Author Topic: Ann Coulter  (Read 8501 times)

Offline LastJedi

Ann Coulter
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:44:01 am »
I wanted to start a topic on Ann Coulter. What do the people here think of her? Honestly, it really annoys me when Fox News brings her on and calls her "conservative commentator" when she's no such conservative. She was all for the establishment candidates. She was behind Bush, then McCain, and then Romney. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a conservative. I do wish that the folks on Fox, mainly Sean Hannity, would stop bringing her on. Personally, just can never seem to stand her.

What do you guys think?
"Rebellions are built on hope!" -Jyn Erso

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ann Coulter
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 07:00:35 am »
She's about as popular here as itching powder in a jock strap.  :smokin:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MOD4

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:03:15 am »
A protocol heads up. The politics, national news, and world news sections are reserved for sourced articles, in the main. I have moved your topic into the Research section, as best fit.

Welcome in.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:37:38 am »
She is sorta like a guy going to the bathroom, she usually gets it right, but about every 6th time, there is some messy cleanup involved.

Likes... in conversation Ann is willing to take on liberals often in hostile environments like few can (and get away with it) ... unless they are coming at her with a cream pie. She is also quick witted and can think on her feet. She still is a pretty lady for her age.

Dislikes.... Coulter talks a good strong conservative talk up untill it gets crunch time, then sacrifices all credibility joining with whatever RINO gets the nod. IOWs party (and winning) is more important than principle.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:44:57 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:56:19 am »
Hey! Anorexic Ann! I got something for you. Take the hint!

Image result for greasy double cheeseburger
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 08:31:47 am »
I'm not much of a fan of hers, but I do like watching liberal heads explode when dealing with her...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 09:01:12 am »
Hey! Anorexic Ann! I got something for you. Take the hint!

Image result for greasy double cheeseburger
Careful, that's a bacon double, and she might OD.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:03:09 am »
I wanted to start a topic on Ann Coulter. What do the people here think of her? Honestly, it really annoys me when Fox News brings her on and calls her "conservative commentator" when she's no such conservative. She was all for the establishment candidates. She was behind Bush, then McCain, and then Romney. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a conservative. I do wish that the folks on Fox, mainly Sean Hannity, would stop bringing her on. Personally, just can never seem to stand her.

What do you guys think?
She's good at throwing bombs, really. I just think the closer the election gets, the more she gets disoriented and likely to fling them willy-nilly. She seems to have a thing for Northeast Liberal types, too, which is a pity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 09:45:33 am »
Careful, that's a bacon double, and she might OD.

True. That one burger would be more calories than she has consumed in all of 2017.

Image result for ann coulter anorexic
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 11:36:00 pm »

What do you guys think?

@LastJedi

Welcome to TBR!

I think Coulter is an opportunist above all.  I used to have her books, but when she said she didn't care if Trump did abortions in the White House, I was done with her. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 11:36:44 pm »

True. That one burger would be more calories than she has consumed in all of 2017.

Image result for ann coulter anorexic

Those legs need to be covered up. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:11 am »
Ann is smokin' hot.....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:45 am »
I think she's stuck up.  She hasn't called me once.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 12:42:27 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I think she has Marfan syndrome.  Her neck and arms and legs are too long.  It is a connective tissue disease that allows the bones to keep growing and have poor connections, and they are thin.  I knew a woman who had that and she is the one who explained it to me.  Her arms and legs were too long also.

"People with Marfan syndrome often share similar traits. They tend to be tall and thin with very long arms, legs, fingers, and toes. They often develop curves in their spines (scoliosis) or their chest bones. They also may be nearsighted and have other problems with their eyes."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:42:52 am by Victoria33 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 12:49:14 am »
Ann is smokin' hot.....

@Frank Cannon

HOLY CRAP, did you have to do that??  I'll be scared to turn off the lights tonight.

@Cyber Liberty, there you go, lol.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 12:57:42 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I think she has Marfan syndrome.  Her neck and arms and legs are too long.  It is a connective tissue disease that allows the bones to keep growing and have poor connections, and they are thin.  I knew a woman who had that and she is the one who explained it to me.  Her arms and legs were too long also.

"People with Marfan syndrome often share similar traits. They tend to be tall and thin with very long arms, legs, fingers, and toes. They often develop curves in their spines (scoliosis) or their chest bones. They also may be nearsighted and have other problems with their eyes."

@Victoria33

Come to think of it, I think I once heard someone else speculate Coulter has Marfan syndrome.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:19 am »
Ann is Milo in drag. You heard it here first.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 07:06:37 am »
Welcome @LastJedi

I want that burger. 🍔

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »
Well, whenever Coulter-bashing begins ( picking on her for her appearance? Really?) with self-described conservatives, the thought always arises that there is no equivalent to this with self-described liberals (leftists).

Whatever one may think of Coulter's style, rhetoric or policy/candidate endorsements, when things get down to the brass tacks of essential issues, Coulter is almost always on the right side of things.

The differences that most self-described conservatives have are almost wholly in approach to improving things, not whether things need to be improved or not.

If leftists have a serious flaw of not being critical enough of their own, conservatives have the opposite flaw, in being too quick to dismiss and condemn other self-described conservatives wholesale for unforgiveable "crimes".

I will take Ann Coulter any day over any self-described leftist.

It is disturbing to me the degree to which some self-described conservatives seem willing to declare that only doctrinaire "true believers" who mirror their own laundry list of "correct conservative thought" are fit to be called "decent conservatives".

If conservatives have an issue with being too intolerant IMO, it isn't in their attitudes on race or leftist failings, but in the degree that intolerance is displayed to those of their own camp who "stray off the reservation" in a fairly small percentage of the key fundamental issues which separate leftists from conservatives.

I differed with Coulter on things over the years (her too-swift endorsement of Chris Christie which she thankfully later withdrew) but even then, I remained conscious of the fact that after all was said and done, we still had more in common than in conflict than I had with any self-described liberal.

There is an odd sadistic streak in some who are ready, willing and able to go to a place of intrasigent, harsh condemnation in regrd to other self-described conservatives.

I myself was guilty of that to some degree with Suppressed, when we clashed over some aspects of AGW. I have appologised to him in PM for that and learned a lesson about myself.

JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion is about that very thing - the proclivity for good people to fail to recognize the value of faith and steadfast loyalty to their own kind over the long haul, and hence the danger of being overcome by wickedness (especially the sort which plays into the passion good people often have for purity, and their dedication to remaining firm in the face of challenge).

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:31:21 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 06:19:07 pm »
I think the problem a lot of people have had with her is she doesn't always train her weapons down range.  It's debatable whether that's because of "principle" or "selling more books."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 06:37:16 pm »
@Cyberliberty She has very poor trigger discipline, on her mouth.

@Frank Cannon   God Gawd Man.   I'm freaked!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 06:49:45 pm »
She has written some very clever, humorous and biting things about the hypocrisy and stupidity of the left.

Am I a fan? Eh. I just appreciate it when she turns a phrase now and then. I don't look to her for enlightenment on any particular issue.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »
She is sorta like a guy going to the bathroom, she usually gets it right, but about every 6th time, there is some messy cleanup involved.

Likes... in conversation Ann is willing to take on liberals often in hostile environments like few can (and get away with it) ... unless they are coming at her with a cream pie. She is also quick witted and can think on her feet. She still is a pretty lady for her age.

Dislikes.... Coulter talks a good strong conservative talk up untill it gets crunch time, then sacrifices all credibility joining with whatever RINO gets the nod. IOWs party (and winning) is more important than principle.

Nailed.  It.  Bam!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »
Well, whenever Coulter-bashing begins ( picking on her for her appearance? Really?) with self-described conservatives, the thought always arises that there is no equivalent to this with self-described liberals (leftists).

Whatever one may think of Coulter's style, rhetoric or policy/candidate endorsements, when things get down to the brass tacks of essential issues, Coulter is almost always on the right side of things.

The differences that most self-described conservatives have are almost wholly in approach to improving things, not whether things need to be improved or not.

If leftists have a serious flaw of not being critical enough of their own, conservatives have the opposite flaw, in being too quick to dismiss and condemn other self-described conservatives wholesale for unforgiveable "crimes".

I will take Ann Coulter any day over any self-described leftist.

It is disturbing to me the degree to which some self-described conservatives seem willing to declare that only doctrinaire "true believers" who mirror their own laundry list of "correct conservative thought" are fit to be called "decent conservatives".

If conservatives have an issue with being too intolerant IMO, it isn't in their attitudes on race or leftist failings, but in the degree that intolerance is displayed to those of their own camp who "stray off the reservation" in a fairly small percentage of the key fundamental issues which separate leftists from conservatives.

I differed with Coulter on things over the years (her too-swift endorsement of Chris Christie which she thankfully later withdrew) but even then, I remained conscious of the fact that after all was said and done, we still had more in common than in conflict than I had with any self-described liberal.

There is an odd sadistic streak in some who are ready, willing and able to go to a place of intrasigent, harsh condemnation in regrd to other self-described conservatives.

I myself was guilty of that to some degree with Suppressed, when we clashed over some aspects of AGW. I have appologised to him in PM for that and learned a lesson about myself.

JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion is about that very thing - the proclivity for good people to fail to recognize the value of faith and steadfast loyalty to their own kind over the long haul, and hence the danger of being overcome by wickedness (especially the sort which plays into the passion good people often have for purity, and their dedication to remaining firm in the face of challenge).

I'm a fan of hers, her books, columns, radio and tv appearances. But then I'm a push over for a tall blond. Plus, I'm a team player; in this general media milieu, we are in a political war of ideas, and Ann's ideas are on the right side of the political spectrum. She's a bigly good foot soldier. So, to her critics, I say, stop hitting the girl, ya bullies.