Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41052 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #925 on: June 17, 2017, 03:43:50 am »
The two capital police officers that put a stop to all of this deserve a medal.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #926 on: June 17, 2017, 04:06:23 am »
This guy was planning to assassinate the most consistent conservative members in Congress.

My question is, was he acting alone, or are there others to finish off the rest of his hit list?

This is extremely, EXTREMELY disturbing.
Precisely. The question is one of if he is the only one, or if there are more.

And to think there are those who blame this on Conservative "neverturmpers".  Bloody jackasses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #927 on: June 17, 2017, 07:22:19 am »
And to think there are those who blame this on Conservative "neverturmpers".  Bloody jackasses.

I wish I thought you were kidding, but after the treatment I've received from "fellow conservatives" who were enraged because I wasn't on the Trump train, it's sadly believable. Their hatred for us is equally as vicious and visceral as the liberals we used to go up against since I first discovered message boards in the early 2000s.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #928 on: June 17, 2017, 12:58:59 pm »
This guy was planning to assassinate the most consistent conservative members in Congress.

My question is, was he acting alone, or are there others to finish off the rest of his hit list?

This is extremely, EXTREMELY disturbing.

@musiclady

I am GUESSING he was acting alone based on the fact that no one else was attacked,and THAT kind of crazy has trouble finding travel companions. Lots of people get frustrated and babble all sorts on nonsense to friends and associates,but when they start saying "load the guns and get in the car" is when one or more of their friends call the cops on them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #929 on: June 17, 2017, 01:03:36 pm »

The people who blame this on conservatives who don't support Trump, are insane.  Their hatred and rage is destroying their minds.

It's a sad thing to watch happen......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #930 on: June 17, 2017, 01:04:19 pm »
The two capital police officers that put a stop to all of this deserve a medal.

@LadyLiberty

And a HELL of a lot more media and public attention than they have received so far.  It takes a serious amount of courage and dedication to duty to stand up and swap fire with a armed attacker shooting a center fire rifle when only armed with handguns.

I am more than a little bit steamed they aren't getting the recognition they so richly deserve.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #931 on: June 17, 2017, 01:05:52 pm »
@musiclady

I am GUESSING he was acting alone based on the fact that no one else was attacked,and THAT kind of crazy has trouble finding travel companions. Lots of people get frustrated and babble all sorts on nonsense to friends and associates,but when they start saying "load the guns and get in the car" is when one or more of their friends call the cops on them.

The problem is that, even if he was acting alone, he's not the only one who has been driven to madness by their political hatred.

There are bound to be others who want to carry out his plans to wipe out the few actual conservatives left in DC.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #932 on: June 17, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »
The problem is that, even if he was acting alone, he's not the only one who has been driven to madness by their political hatred.

There are bound to be others who want to carry out his plans to wipe out the few actual conservatives left in DC.

@musiclady

Then where are they?

People talk a lot of nonsense when they get frustrated,but all they are doing is just blowing off steam. If there were a lot of people serious about doing that,there would be attacks or attempted attacks daily.

Not that I DON'T believe there is a number of leftists that keep talking up the hatred of conservatives in the hope that many someones will take up weapons and make attacks so they have more justification to start screaming about confiscating guns again.  I DO believe that/

Unfortunately for them,our citizenry has ALWAYS been heavily armed,and despite the widespread citizen ownership of weapons,armed attacks on political figures is about as statistically close to zero as you can get.

That doesn't mean the "talkers" shouldn't be taken seriously until they have been ruled out as actual threats,though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:21:06 pm by sneakypete »

Oceander

« Reply #933 on: June 17, 2017, 01:09:42 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #934 on: June 17, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »
@musiclady

Then were are they?

People talk a lot of nonsense when they get frustrated,but all they are doing is just blowing off steam. If there were a lot of people serious about doing that,there would be attacks or attempted attacks daily.

With the number of people "blowing off steam" on political sites and in tweets, how do you know that there aren't more?

Just because we haven't seen them, doesn't mean there aren't more.

And there don't have to be "a lot" to be a threat.   There are a lot of dangerous Muslims, and there aren't even daily attacks by them.

Leftists are close to insanity anyway.  Many of them are being pushed over the edge these days and think that Congressman Scalise "deserved" this simply because of his political views.   I'm not one of the people who thinks a civil war is coming, but the rhetoric from the left (and from the alt-right) has become madness, and I'm not at all comfortable with where we are.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #935 on: June 17, 2017, 01:22:27 pm »
@LadyLiberty

I am more than a little bit steamed they aren't getting the recognition they so richly deserve.

MSM complicity downplaying the entire thing, and reporting it more as another gun violence event.

This doesn't fit their agenda.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #936 on: June 17, 2017, 01:30:15 pm »
@musiclady

Then where are they?

Not that I DON'T believe there is a number of leftists that keep talking up the hatred of conservatives in the hope that many someones will take up weapons and make attacks so they have more justification to start screaming about confiscating guns again.  I DO believe that/

Unfortunately for them,our citizenry has ALWAYS been heavily armed,and despite the widespread citizen ownership of weapons,armed attacks on political figures is about as statistically close to zero as you can get.

That doesn't mean the "talkers" shouldn't be taken seriously until they have been ruled out as actual threats,though.

Where are they?  Look around.  We saw some of them after Clinton lost. We saw some of them whose hatred was fueled by our past president and AG after the shooting of Treyvon Martin. They took to the streets and rioted.  The MSM was in disbelief when Clinton lost and they continue with the hate fest.  Hollywood has voiced their disdain for this President from shows like "The View" to comediennes like Gifford and just recently we have a supposed artist pi**ing on a crucified President Trump.  The hatred is out there on full display. The leftist politicians are on a witch hunt initiated by Clinton herself. All this feeds into the disgruntled leftist mental midget populace.  This hatred has been out there.  It is growing and the reactions are escalating.  Quite honestly, I am one that thinks we are heading towards a civil war...all by design.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #937 on: June 17, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »
MSM complicity downplaying the entire thing, and reporting it more as another gun violence event.

This doesn't fit their agenda.....

I thought stirring up the lefties and then downplaying the violent response was their agenda.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #938 on: June 17, 2017, 01:40:28 pm »
With the number of people "blowing off steam" on political sites and in tweets, how do you know that there aren't more?

Because the attacks are rare and reported when they happen. Not one chance in hell a armed attack on a public figure is going to happen and the leftist anti-gun media is going to ignore it and not report on it.

Just because we haven't seen them, doesn't mean there aren't more.

True. There may be 137 of them hiding under your bed and in your closet as I write this. The good news is even they aren't attacking anyone.

You DO realize how hard it is to prove a negative,right?

Those of us who are conservative should not be so quick to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon by exaggerating perceived dangers when these attacks are so rare they happen maybe once every decade.

And there don't have to be "a lot" to be a threat.   There are a lot of dangerous Muslims, and there aren't even daily attacks by them.

HorseHillary! There ARE attacks made by Muslims every day. They just aren't widely reported because the media is generally pro-immigration and anti-American. Granted,most aren't with firearms,but none the less there are Muslim verbal and physical attacks against non-Muslims every day in this country.

Leftists are close to insanity anyway.  Many of them are being pushed over the edge these days and think that Congressman Scalise "deserved" this simply because of his political views. 

True,but almost all of them are going to wait for the government to attack the government for them. It's a "the nature of the beast" thing.

I'm not one of the people who thinks a civil war is coming,

I am. It IS  going to happen eventually.  Politics demands it. Politicians fire up hatred towards their opponents in order to fire up their voters to go to the polls to vote for them,and this increases the hatred and mistrust because the voters and their extended families. It's the old "divide and conquer" strategy and it's popular because it works.  We have a large segment of today's population that is convinced the country owes them a comfortable,and even luxurious living just because they were born. They have been led to believe this and trained to expect it,and now they are being manipulated to riot and attack (mostly) whites if someone even suggests their "free stuff" is going to be reduced.

Guess what? One day the "free stuff" WILL stop showing up because the system will go broke and there will be no money to provide it. That is the day the system starts to come apart.

but the rhetoric from the left (and from the alt-right) has become madness, and I'm not at all comfortable with where we are.

I'm not,either. I doubt many people are,but this is no  reason to buy into it and imagine the current situation to be worse than it is. All that does is help your enemy.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #939 on: June 17, 2017, 01:40:42 pm »
I thought stirring up the lefties and then downplaying the violent response was their agenda.  :shrug:

They are conveniently downplaying the "left" angle while pushing another guns gone bad approach.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #940 on: June 17, 2017, 01:57:16 pm »
@sneakypete  - unless you reformat your response to me, I'm not going to respond to it.   There are several points you misunderstood (or my post wasn't clear enough), but your inserting your quotes inside of mine makes it more trouble than it's worth to reply.  Sorry.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #941 on: June 17, 2017, 01:59:37 pm »
@sneakypete  - unless you reformat your response to me, I'm not going to respond to it.   There are several points you misunderstood (or my post wasn't clear enough), but your inserting your quotes inside of mine makes it more trouble than it's worth to reply.  Sorry.  :shrug:

@musiclady

Your words are clearly marked as quotes,and are,in fact,inside quotation blocks.

MY words are a larger font and in bold.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #942 on: June 17, 2017, 02:28:50 pm »
The people who blame this on conservatives who don't support Trump, are insane.  Their hatred and rage is destroying their minds.

It's a sad thing to watch happen......

And yet it happens here all the time.

It's sad indeed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #943 on: June 17, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »
And yet it happens here all the time.

It's sad indeed.

Care to give an example? Look, I don't see any signigicant number of posters doing that here on this forum. And sometimes people post things when they are highly upset that they wouldn't if they were their best selves. Our posters are real people with real lives. Many of the worst comments from posters of all stripes prolly come from that being fallible human beings subject to bad moods. Condemnining posters for a few off-the-rails posts out of many is (forgive me) ludicrous.

Forgoing discussion of blame for the healthier twin"cause", it seems entirely reasonable to believe that anyone on any side using dehumanizing rhetoric and terms (as anti-Trumpsters sometimes do) is potentially encouraging someone else (who you may never know personally) to do the same. Together, even small groups of posters dealing in this can establish the Net-based, rationalized concepts of a consistent, latent, violence-bent psychotic process that may affect severely disturbed people in dramatic ways that they would not normal people.

So there is in any hateful, dehumanizing declaration or vituperation, some risk of enabling violent, psychotic acting out of a schizoaffective process.

Sometimes we can flick lit matches for hours and nothing happens. Sometimes just one errant flick sends the town up in flames.

Rock musician Peter Gabriel once told a story in an interview about a magic trick someone gave him to figure out in his spare time while traveling on tour with the band. Several sharp, double-edged razor blades tied together by string, placed into the mouth must be pulled out quickly by the end of the string only, without cutting yourself. I am no big fan of Gabriel's (hard-left) politics, but I got the point of that story (from his pre-political period). BTW there isn't really any magic trick like that, he was trying to relate a "modern parable" about human nature and the destructive power of words.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:42:04 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Oceander

« Reply #944 on: June 17, 2017, 06:30:41 pm »
Care to give an example? Look, I don't see any signigicant number of posters doing that. Sometimes peple post things when they are highly upset that they wouldn't if they were their best selves. Many of the worst comments from posters of all stripes prolly comes from that. Condemnining posters for a few off-the-rails posts out of many is (forgive me) ludicrous.

Forgoing discussion of blame for the healthier twin"cause", it seems entirely reasonable to believe that anyone on any side using dehumanizing rhetoric and terms (as anti-Trumpsters sometimes do) is potentially encouraging someone else to do the same. Together, even small groups of people can establish the rationalized basis of a consistent, latent, violence-bent psychotic process that may affect severely disturbed people in dramatic ways that they would not normal people.

So there is in any hateful, dehumanizing declaration or vituperation, some risk of enabling violent, psychotic acting out of a schizoaffective process. Sometimes you cam flick lit matches for hours and nothing happens. Sometimes just one errant flick sends the town up in flames.

Rock musician Peter Gabriel once told a story in an interview about a magic trick someone gave him to figure as passed the time traveling on tour with his band. Several sharp razor blades tied together by string, placed into the mouth,must then be pulled out quickly by the end of the string only, without cutting yourself. I am no big fan of Gabriel's (hard-left) politics, but I got the point of that story. (BTW there isn't really any trick like that, he was telling a "modern parable" about human nature and the destructive power of words.

Heres an example from earlier today:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,267801.msg1360736.html#msg1360736

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #945 on: June 17, 2017, 06:45:19 pm »
Because the attacks are rare and reported when they happen. Not one chance in hell a armed attack on a public figure is going to happen and the leftist anti-gun media is going to ignore it and not report on it.

True. There may be 137 of them hiding under your bed and in your closet as I write this. The good news is even they aren't attacking anyone.

Those of us who are conservative should not be so quick to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon by exaggerating perceived dangers when these attacks are so rare they happen maybe once every decade.

HorseHillary! There ARE attacks made by Muslims every day. They just aren't widely reported because the media is generally pro-immigration and anti-American. Granted,most aren't with firearms,but none the less there are Muslim verbal and physical attacks against non-Muslims every day in this country.

True,but almost all of them are going to wait for the government to attack the government for them. It's a "the nature of the beast" thing.

I am. It IS  going to happen eventually.  Politics demands it. Politicians fire up hatred towards their opponents in order to fire up their voters to go to the polls to vote for them,and this increases the hatred and mistrust because the voters and their extended families. It's the old "divide and conquer" strategy and it's popular because it works.  We have a large segment of today's population that is convinced the country owes them a comfortable,and even luxurious living just because they were born. They have been led to believe this and trained to expect it,and now they are being manipulated to riot and attack (mostly) whites if someone even suggests their "free stuff" is going to be reduced.

Guess what? One day the "free stuff" WILL stop showing up because the system will go broke and there will be no money to provide it. That is the day the system starts to come apart.

I'm not,either. I doubt many people are,but this is no  reason to buy into it and imagine the current situation to be worse than it is. All that does is help your enemy.

Cloward - Piven

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%80%93Piven_strategy

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #946 on: June 17, 2017, 06:58:21 pm »
Heres an example from earlier today:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,267801.msg1360736.html#msg1360736

That's it? A photo against gun grabbing showing a Nazi executing some un-armed Warsaw Elder's family-member, suggesting that one educate one's self on History (you do know who the Warsaw Elders were, right?)? And a self-posted picture of an Islamist terrorist leader pointing a gun at the camera, taunting and saying that he is part of an invasion (of course he is, by his own admission, he bragged about it)?  Never heard of the book by Qutb "Milestones" ? It's about using immigration as a means for INVASION.

Those two are fairly mild, especially compared to posting that LEO's are "pigs" who deserve to be "fried" or saying that Trump is a deranged madman (Jerry Brown, last week) who wants to lead the evil (sic) Republicans to destroy the world by either gross negligence, or sadistic malice toward the innocent.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:01:43 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #947 on: June 17, 2017, 08:15:41 pm »
That's it?

You're looking at the warlorded .sig -- look above the horizontal rule.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #948 on: June 18, 2017, 01:38:15 am »

Oh, no jumping on an antigun bandwagon (not ever), and I have always been anti-liberal, so what's a mutha to do?  :shrug:

Precisely why we won't know how many liberal nutcases are out there wreaking their small scale havoc from day to day. Most of the gibsmedats vote Liberal, regardless of their cultural affiliation. They know where their bread comes from. How many shootings and other serious crimes are really just manifestations of Liberal hate writ in blood? We'll never know, because only one segment of the population is susceptible to committing a "hate crime", the rest are absolved in advance by the media.
There is more than one way to skin a cat, so they attack people supportive of the government instead, knowing full well that gives them a layer of protection from reprisal or consequence. The government is busy, full of sympathetic people, and less likely to strike back than if the government was directly attacked.

You may well be right, if they cannot be weaned of their dependencies. I don't think even that would go smoothly, because the expectations of those on the 'plantation' are pretty high. That is a distortion brought about by television. What? no granite countertops, no hardwood floors, no gold plated fixtures? Who would live like that? Drive an old Chevrolet instead of a new Escalade? say whaaat? Only on television ...

i don't think I am making out things to be worse than they are.
I'm a regular bleeping Pollyanna.
I have noticed that the "Community Organizer" we had in office didn't organize MY community. Instead billions of dollars were funneled into someone elses' communities, ACORNed out to swarms of organizations and foundations (and skimmed, doubtless), but still money sent around, along with free phones with apps to organize more on. They have already been used to orchestrate robberies, looting, riots, and protests, along with the internet (we aren't the only ones using it). The framework is in place, through a multitude of different organizations.  While Fast and Furious was going on, there was another operation being conducted by the BATF which got little press, even on the internet: Operation gangwalker, conducted in Indiana and possibly elsewhere, where following the mold of gunwalker on the Mexican Border, guns were sold to straw buyers for gangs. I don't have any information on how many, but I'd just about bet some of those have shown up in Chicago...

Not all of the guns bought during the Obama years were bought by Conservatives.

We do know police have been targeted, we know now that Congressmen aren't off the dance card, unless they are Democrats, and that may get worse.

Sure, we can blame the media and the "entertainment" industry for much of the frothing at the mouth enmity that is out there, and it seems that even they have begun to believe their spiel, but unfortunately, a lot of people have been brainwashed by the rhetoric. They say it without ever having given a thought to what the words mean. Things like "economic justice" or "social justice" or 'environmental justice" and phrases like the 1%ers or 'the rich white man', roll out of their mouths without effort, because they have been conditioned to think in those terms, however meaningless they might be or however nonsensical the concepts are in real life.

I figure I'll be ready as I will be, and deal with what I have to deal with, same as any day.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:41:00 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #949 on: June 18, 2017, 02:34:40 am »
@Smokin Joe
We do know police have been targeted, we know now that Congressmen aren't off the dance card, unless they are Democrats, and that may get worse.

I can see a scenario where they are all on the dance card. There are fanatics on both sides.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley