pm »
:2popcorn:

No, I just don't have the heart for it.  Or, the time or patience.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »
Many people have to make the decision to stop external life support after brain death for family members in the hospital.  It has been happening for decades.  My grandfather many years ago was in this condition.

Yup. A body can "survive" for years on life support after total brain death. All its doing is forcing air into the lungs, using electrical impulses to produce a heartbeat, and intravenously introducing nourishment.

For that matter you could keep a headless body "alive" like that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »

@GourmetDan

There area  myriad of cases where people are brain dead but their body is kept on life support for years.

You seem to be ignoring that whatever happened to him, happened in NK.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »

Indeed

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 02:09:04 pm »
@GourmetDan

There area  myriad of cases where people are brain dead but their body is kept on life support for years.

You seem to be ignoring that whatever happened to him, happened in NK.

I gave you a link for people who have been declared 'brain dead' but weren't...

Offline corbe

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2017, 02:10:53 pm »
   Didn't read the Thread, Not sure if this has been posted or not.

Group Behind Otto Warmbier’s North Korea Trip Won’t Bring More Americans

by Associated Press

BEIJING — The organizers of a trip to North Korea by an American college student who died after being released from prison in a coma say they will no longer take U.S. citizens to the country.

Young Pioneer Tours said Tuesday on its Facebook page that the death of 22-year-old Otto Warmbier shows that the risk American tourists face in visiting North Korea "has become too high."

<..snip..>

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/group-behind-otto-warmbier-s-north-korea-trip-won-t-n774486
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2017, 02:14:02 pm »

by Associated Press

BEIJING — The organizers of a trip to North Korea by an American college student who died after being released from prison in a coma say they will no longer take U.S. citizens to the country.

Young Pioneer Tours said Tuesday on its Facebook page that the death of 22-year-old Otto Warmbier shows that the risk American tourists face in visiting North Korea "has become too high."

<..snip..>

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/group-behind-otto-warmbier-s-north-korea-trip-won-t-n774486

And, of course that's why they arrested him, poster notwithstanding.  He was an American.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2017, 02:15:52 pm »

by Associated Press

<..snip..>

I think they were bringing Americans to provide the NKs with pawns to use.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »
The worst part of this to me...is the fact our own President told his family not to make noise about the fact he was a captive over there.

What kind of cowardly BS is that?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2017, 05:15:25 pm »

Good call.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »
That he was alive until he got here... we killed him and are blaming the NKs for his death...

Seriously?

I know I'm going to regret asking this ...but why prey tell would we want to even think of doing something like that?

What's the benefit or endgame for the U.S. in killing someone we worked to get back from a Communist régime?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2017, 05:48:30 pm »
Seriously?

I know I'm going to regret asking this ...but why prey tell would we want to even think of doing something like that?

What's the benefit or endgame for the U.S. in killing someone we worked to get back from a Communist régime?

Easy... to prepare the public for more war by continuing to demonize the NKs... you're ready to attack NK, aren't you?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2017, 05:55:14 pm »
Easy... to prepare the public for more war by continuing to demonize the NKs... you're ready to attack NK, aren't you?

The Norks do a great job of demonizing themselves with their brutal communist regime they've imposed on their people for over 60 years.

I'm a soldier.  I pray for peace and prepare for war.

And all we've done by coddling North Korea and removing troops from the Peninsula and standing down on the DMZ is invite them into a war that we can't win at this moment.

Is that something you want?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2017, 05:57:40 pm »
Is that something you want?

I want the globalists to stop driving nations into wars... do you think I will get it?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2017, 05:58:49 pm »

@GourmetDan
Whose payroll are you on?   Just wondering because that is the only reason you'd be making this argument.

The atrocities committed by Kim and his father are very well documented.   They've killed hundreds of thousands of their own citizens.  Frequently using the most horrendous means to do it.   Everything from using them as subjects for WMD experimentation, slave labor in mines, raping the women to death, running them over with a steam roller, feeding them to pigs, feeding them to cows, mortars, anti-aircraft weapons, poison, and on and on.   If someone is accused of being disloyal they send/kill three generations of the family to the camps.  They let children starve in the streets while Kim enjoys the finest lifestyle.

In what alternate reality is there ANY need to invent further material to demonize the NKs?    What kind of drugs is it required to make that sound reasonable?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2017, 05:59:36 pm »
I want the globalists to stop driving nations into wars... do you think I will get it?

@GourmetDan

The globalists profit from war.  Its the chaos which is furthering their cause.  That and the use of internet trolls.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 05:59:51 pm »

I think you'll get a thank you note from the Reynolds Aluminum company...but that's about it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:00:14 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »
@GourmetDan
Whose payroll are you on?   Just wondering because that is the only reason you'd be making this argument.

The atrocities committed by Kim and his father are very well documented.   They've killed hundreds of thousands of their own citizens.  Frequently using the most horrendous means to do it.   Everything from using them as subjects for WMD experimentation, slave labor in mines, raping the women to death, running them over with a steam roller, feeding them to pigs, feeding them to cows, mortars, anti-aircraft weapons, poison, and on and on.   If someone is accused of being disloyal they send/kill three generations of the family to the camps.  They let children starve in the streets while Kim enjoys the finest lifestyle.

In what alternate reality is there ANY need to invent further material to demonize the NKs?    What kind of drugs is it required to make that sound reasonable?

Pfffft...who can be bothered with facts when we can fantasize about the eeevil cabal of Globalists...whatever that means...who are really causing all the wars.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2017, 06:09:08 pm »
Pfffft...who can be bothered with facts when we can fantasize about the eeevil cabal of Globalists...whatever that means...who are really causing all the wars.

Its mind numbingly stupid to think our government engineered his release and then killed him as an excuse to start a war.   Good grief the guy has nukes and has promised to use them as soon as his rockets are ready.   What more reason would we need?