Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41255 times)

Silver Pines

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #875 on: June 16, 2017, 03:00:56 pm »
Waving apparently weakens the bladders of those susceptible to it who are nearby.

@Cripplecreek

Until some loon shows up with a backpack yelling "Allah akbar."  They'll be crying for the armed guy to come save them.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #876 on: June 16, 2017, 03:02:21 pm »
No worries.  I have absolutely no desire to live in or visit your state.

I've visited his state a few times-aaannnnd mea culpa-it was during the drug years.  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #877 on: June 16, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »

In Michigan we've had numerous court cases on this very subject and the courts have ruled again and again that cities cannot override the state constitution or the federal constitution on this. I can walk down the street of any city in the state openly carrying a gun and cannot be convicted of a crime.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »
If you are all calling names. Texasradioguy is no social conservative, turned his/her back on the unborn, he's closer to jazzhead votingwise, sticks up for Bush 43 who gave Planned Patenthood millions more than Clinton. So let's not be sanctimonious. Flame away, you already do that.

Flame away? You're already on fire.  ^-^
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »
Texas is a majority minority state, if one wants to believe it will stay the same, it could, it could also go the other way. Dem bloc Hispanics only ha e a 38% voter turnout, look it up, that could change.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #880 on: June 16, 2017, 03:07:35 pm »
In Michigan we've had numerous court cases on this very subject and the courts have ruled again and again that cities cannot override the state constitution or the federal constitution on this. I can walk down the street of any city in the state openly carrying a gun and cannot be convicted of a crime.

heh heh heh

gotta love that phrasing

Offline anubias

« Reply #881 on: June 16, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
Sheesh............. I hate to be on topic here, in the middle of this riveting discussion, but does anyone know how Steve Scalise is doing?

Have there been any updates?

Thank you, @musiclady  I came to this thread for the same reason. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #882 on: June 16, 2017, 03:10:11 pm »
Texas is a majority minority state, if one wants to believe it will stay the same, it could, it could also go the other way. Dem bloc Hispanics only ha e a 38% voter turnout, look it up, that could change.

Yep. Round up all the  Rosa Maria Ortegas and that number drops by half.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #883 on: June 16, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »

In Colorado open carry is legal, but many of the counties/municipalities have restricted the second amendment. Not that I am a fan of open carry, I don't like the attention it draws. If I ever need my weapon I want the element of surprise on my side.  But restricting the right to carry in any fashion is still in violation of the constitution.  And it creates the quandry of it may be legal to open carry on one side of the street but not the other..
God is still in control

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #884 on: June 16, 2017, 03:11:10 pm »
Thank you, @musiclady  I came to this thread for the same reason.

I'm finding no updates more recent than 9 hours ago - he's improving but still critical.

@Mom MD - guessing he'll get hit by the fever within the next few hours?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #885 on: June 16, 2017, 03:12:06 pm »
heh heh heh

gotta love that phrasing

“Every Person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.”

Michigan Constitution, Art 1, Sec. 6

Even our state flag shows a man holding a rifle.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #886 on: June 16, 2017, 03:12:20 pm »

That's a constant issue in Pennsy as well - local communities are circumscribed by state law in what they can regulate and tax. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #887 on: June 16, 2017, 03:13:05 pm »
I'm finding no updates more recent than 9 hours ago - he's improving but still critical.

@Mom MD - guessing he'll get hit by the fever within the next few hours?

Might be a bit early, but there will be complications.  I continue to pray for this man and for all who serve this country.  He no doubt has a long ICU stay and then a long rehab stay ahead of him.
God is still in control

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #888 on: June 16, 2017, 03:14:44 pm »

That's your loss.  If you were ever to visit I'd be pleased to show you the sights and extend my hospitality.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #889 on: June 16, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
Federalism is not "legalese".  State sovereignty is not "legalese".  What is shocking is that so many so-called conservatives reject these concepts. 

Why should Pennsylvania be forced to adopt Texas' gun culture?

@Jazzhead
Nothing forces Pennsylvania to adopt any "culture".    By becoming a state they are expected to abide by the Constitutional and its amendments.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #890 on: June 16, 2017, 03:18:40 pm »
“Every Person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.”

Michigan Constitution, Art 1, Sec. 6

Even our state flag shows a man holding a rifle.

I can walk down the street of any city in the state openly carrying a gun and cannot be convicted of a crime.

I know what you are  saying. I am merely amusing myself with scenarios.

Offline endicom

« Reply #891 on: June 16, 2017, 03:21:06 pm »
...it may be stipulated that the People have a right to the lowest possible violent crime rate.

You're probably right in thought but not in word. People should have every right to defend themselves against violent crime but can't have a right to "the lowest possible violent crime rate."

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #892 on: June 16, 2017, 03:21:09 pm »
Support for federalism and state sovereignty is not "left of center rhetoric".  (And neither is opposition to religious bigotry.)

I responded civilly and in detail and you utterly ignored the post. Why? I thought the forum was for substantive discussion. No? Tell us again why those with Constitutionally-protected entitlements must fight for them against those who would deny them, just because their own state government may have a low regard for the constitution while another state's government does not? How do the restriction-crazed hoplophobes of Pennsylvania enjoy greater importance than those in their state who simply want to enjoy their Constitutionally-guaranteed freedom like their friends in Texas?

And another question, if a worship of rape, murder, child mutilation and subjugation/enslavement of women acquired a billion followers, would it still be a cult of degenerate, psychologically sick, homicidal lunatics, or would it then acquire the designation of a legitimate "religion" in your opinion, simply by sheer numbers?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:32:30 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #893 on: June 16, 2017, 03:22:16 pm »
Might be a bit early, but there will be complications.  I continue to pray for this man and for all who serve this country.  He no doubt has a long ICU stay and then a long rehab stay ahead of him.

Thank you. Rule of thumb we work to when we can't medivac is expect the fever 48 hours after the shooting - hospital situation is different, I know. You have more control.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #894 on: June 16, 2017, 03:23:52 pm »
@Jazzhead
Nothing forces Pennsylvania to adopt any "culture".    By becoming a state they are expected to abide by the Constitutional and its amendments.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Pennsylvania indeed abides by the Second Amendment.   Lots of guns here, believe me.  But the Second Amendment does not prohibit local rules regarding open carry.   And visitors to our state must abide by our rules. 

What is so unreasonable about that?   

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #895 on: June 16, 2017, 03:28:54 pm »
Nutters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaLFhe1OYg

Human trafficking...pedogate...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #896 on: June 16, 2017, 03:38:05 pm »
I responded civilly and in detail and you utterly ignored the post. Why? I thought the forum was for substantive discussion. No? Tell us again why those with Constitutionally-protected entitlements must fight for them against those who would deny them, just because their own state government may have a low regard for the constitution while another state's government does not? How do the restriction-crazed hoplophobes of Pennsylvania enjoy greater importance than those in their state who simply want to enjoy their Constitutionally-guaranteed freedom like their friends in Texas?

And another question, if a worship of rape, murder, child mutilation and subjugation/enslavement of women acquired a billion followers, would it still be a cult of degenerate, psychologically sick, homicidal lunatics, or would it then acquire the designation of a legitimate "religion" in your opinion, simply by sheer numbers?

Argument being made as a business model.  Islam is a business model.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #897 on: June 16, 2017, 03:48:55 pm »

I would think there would be a big MERSA risk with that many surgeries in a short period of time.

Or is that more dependent on the cleanliness of the hospital?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #898 on: June 16, 2017, 03:55:33 pm »
Argument being made as a business model.  Islam is a business model.

JAZZHEAD! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW !?! (maybe that's why people shout at him he has trouble hearing) What's Jazzhead's story? He ignores substantive, direct, on-topic posts but responds to the peripheral, off-topic ones. Is he another self-adoring poster who thinks himself to be "above" having to substantiate his assertions to others? Weird. He doesn't seem to be all that well-informed either, nor very interesting, but has an ego of massive magnitude.

Maybe I tangled with him before and he put me on his "safe space" ignore list so he can avoid the sort of humiliating taking-to-the-woodshed that I sometimes deliver to posters when they let their typing fingers overload their rear ends. heh
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:56:23 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #899 on: June 16, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »
JAZZHEAD! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW !?! (maybe that's why people shout at him he has trouble hearing) What's Jazzhead's story? He ignores substantive, direct, on-topic posts but responds to the peripheral, off-topic ones. Is he another self-adoring poster who thinks himself to be "above" having to substantiate his assertions to others? Weird. He doesn't seem to be all that well-informed either, nor very interesting, but has an ego of massive magnitude.

Maybe I tangled with him before and he put me on his "safe space" ignore list so he can avoid the sort of humiliating taking-to-the-woodshed that I sometimes deliver to posters when they let their typing fingers overload their rear ends. heh

Shouting works.