Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41271 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2017, 09:00:22 pm »
Of course he did less than nothing. Have you ever met a home inspector that wasn't less than nothing?

Short man's syndrome??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2017, 09:01:56 pm »
Quote from: mountaineer link=topic267268.msg1356777#msg1356777 date=1497453594
Yes, there are nutjobs on the right, but they - and "Pizzagate" - are irrelevant to this story, it  appears.

@mountaineer

Not if the left can use alleged "nutjobs" on the right to provide tactical cover for their violent and murderous loons.

Let's not forget that it is the left that has murdered more people since 1917 that all other political movements in the entire span of civilization.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #577 on: June 14, 2017, 09:02:55 pm »

This is why I said earlier that we have arrived at the point, where it is no longer possible to co-exist peaceably alongside one another in this country.

This is only going to escalate, whether we sit idle and do nothing to counter the calls for more 'resistance', or start fighting back.

Because the split second the push-back begins, the government will begin to crack down to bring order. 

And that is where tyranny's final nail will be driven deep into the wood of liberty's coffin.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #578 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:11 pm »
Pretty much any trauma victim with that long a surgical procedure and presumably multiple transfusions will go to the ICU post op.  Respiratory and renal function need to be closely monitored and further transfusion need is possible.  It is not surprising at all he is in the icu which buys you a critical listing

@Mom MD

He apparently was bleeding quite heavily but was conscious.

On the plus side the nurses in the ICU tend to be cute.  11 days in there taught me to be thankful for the angels in the ICU.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #579 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:36 pm »

As evil as McAuliffe is,the guy that is his Lt Governor who is now running for Governor is even creepier. If this guy wins,it's over for Virginia.

Offline chae

« Reply #580 on: June 14, 2017, 09:04:22 pm »
@Polly Ticks

She may be estranged but not divorced yet.  They live in the metro St Louis area on the Illinois side.  My divorce was handled in St Louis.  Divorce petition filed on 12/26, divorce finalized on 6/18. 

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #581 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »
@Mom MD

He apparently was bleeding quite heavily but was conscious.

On the plus side the nurses in the ICU tend to be cute.  11 days in there taught me to be thankful for the angels in the ICU.

Not only cute but they know their stuff!  I am in awe of amazing nurses male and female.  They have one of the toughest most thankless jobs in the world.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:49:18 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:36 pm »
Terry McAuliffe- if 93 million Americans die from gun violence everyday, we would have been extinct a long time ago.

@austingirl

Good thing numbers don't matter,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #583 on: June 14, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »
And, surprisingly coherent.

@Sanguine

Someone on her staff wrote it.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2017, 09:06:48 pm »
@Polly Ticks

She may be estranged but not divorced yet.  They live in the metro St Louis area on the Illinois side.  My divorce was handled in St Louis.  Divorce petition filed on 12/26, divorce finalized on 6/18.

@chae
You're probably right.  I was just curious, as I hadn't heard anything much about her and whether she had any suspicions of him falling off the deep end.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2017, 09:07:08 pm »
@austingirl

Good thing numbers don't matter,huh?

But at least he never said, "Macaca".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #586 on: June 14, 2017, 09:08:42 pm »
Nice to see that the Clinton's bag man McUseless isn't letting a tragedy go to waste.

Hey Terry eff off right now ok.

@txradioguy

Bubba is a choir boy compared to Terrible Terry. When you look at the face of Terrible Terry,you are looking at the face of  pure evil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #587 on: June 14, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »

Napoleon Complex, perhaps?    5 ft. 6 in. in height.

?? How about Audie Murphy? ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2017, 09:11:52 pm »
As a general remark, Nutjobs of the right, etc.

One can easily say now, the culprit is an anti-Trumper yet, if one said this, that post would be moderated. So, I hope the moderators might possibly look into this and its not just this post but a number in this thread.

As usual, we see a baffling statement where the "right" is criticized by those who purport to be conservative yet, name-called over someone calling the SPLC unwelcome here and said "who cares" about Obama using the "n" word. I don't mean to nitpick but there seems to be an inconsistency here and it hardly sounds like a Ted Cruz supporter would say such things.

Not trying to nitpick; but this is getting tiring.

@TomSea

It all makes sense once you realize they are all Bush Crime Family cultists. They hate and fear conservatives as much as their brothers on the left. They know they can do business as usual with the Dims,but actual conservatives would upset their apple carts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #589 on: June 14, 2017, 09:15:26 pm »
The old "zip gun" .    I would be afraid to shoot with a barrel made from a car antenna.  I don't see how it could possibly contain the pressure.

@DiogenesLamp

WHAT pressure? 50's car antennas were a hell of a lot thicker than the brass on a 22 casing.

My parents were ok with the zip gun,but got really irritated at me when I made my own black powder and cracked the sidewalk in front of our house when I tested it. Mostly because they had to pay the city to repair it. I think I was about 10 at the time.

It really is amazing what you can learn at a public library.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »
m
@Cripplecreek

That is what I thought - with that many shots, many should have been shot.  Thank god Scalise's guards were there and shot the shooter.

@Victoria33

Typical Dim ignorance. They hear the anti-gun propaganda about "deadly assault rifles set of spray and pray mowing down whole herds if wandering infants",and don't think aiming is necessary. After all,they are Dims,and all Dims KNOW it's the gun that does the killing.

Silver Pines

« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »
The left doesn't grasp anything other than a push for gun control and will never ever see their responsibility in this; false accusations against the GOP/Trump, Russians hacking in the election, the GOP/Trump being racists, GOP/Trump being against the Muslim religion ... and let's not forget the GOP consists of nothing but angry, rich, Christian white guys!  I'm still waiting for a statement from Bernie!

@libertybele

He made one earlier.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »

Wasn't a dig at short men in general.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #593 on: June 14, 2017, 09:24:54 pm »
Bimbo?  You're being generous.

I know.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #594 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:04 pm »

Exactly my point.  Saying something will never happen because it hasn't happened so far shows a lack of understanding about social forces and change.   

Often they build slowly,  then let go all at once.   Like an avalanche,  they are damned hard to predict,  but you can often see the signs of something building.

One of my Favorite Scientists in History was Leo Szilard.   He got on a train leaving Germany hours before they closed the borders to Jews trying to escape,  seemingly as if he knew exactly when things would break. 

@DiogenesLamp

He most likely did know. He was an intelligent man and was friends with intelligent Germans. No doubt one of more of his colleagues heard about it and passed him the word to get the hell out of Dodge,NOW.

Not all Germans were dedicated Nazi's and Jew-haters. Probably not even 20 percent of them,if you want me to pull a number out of the air.

The one number I am positive is pretty accurate is the number "100 percent" when it is related to the "number of Germans smart enough to stay quite to avoid taking train rides themselves".

I had a good friend in the US Army whose mother enrolled him in the Nazi Youth when he was a small child. He has told me he remembers being pushed out along the curb by his mother in his Nazi Youth uniform to give Hitler the Nazi salute when he rode past during parades. By the end of the war he and his mother were the only two living members of his family,and being a member of the Nazi Youth meant they would have an apartment and food to eat. It was about survival,not faith. His father and his uncles were all career German Army officers,and they all died on the Eastern Front.

By the time the war ended  his mother was also killed during the bombing of Berlin. He was maybe 14,and the sole survivor of his family.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #595 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:18 pm »

Exception to the rule?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:21 pm »
Too bad he can't be questioned- doubt if he was earlier.

@austingirl

I am laughing my ass off while thinking of all the idiot lefties who requested they be his facebook friends are slapping themselves on the foreheads now,and saying "WHY did I do that? WHY?????? WAAAAHHH!"

I have no doubt some of those idiots will be answering knocks on their doors in the next day or two.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2017, 09:29:31 pm »
Gingrich on his soapbox right now.   
Too bad they can't just offer prayers and not exploit something unavoidable.
Wasn't Palin's fault that Gabby Giffords was shot and this shooting's blame belongs to the shooter ALONE.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2017, 09:29:35 pm »
Really @txradioguy ... NOW you want fair and balanced?  Who the hell has been calling for impeachment and resistance since Nov. 9th?

@Right_in_Virginia   @txradioguy

LOL!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #599 on: June 14, 2017, 09:35:14 pm »
Gingrich on his soapbox right now.   
Too bad they can't just offer prayers and not exploit something unavoidable.
Wasn't Palin's fault that Gabby Giffords was shot and this shooting's blame belongs to the shooter ALONE.

So you see no connection between this idiots act and the increasing calls for violence on the left at large.

Even though his act AND his own words directly reflect them.

No sale.