Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41225 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #950 on: June 18, 2017, 04:02:05 am »
@Smokin Joe
We do know police have been targeted, we know now that Congressmen aren't off the dance card, unless they are Democrats, and that may get worse.

I can see a scenario where they are all on the dance card. There are fanatics on both sides.
True enough.

If the rules come off, I will defend me and mine, whatever that takes, but learned long ago to not go looking for trouble unless I knew it was coming for me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #951 on: June 18, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »
For the safety of the police officers who came to the aid of the players it would be best NOT to identify them to the public.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #952 on: June 18, 2017, 02:17:45 pm »
Scalise condition upgraded from critical to serious.......... he's making improvements....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/17/scalise-shooting-gop-congressman-upgraded-from-critical-to-serious-condition.html
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #953 on: June 18, 2017, 02:33:48 pm »
Care to give an example? Look, I don't see any signigicant number of posters doing that here on this forum. And sometimes people post things when they are highly upset that they wouldn't if they were their best selves. Our posters are real people with real lives. Many of the worst comments from posters of all stripes prolly come from that being fallible human beings subject to bad moods. Condemnining posters for a few off-the-rails posts out of many is (forgive me) ludicrous.

@LateForLunch

Aside from the normal, everyday posting-in-a-mood, there are some conscious and deliberate attempts to do just that.  The other day, in response to an accusation, I explained why the poster was wrong.  That explanation was ignored out of hand and the accusations continued.

That's what happens when people are deeply invested in something which doesn't hold water.  When the leaks start coming faster, some will say, what can we do to fix this.  Others will stand in the middle of the rising water, casting around in denial for reasons why those who see the leaks are lying.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

He most likely did know. He was an intelligent man and was friends with intelligent Germans. No doubt one of more of his colleagues heard about it and passed him the word to get the hell out of Dodge,NOW.

That makes sense.   But on the other hand,  I will point out that Szilard saw the potential for a fission reaction decades before anyone else even thought a thing possible.   It is my opinion that Fission is literally the consequence of Szilard pushing for it more so than anyone else. 

He saw that long before anyone else,   so I thought it possible that he could more accurately predict what would happen in Germany and use this information to make his decisions.   

But your idea makes more sense.   

Not all Germans were dedicated Nazi's and Jew-haters. Probably not even 20 percent of them,if you want me to pull a number out of the air.

The one number I am positive is pretty accurate is the number "100 percent" when it is related to the "number of Germans smart enough to stay quite to avoid taking train rides themselves".

Camouflage.    As the Japanese say:   "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down."   

Or as I used to put it,    "When the whole world is crazy,   if you aren't also crazy,   you are crazy.  "   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idiot

« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2017, 05:43:28 pm »
Funny how this story barely made the news this morning.  It will likely be gone by tomorrow.  The Gabby Giffords story lasted for months if not years.  Depends who you are I suppose....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2017, 05:48:24 pm »
Funny how this story barely made the news this morning.  It will likely be gone by tomorrow.  The Gabby Giffords story lasted for months if not years.  Depends who you are I suppose....

Giffords has stretched her 15 minutes of fame into getting a ship named after her.

The left will NEVER let us forget about that one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2017, 07:45:14 pm »
Giffords has stretched her 15 minutes of fame into getting a ship named after her.

The left will NEVER let us forget about that one.
Wow, that's the truth. I won't hold my breath waiting for anything to be named after Rep. Scalise.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2017, 07:54:54 pm »

Nope.  Depends on whether you are a liberal or conservative.  If you are a conservative your life and well being are unimportant except for how it can advance the leftist agenda
God is still in control

Offline musiclady

« Reply #959 on: June 19, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »

The ironic thing about the Giffords' story is that the left just made up that the blame lay on the heads of conservatives.

The guy was a nutcase with absolutely no association with conservatism, but they took their LIE and are still making it a story.

This guy actually WAS motivated by politics (theirs, of course), and he's going to be forgotten............. as will his victims.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #960 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:47 am »
The ironic thing about the Giffords' story is that the left just made up that the blame lay on the heads of conservatives.

The guy was a nutcase with absolutely no association with conservatism, but they took their LIE and are still making it a story.

This guy actually WAS motivated by politics (theirs, of course), and he's going to be forgotten............. as will his victims.
Another victim of that event was a judge, and he barely got any column inches. No matter to the left, they had a new poster person for their anti-gun screeds (James Brady was getting a little old for the role).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #961 on: June 20, 2017, 01:02:22 am »
Another victim of that event was a judge, and he barely got any column inches. No matter to the left, they had a new poster person for their anti-gun screeds (James Brady was getting a little old for the role).

Column inches is a sucking thing, right?

One victim got lots of column inches mercurially.

The other got barely any column inches like a fish out of water sucking air.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #962 on: June 20, 2017, 01:44:45 am »
Column inches is a sucking thing, right?

One victim got lots of column inches mercurially.

The other got barely any column inches like a fish out of water sucking air.
You may be onto something, Fred. An information vacuum does tend to be indicated by a lack of them. When the pressure is on, there are more, and it might be a barometer of what the MSM considers 'important'.

C S Lewis