Author Topic: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil  (Read 9480 times)

Offline anubias

Re: Otto Warmbier: American student freed by North Korea back on US soil
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:58 pm »
 :threadjack:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2017, 07:22:10 pm »
silly is as silly does

You're doing a noble job, @driftdiver , but facts and logic don't work against silly.... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »
Actually, the Japanese had been trying to surrender under the same terms we eventually accepted... but only after we nuked a couple of their cities...

You should post a few credible sources, for that particular claim. You post, we decide.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »
You should post a few credible sources, for that particular claim. You post, we decide.

Still no sources.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:43 pm »
Still no sources.

You must be patient. The talking dog he gets his information from has laryngitis today.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2017, 09:32:32 pm »
Still no sources.

I remember repeatedly asking him for sources years ago when he claimed that the globalists made the British lose the Revolutionary War because they wanted America to win.

Never got one.

I've wondered since that day what globalist power forced Cornwallis to surrender at Yorktown.

And he's never forgiven me since that day either.   :shrug:

The man knows how to keep a grudge going for a veeeerrrry long time.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:41 pm »
I remember repeatedly asking him for sources years ago when he claimed that the globalists made the British lose the Revolutionary War because they wanted America to win.

Never got one.

I've wondered since that day what globalist power forced Cornwallis to surrender at Yorktown.

Wonder if he ever opened up a history book or even watch a historical documentary...  Oh never mind, what was I thinking, they were all written by globalist.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline anubias

« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »

Never got one.

That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a veeeerrrry long time! 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:14 pm »
Wonder if he ever opened up a history book or even watch a historical documentary...  Oh never mind, what was I thinking, they were all written by globalist.

The very point, Navy!  Everyone is wrong but him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2017, 09:54:34 pm »
That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a veeeerrrry long time!

What's scary is that every word's the truth! 

(I STILL want the source for that info!   :laugh:)

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
You always have to look at media as propaganda... because that's what it is... always has been...

"One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty_four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

- John Swinton (1829-1901) | managing editor, New York Times | 1880
 Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2017, 10:25:07 pm »
You always have to look at media as propaganda... because that's what it is... always has been...

"One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty_four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979

Everything's a conspiracy egg.  So give us some proof or are you just posting propaganda.  You probably work for that rag nyt.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2017, 11:11:52 pm »

Still no sources for why we shouldn't have nuked Japan.

My father almost lost 1/2  of his hand on Okinawa. After serving in WWI combat in France, my grandfather registered for the WWII draft at age 46.

Your conspiracy BS is BS.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2017, 11:38:45 pm »
Still no sources for why we shouldn't have nuked Japan.

My father almost lost 1/2  of his hand on Okinawa. After serving in WWI combat in France, my grandfather registered for the WWII draft at age 46.

Your conspiracy BS is BS.

My dad's ship the Mississippi was hit by kamikaze's off Okinawa, killing his good friend. They were not close to throwing in the towell, and next stop after repairs in Bremerton was to support landings on Japan proper. For a page or so this tin-foil hat stuff was funny reading. I'm not laughing any more.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:52:58 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:41 pm »

It appears that the only thing we have proved is that no proof is sufficient proof for those who demand proof...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2017, 11:56:56 pm »
It appears that the only thing we have proved is that no proof is sufficient proof for those who demand proof...

No, I think you have proved that you have no proof. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2017, 12:02:26 am »

No, I think that proves what I said...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2017, 12:06:10 am »

He never does.

But rest assured the games will continue....  *****rollingeyes*****

Online corbe

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2017, 12:07:36 am »
    I can't speak for all Briefers, of course, but IMHO @GourmetDan many of us have wondered for awhile what @jazzhead would seem like if he stumbled across a Vat of boiling Aluminum.   Thanks for clearing that up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2017, 12:12:53 am »

Glad you have one less thing to wonder about...

Online corbe

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:32 am »
   With all Due Respect @GourmetDan I love all the voices here, yours and @Jazzhead included, it's what makes Myst's Forum so Dynamic, Refreshing and Interesting.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2017, 12:51:07 am »
   With all Due Respect @GourmetDan I love all the voices here, yours and @Jazzhead included, it's what makes Myst's Forum so Dynamic, Refreshing and Interesting.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't... I truly was happy that I was able to clear that up and that you had one less thing to wonder about...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:42:48 am by GourmetDan »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »
My dad's ship the Mississippi was hit by kamikaze's off Okinawa, killing his good friend. They were not close to throwing in the towell, and next stop after repairs in Bremerton was to support landings on Japan proper. For a page or so this tin-foil hat stuff was funny reading. I'm not laughing any more.

Most people have no idea, how serious WWII was for America. Like 16 million people in uniform. Like food, rubber, gasoline rationing, blackouts and curfews, because there was justifiable fear of attacks along the Pacific coast by the Japs.

The Japs shelled onshore oil facilities at Ellwood in Santa Barbara County, somewhere along the Oregon coast. There were huge nets to protect West coast harbors from invasion by Jap submarines sneaking in.

There was little sympathy for those who were interned, and no sympathy for those killed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, since it seemed they would go on until millions more were killed; mostly their own civilians.

They treatment by Japan, of civilian Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Okinawans, etc. proved beyond any doubt they were among the most evil enemies the world had known.

The Japs showed no sign they were about to surrender, on Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Instead they fought to the last man. That very fact cost many, many lives.

Okinawa had the most loss of American lives, of any Pacific theater battle. The greatest loss of lives, was at sea, from cowardly kamikaze attacks on allied Navy ships.

The original fanatical terrorists, the Japs. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2017, 03:35:52 pm »
Most people have no idea, how serious WWII was for America. Like 16 million people in uniform. Like food, rubber, gasoline rationing, blackouts and curfews, because there was justifiable fear of attacks along the Pacific coast by the Japs.

The Japs shelled onshore oil facilities at Ellwood in Santa Barbara County, somewhere along the Oregon coast. There were huge nets to protect West coast harbors from invasion by Jap submarines sneaking in....

Many don't even know that Japan invaded America.  If they had not been stopped after a couple of Aleutian Islands, the foot hold would have grown up the chain to the mainland.

http://www.kuriositas.com/2012/11/the-forgotten-battle-japanese-invasion.html

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/battle-of-the-aleutian-islands
Life is fragile, handle with prayer