Author Topic: Byron York: While Comeymania grips DC, Trump enjoys lovefest with social conservatives  (Read 280 times)

Offline endicom

Washington Examiner
Byron York
June 8, 2017

At about the moment fired FBI Director James Comey was sitting down to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Steve Scheffler, a well-known Iowa social conservative activist, was waiting in a Washington hotel to hear President Trump speak to a crowd of about 700 at the annual meeting of the Faith & Freedom Coalition.

I asked Scheffler if Iowa Republicans are worried about Trump and the Russia investigation.

"I don't think so at all," he said. "I think it's all a lot of fluff and the Democrats are looking for some traction because they still can't get over the fact they lost the election."

Not far away, Rabbi Aryeh Spero, of Canton, Ohio, who runs a conservative organization called Caucus for America, was similarly unconcerned.

"I don't think Trump is guilty of anything," Spero told me. "I think this is a fabricated issue to basically undo the will of the people. This is much ado about nothing."

Herb and Donna Fisher, of Lancaster, Pa., expressed faith in Trump.

More... http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-while-comeymania-grips-dc-trump-enjoys-lovefest-with-social-conservatives/article/2625423