Author Topic: Chicago girls shot at school picnic  (Read 683 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Chicago girls shot at school picnic
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:35:15 am »
Two girls were shot on a Chicago playground at an elementary school Friday afternoon, officials said.

The younger girl, 7, was hit in the leg, while the older girl, 13, was struck in the hand, a law enforcement source told the Chicago Tribune.

The girls were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital in serious condition, according to a spokesman for the Chicago Fire Department.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16/chicago-girls-shot-at-school-picnic.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Chicago girls shot at school picnic
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:45:41 am »
Two girls were shot on a Chicago playground at an elementary school Friday afternoon, officials said.

The younger girl, 7, was hit in the leg, while the older girl, 13, was struck in the hand, a law enforcement source told the Chicago Tribune.

The girls were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital in serious condition, according to a spokesman for the Chicago Fire Department.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16/chicago-girls-shot-at-school-picnic.html
When I was in grade school, we practiced 'Duck and Cover'--but we were worried bout the Soviets...

Kids shouldn't have to go through this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Two girls, 7 and 13, shot at Far South Side school end-of-year picnic
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 11:41:24 am »
Two girls, 7 and 13, shot at Far South Side school end-of-year picnic
Chicago 06/16/2017, 06:34pm

Khia Shanks, an eighth-grader who graduated Thursday, was making water balloons for the big water-balloon fight — a normal occurrence at end-of-year school picnics across the country.

But this end-of-year event at Warren Elementary on the Far South Side ended up being anything but normal.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/two-children-shot-near-warren-elementary-on-far-south-side/

Instead of balloons flying, there were bullets.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:41:57 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:51 pm »
Follow-up:

‘No bail! Take him back!’ judge shouts, decrying schoolyard shooting

The 19-year-old man charged with attempted murder in the shooting of two young girls attending an end-of-year school picnic had flashed gang signs before gunfire erupted from the Jeep he was riding in, a prosecutor said Sunday.

Raekwon Hudson, wearing a torn and tattered green sweatshirt, showed little reaction when Cook County Judge Peggy Chiampas ordered him to remain in jail.

“No bail! Take him back!” Chiampas shouted to her courtroom sheriff’s deputies after voicing her disgust.

“Young children in this city can’t participate in a picnic without being in fear of their lives because of gangbangers on the street with guns,” she said.

The intended targets of the shooting were three students who showed up Friday afternoon to the picnic outside Warren Elementary School, in the 9200 block of South Jeffery, Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney Andrew Yassan said.

More: http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/no-bail-take-him-back-judge-shouts-decrying-schoolyard-shooting/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:10 pm »
"“No bail! Take him back!” Chiampas shouted to her courtroom sheriff’s deputies after voicing her disgust."

How this country needs TEN THOUSAND MORE judges like Ms. Chiampas!

Sounds like a Hispanic name to me. I'm going to predict that if a WHITE judge had made the same proclamation in court, the case would quickly be bumped upwards and the ruling attacked for being "racis'".

Hopefully, this one will stand.