Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41053 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2017, 01:52:33 pm »
Boo Hoo

Who wouldn't bring in the ugly environment in this country. What Griffin did, that play.

But wouldn't you know, some "conservatives" bring up Limbaugh and Hannity as well. But they aren't being political.  @CatherineofAragon

*****rollingeyes*****

Kudos to Mike Gallagher and others.

:thumbsup3:

I guess when President Lincoln was shot, it wouldn't be proper to talk about the climate of the country.

Expected reaction from you, Tom. Did you hear the shooter cry, "Sic semper tyrannis"?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:32 pm »
@Wingnut

Looks like it was practice for a game to benefit disadvantaged kids.  Geez...

The Republicans and Dems have a Congressional Baseball team that playseach other for charity IIRC.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:57 pm »

I guess when President Lincoln was shot, it wouldn't be proper to talk about the climate of the country.

Or ask her how she liked the play.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2017, 01:54:21 pm »
Either a Freeper, DUmmy Bernie bro type, or a random nutjob like the guy who shot giffords.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2017, 01:55:18 pm »
While it is always wise not to jump to conclusions, I am going to guess that the shooter's motivation had nothing to do with the designated hitter rule.

Maybe he was upset about the use of artificial turf.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2017, 01:57:16 pm »

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill 14m14 minutes ago

Dem baseball team prays for GOP colleagues after shooting holds strategy meeting to decide whose names will go on the bill to remove all weapons from the hands of their subjects.

Fixed it.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2017, 01:57:46 pm »
It is insane.  We can thank the MSM/DEM hourly smear campaign against Trump and the GOP!!

Exactly.....

With CNN personnel holding a severed POTUS had, and a play in NY showing a nightly POTUS assassination, I think the left has agreed that it is open season on Republicans
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2017, 01:58:40 pm »
Its certainly possible. There is plenty of hate for republicans being expressed all across the political spectrum.

And the bulk of it is ginned up by the New York Liberal Democrat and Los Angeles Liberal Democrat MEDIA. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2017, 02:01:19 pm »

Scalise

This is insanity.

@mountaineer

teebee reporters are saying Republicans were the targets,and the shooter was trying to kill as many Republicans as possible.

The left has been ranting and raving about how evil Republicans are ever since Bathhouse Barry won the presidency,and most of the mental basketcases vote Dim. Sooner or later there was going to be a reaction like this.

Also,the anti-gunners are out in full bray,screaming about the need for gun contol. The one I heard first kept mentioning "some control over the 3 million weapons that are out there in private hands!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »
Scalise is in stable condition. Prayers for all the injured.

However, I am expecting my taxes to go up to provide 24/7 armed protection, armored cars, etc. and so on for our rulers. They have set themselves apart and above from those they supposedly serve and this will make it worse. The political divide in this country is dangerous.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2017, 02:02:25 pm »
Do they have a regular pick-up games on early mornings?  Sounds like the nutjob had been planning this for a while.

@Wingnut

Yes. One Republican is quoted as saying they had been meeting there to practice for at least a month.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »
Its certainly possible. There is plenty of hate for republicans being expressed all across the political spectrum.

Possible, but not plausible.  When we have a 'celebrity' (and I use the term lightly) holding up Trump's decapitated head on stage as some kind of (sick) joke, thinking that the viewing public will see it as funny, something is terribly wrong with the mindset of the American public.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2017, 02:03:47 pm »
ABC is reporting Scale is stable, but 2 of the wounded are in critical condition.

Have to ask you gun owners -- is an M4 an "assault rifle?" The media calls everything an assault rifle these days.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:07:28 pm by Applewood »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2017, 02:04:26 pm »
This resembles a scene right out of John Ross' "Unintended Consequences".

Looks like the "cold civil war" currently raging between the reds and the blues jes' "went hot" for a moment...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »
Boo Hoo

Who wouldn't bring in the ugly environment in this country. What Griffin did, that play.

But wouldn't you know, some "conservatives" bring up Limbaugh and Hannity as well. But they aren't being political.  @CatherineofAragon

*****rollingeyes*****

You have no concept of class or grace.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2017, 02:06:31 pm »
This is an event that has been ongoing for decades and it appears to be played in a public park rather than a stadium?  It would seem with all the tension it should have been moved to a stadium with security at the entrances and exits. The article states that he has a security detail.  If they were there they did a really crappy job.  I am very thankful no more were hurt. 

So ... it seems that the attack on conservatives is well underway.  Liberals couldn't win at the polls, so they continue to attack in the streets, only this time with rifle power.  Lord help us.

@libertybele

I am GUESSING that the security people there on the field were only armed with handguns. DC politicians HATE the image of having armed bodyguards. Especially bodyguards armed with rifles.

I suspect the guards were ordered to leave the rifles locked in their cars,so please cut them some slack on this. These guys were taking on a guy armed with a AR-15 using pistols,and they took him down.

And yes,the left IS after Republicans. It is now official.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
Maybe he was upset about the use of artificial turf.

That rules me out. I'm no longer upset about the use of artificial turf. Our district's football fields, down to middle school level are all turfed.

Sounds crazy but it makes sense. During the Texas summer, the ground gets parched, and wide cracks appear in grass fields. Those fields are used for football, soccer, and lacrosse. The turf cuts down on maintenance and water.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:24 pm »

@libertybele

I am GUESSING that the security people there on the field were only armed with handguns. DC politicians HATE the image of having armed bodyguards. Especially bodyguards armed with rifles.

I suspect the guards were ordered to leave the rifles locked in their cars,so please cut them some slack on this. These guys were taking on a guy armed with a AR-15 using pistols,and they took him down.

And yes,the left IS after Republicans. It is now official.

I heard a report that said the guards did only have pistols.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:23 pm »
@mountaineer

teebee reporters are saying Republicans were the targets,and the shooter was trying to kill as many Republicans as possible.

The left has been ranting and raving about how evil Republicans are ever since Bathhouse Barry won the presidency,and most of the mental basketcases vote Dim. Sooner or later there was going to be a reaction like this.

Also,the anti-gunners are out in full bray,screaming about the need for gun contol. The one I heard first kept mentioning "some control over the 3 million weapons that are out there in private hands!"

When there is serious discussion about the liberal MSM being irresponsible and the mindset of the liberal left mental midgets, we can then discuss why controlling 3 million weapons in private hands is a really bad idea. Oh, and did I mention it's unconstitutional?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:23 pm »
Boo Hoo

*****rollingeyes*****

@TomSea

Are you drunk?  Where did I mention Hannity and Limbaugh?

I'll bring up that Kevlar-haired conspiracy moron and the morbidly obese has-been if they're related to the topic.  So put your stupidity on hold and let's get back to the subject.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:45 pm »
Female Cap Hill Police Officer took the shooter down...she was shot in her ankle...and still returned fire..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »
I think and I pray I'm wrong, but we may be in the beginnings of a second Civil War.

@Freya

We are,and the Dims are now desperate. They thought they had a lock on the police state of their dreams,and then their Goddess was beaten by a loon with bad hair that had never even ran for dogcatcher before. This made them lose what little minds they had left.

I am thinking this might not work out as well for them as they believe it will. Look for LOTS of prominent lefties to be climbing aboard private jets and personal yachts and taking off for safer climes soon.

Silver Pines

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2017, 02:10:59 pm »
Fixed it.

@CatherineofAragon

@rodamala

You don't need to fix it.  I'll stick with my point.