Author Topic: Former President Jimmy Carter shakes passengers' hands aboard Atlanta flight  (Read 1156 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Former President Jimmy Carter was recently spotted on a Delta Air Lines flight, where he shook the hands of every passenger before leaving Atlanta.

James Parker Sheffield tweeted video of the event showing a smiling Carter walking down the aisle as he greeted the surprised passengers.

"I was definitely shocked," said Sheffield. "Who expects a president to be on their commercial flight, let alone making an effort to greet every passenger? Everyone seemed genuinely excited and the overall sentiment was that it was really nice to have that kind of moment where Party or politics didn't matter."

"He didn't say much, because he was also trying to be mindful of the flight needing to leave, but that smile said everything for him. He was very authentic in his interaction with each individual," said Sheffield.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/06/12/former-president-jimmy-carter-shakes-passengers-hands-aboard-atlanta-flight.html
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

I bet he's just happy to not be the worst President ever.

Question; would you shake his hand in a similar situation?

Offline Frank Cannon

Why not. He is just a disgraced old man who hates Jews.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I would.  Though his politics suck, he's still a human being.

Similar to any liberal relatives.  We don't disown them do we?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mom MD

Of course I would shake his hand.  I was not raised to be rude to an old man.  I would not tell him I thought he was a great president and it would not mean I endorsed his politics or policies.  It would be an act of simple civility.   Now if Obama wanted to shake hands that would be a different story....
God is still in control

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
   Now if Obama wanted to shake hands that would be a different story....

Well put.  I think Carter and even Clinton loved this country, even though their actions were misguided.

The punk POTUS Obama wanted to destroy America.  I'd just as soon piss on him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Maybe this makes me rude, but I would not.  If asked, I'd just say I knew Olympic athletes in 1980 whose careers he destroyed.  I don't shake hands with people who ruin my friends.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Former President Jimmy Carter was recently spotted on a Delta Air Lines flight, where he shook the hands of every passenger before leaving Atlanta.

James Parker Sheffield tweeted video of the event showing a smiling Carter walking down the aisle as he greeted the surprised passengers.

"I was definitely shocked," said Sheffield. "Who expects a president to be on their commercial flight, let alone making an effort to greet every passenger? Everyone seemed genuinely excited and the overall sentiment was that it was really nice to have that kind of moment where Party or politics didn't matter."

"He didn't say much, because he was also trying to be mindful of the flight needing to leave, but that smile said everything for him. He was very authentic in his interaction with each individual," said Sheffield.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/06/12/former-president-jimmy-carter-shakes-passengers-hands-aboard-atlanta-flight.html

A Million people were killed because Jimmy Carter was President.   

Because Jimmy Carter worked to topple the Shah of Iran,  and refused to back him up when the crazies were taking over Iran,   he indirectly caused Iran to become a theocracy.

Saddam Hussein invaded Iran because he thought they were dazed and confused,  and he believed he could use the confusion to his advantage and take some of their territory. 

Had Iran remained a US Ally,  Saddam Hussein would have never tried to invade it. 

One million people were killed in the Iran/Iraq war.   

Jimmy Carter is indirectly responsible for their deaths. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You're too kind.  I wouldn't call it "indirectly."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Yet another in a long line of "I respect the office of President but few of the men who have held it" moments.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

A Million people were killed because Jimmy Carter was President.   

Because Jimmy Carter worked to topple the Shah of Iran,  and refused to back him up when the crazies were taking over Iran,   he indirectly caused Iran to become a theocracy.

Saddam Hussein invaded Iran because he thought they were dazed and confused,  and he believed he could use the confusion to his advantage and take some of their territory. 

Had Iran remained a US Ally,  Saddam Hussein would have never tried to invade it. 

I've seen numerous articles and documentaries that attribute the rise of the current Islamofascism to the success they had during Carters administration.   If they had been dealing with a Reagan or even a Bush they would have failed and would never have gotten the popular support they have today.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well put.  I think Carter and even Clinton loved this country, even though their actions were misguided.

The punk POTUS Obama wanted to destroy America.  I'd just as soon piss on him.

Ditto @catfish1957

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'd shake his hand, while telling him it's the hand I wipe my a$$ with.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yet another in a long line of "I respect the office of President but few of the men who have held it" moments.

Respect for the office has nothing to do with it.  If I were in the plane, an office wouldn't be wearing a stupid grin trying to shake my hand, one of the worst occupants of the office would be.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Carter's enthusiastic support for terrorists like Arafat pretty well negates any residual respect I might have had for him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Carter's enthusiastic support for terrorists like Arafat pretty well negates any residual respect I might have had for him.

Israel spilled  blood and resources to extend their reach in '67 and '73.

American intervention has been one of their biggest enemies since.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You and me both, Sister.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I've seen numerous articles and documentaries that attribute the rise of the current Islamofascism to the success they had during Carters administration.   If they had been dealing with a Reagan or even a Bush they would have failed and would never have gotten the popular support they have today.

I fully believe that Jimmy Carter emboldened Islamic Radicalism.   Had we stomped a mud hole in these lunatics back in 1979,   they would not now be causing us so much grief. 

Had we kept Iran on a western oriented footing,  by now the worst aspects of Islamic radicalism may have been permanently subdued.   

https://youtu.be/kfOY-gSMnm8
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I would be courteous enough to do so ... although I'd wash my hands later.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Grudgingly, if I was (unable to avoid) being formally introduced.  But in the case of a "victory lap" such as this, heck no.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.