Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41267 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #900 on: June 16, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »
I would think there would be a big MERSA risk with that many surgeries in a short period of time.

Or is that more dependent on the cleanliness of the hospital?

For those who may not know, MERSA refers to bacteria which are resistant to conventional antibiotics.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #901 on: June 16, 2017, 04:02:03 pm »
Shouting works.

Are you familiar with the yield ratios of dynamite with diesel soaked fertilizer?

Shouting is maximized in effect with an equal proportion of arm-waving.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #902 on: June 16, 2017, 04:03:13 pm »
For those who may not know, MERSA refers to bacteria which are resistant to conventional antibiotics.

dammit

...i was hoping to impress some folks here by showing them my rash....
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #903 on: June 16, 2017, 04:06:11 pm »

MRSA is susceptible to vancomycin and several other broad spectrum antibiotics.  There are scarier bugs out there.  Fortunately we don't see them until someone has been in the ICU for weeks or they have an immune system problem
God is still in control

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #904 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:01 pm »
dammit

...i was hoping to impress some folks here by showing them my rash....

I heard last time you did that you got arrested.  :tongue2:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #905 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25:20 pm »
MRSA is susceptible to vancomycin and several other broad spectrum antibiotics.  There are scarier bugs out there.  Fortunately we don't see them until someone has been in the ICU for weeks or they have an immune system problem

I had a girlfriend who's father was shot and killed back in the early 70s. He didn't die till some 6 weeks after the shooting. and he had even been sent home from the hospital.

A female neighbor had come to their house seeking protection from her husband. The husband fired a single .22 round through the door striking my girlfriend's dad in the abdomen. He  was taken to the hospital and had surgery and a week or so in the hospital before being sent home.

He seemed to be healing fine and even had a follow up appointment with the doc but after 6 weeks started to develop a fever. By the time they figured out he needed to go back to the hospital it was too late and he died in the hospital 3 days later.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2017, 04:27:24 pm »
I heard last time you did that you got arrested.  :tongue2:

This is so apropos of the thread topic.

The consequences of making a rash decision.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #907 on: June 16, 2017, 04:42:05 pm »
JAZZHEAD! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW !?! (maybe that's why people shout at him he has trouble hearing) What's Jazzhead's story? He ignores substantive, direct, on-topic posts but responds to the peripheral, off-topic ones. Is he another self-adoring poster who thinks himself to be "above" having to substantiate his assertions to others? Weird. He doesn't seem to be all that well-informed either, nor very interesting, but has an ego of massive magnitude.

Maybe I tangled with him before and he put me on his "safe space" ignore list so he can avoid the sort of humiliating taking-to-the-woodshed that I sometimes deliver to posters when they let their typing fingers overload their rear ends. heh

Couple of things -

1.  Kindly provide a link to the post you want me to respond to.  I'm usually in the minority here, and so get multiple responses.  I can't answer directly each and every response if I don't have time to, or if my answer reasonably applies to multiple responses.   Don't know what's so special about you, or your post, that makes you so angry that I failed to notice and/or respond.   But give me a link, and please don't assume I think you're more special than anyone else.   

2.  I generally try to respond in good faith but reserve the right to decline, especially when the poster comes on like a classless jerk.   

3.  I've never put any member of this board - no, not even you - on ignore.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #908 on: June 16, 2017, 05:05:08 pm »
I'm arguing for the traditional role of communities to regulate the open carry of firearms in public places.  That's federalism, that's state sovereignty.   That's something that any conservative should support. 

But you DON'T when it comes to homosexual marriage and forcing people to cater to it, accept it and do business to promote it.

Hypocrite.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod2

« Reply #909 on: June 16, 2017, 05:11:36 pm »
One last reminder: the topic is Rep. Scalise and the others who were shot while practicing for a charity baseball game.  Your opinions and thoughts about other members is not.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #910 on: June 16, 2017, 07:22:31 pm »
No one's attacking the Second Amendment.   The issue is federalism.   The RKBA is not a license for open carry.   It is up to the states to regulate such matters.
"...the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Yes, it is exactly that. By convention alone, that has been generally discouraged in areas where people exercise poor judgement: sporting matches, courthouses, taverns, political events...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #911 on: June 16, 2017, 07:25:49 pm »
But you can cite no case authority that agrees with you?   Over 200 years now and not one case that agrees with you?
The language of the amendment (for those who are fluent in English) has been plain and explicit enough there have been few tests at the SCOTUS, and some of those rulings are notoriously flawed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #912 on: June 16, 2017, 07:40:00 pm »
"...the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Yes, it is exactly that. By convention alone, that has been generally discouraged in areas where people exercise poor judgement: sporting matches, courthouses, taverns, political events...

Especially courthouses.  Some of the worst decisions in the history of history.

Wingnut

« Reply #913 on: June 16, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »
One last reminder: the topic is Rep. Scalise and the others who were shot while practicing for a charity baseball game.  Your opinions and thoughts about other members is not.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #914 on: June 16, 2017, 10:33:31 pm »
Breaking on Fox- perp had a list of three Republican Congress members on his body when he was searched. Not releasing names yet.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #915 on: June 16, 2017, 10:59:14 pm »
Breaking on Fox- perp had a list of three Republican Congress members on his body when he was searched. Not releasing names yet.
It would be interesting to see who is on the list.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #916 on: June 16, 2017, 11:02:36 pm »

Soooo....if he was listing to the right does that help explain his piss poor aim?????

Oceander

« Reply #917 on: June 16, 2017, 11:04:26 pm »
Soooo....if he was listing to the right does that help explain his piss poor aim?????

:bigsilly:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #918 on: June 16, 2017, 11:18:32 pm »

Hmmm- maybe he just bought his rifle in March when his neighbor called the police on him for shooting in a residential area. Lack of firearms training is my guess. I am happy his aim was so bad.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #919 on: June 16, 2017, 11:27:54 pm »
If the Daily Caller's sources are correct:  "The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed."

If the list "included" those names, does that mean there were more than three?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/exclusive-assassination-list-found-on-james-hodgkinsons-body/

Offline austingirl

« Reply #920 on: June 16, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »
There is a separate thread in Politics on the list.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #921 on: June 17, 2017, 01:16:01 am »
Pete...i could take your rant apart piece by piece and really the this thread off the rails like you desire...but I'm not going to go down your self created detour.

So BLUF...you're wrong...and you really need to drop this line of distraction.

Now get back on topic.

@txradioguy

Yeah,I'm wrong and you are right,so NOW is the perfect time for me to drop it and stop correcting you,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #922 on: June 17, 2017, 03:32:34 am »
If the Daily Caller's sources are correct:  "The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed."

If the list "included" those names, does that mean there were more than three?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/exclusive-assassination-list-found-on-james-hodgkinsons-body/

Jim Jordan was on the list............... our Congressman before redistricting, and a wonderful human being.  One of the good guys.

I'm sick.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #923 on: June 17, 2017, 03:39:00 am »
Jim Jordan was on the list............... our Congressman before redistricting, and a wonderful human being.  One of the good guys.

I'm sick.
The article included those below.

All in the House Freedom Caucus. Sounds like the Liberals aren't aiming at "Moderates".

The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed. Fox News reported after this story that Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, Tennessee Rep. Scott DesJarlais and Virginia Rep. Morgan Griffith are also on the list. All six congressmen are members of the House Freedom Caucus, which contains the lower chamber’s most conservative members.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #924 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:48 am »
The article included those below.

All in the House Freedom Caucus. Sounds like the Liberals aren't aiming at "Moderates".

This guy was planning to assassinate the most consistent conservative members in Congress.

My question is, was he acting alone, or are there others to finish off the rest of his hit list?

This is extremely, EXTREMELY disturbing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.