Author Topic: McCain says American leadership was better under Obama: report  (Read 2549 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: McCain says American leadership was better under Obama: report
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 05:44:57 am »

Man, that's nasty. Most of Congress just kissed his butt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 05:46:07 am »
McCain & Pelosi are perfect examples of why we so desperately need term limits for members of Congress. When will McCain switch from being a Republican to showing his true colors? Honestly. Oh and take Lindsey Graham with you
Might as well take Collins, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 05:54:09 am »
Might as well take Collins, too.

And Murkowski.  and a lot of others unfortunately
God is still in control

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 06:00:07 am »
Doesn't seem to me that McCain is any crazier than the folks that elected trump.. :shrug:

Same ones that nominated McLame.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 06:13:31 pm »
And Murkowski.  and a lot of others unfortunately
Murkowski has won three times and her % of the vote won was 48.5% in 2004, 39.5% in 2010 and 44% in 2016.

A majority of people vote against her everytime.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 07:40:47 pm »
Glad I'm no longer a Republican.  Enjoy GOP.

If I walked like that my one tiny vote against McStain goes with me, so the voters of AZ don't have the luxury of leaving the party if we want to get rid of him.  But I'm happy for you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »
McCain says American leadership was better under Obama: report

My God,  I wish the voters in Arizona would send this senile Washington Insider out to pasture.   In his waning years he has consistently been on the wrong side of everything that happens. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »
Can this rotten old piece of shit just die already so I don't have to read about his absurd comments anymore?

Though I wouldn't wish ill on him,   I would very much like to hear less of his opinions being broadcast on our National Democrat media services. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 07:52:06 pm »

He never did full decks well, wasn't it him that accidentally released his missiles as a Lt in the Navy, resulting in Injury and Death?

NOT HIM

On July 29, 1967, McCain, by then a lieutenant commander, was near the epicenter of the USS Forrestal fire. He escaped from his burning jet and was trying to help another pilot escape when a bomb exploded;[28] McCain was struck in the legs and chest by fragments.[29] The ensuing fire killed 134 sailors and took 24 hours to control.[30][31] With the Forrestal out of commission, McCain volunteered for assignment with the USS Oriskany, another aircraft carrier employed in Operation Rolling Thunder

The Report I saw was that a jet fuel powered electric generator was parked directly underneath the wing of one of the aircraft and it's exhaust stream ended up pointing directly at one of the missiles on the wing,  causing the missile's warhead to explode,  and thereby triggering the fire. 

Now I don't know if this is true,   but I believe that is the official cause of the accident.    I will point out that McCain's father was a Navy Admiral,   and if influence could play a role in an investigation,  it likely would have occurred here. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »

The Report I saw was that a jet fuel powered electric generator was parked directly underneath the wing of one of the aircraft and it's exhaust stream ended up pointing directly at one of the missiles on the wing,  causing the missile's warhead to explode,  and thereby triggering the fire. 

Now I don't know if this is true,   but I believe that is the official cause of the accident.    I will point out that McCain's father was a Navy Admiral,   and if influence could play a role in an investigation,  it likely would have occurred here.
As I recall, from seeing video of the incident, the missile was ignited by an electrical fault, and launched a Zuni rocket from the aircraft (not McCain's), striking other aircraft fueled and armed, ready to be launched. This account confirms that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire

There were a number of contributing factors which led to the disaster.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »
I have lots of things to not like McStain for, but the USS Forrestal fire is not one of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:52 am »
I have lots of things to not like McStain for, but the USS Forrestal fire is not one of them.
Right.  The missile didn't come off his plane. Not his fault, and he lost a lot of shipmates in that mess. (I had a friend, tough guy, gone now, who was on board at the time and couldn't talk about it without crying thirty years later.).

That one is not on McCain and should never be put there.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 01:00:13 am »

You and me both! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 10:06:11 am »
Yeah he was another looser that Republican party promoted for President.  Funny that Sarah Palin was his running mate.  Then she was Trumps cheer leader.

When Palin accepted to be his running mate she lost a lot of credibility. I think she felt it would help launch her career and couldn't resist the opportunity at a chance to be the first female VP, but she and the GOP miscalculated how many conservatives would refuse to vote for him. Cheerleading for Trump lost her any credibility she had left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.