Author Topic: Obama, The President Who Said He Had A ‘Pen And Phone,’ Warns Of Appeal Of Authoritarianism [uuuugh]  (Read 839 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
by The Daily Caller News Foundation
June 7th, 2017

Former President Barack Obama warned against the temptation of “authoritarianism” in a Montreal speech Tuesday.

Despite the former president’s 275 executive orders and 644 presidential memoranda, Obama argued that the American public shouldn’t look for control and certainty in the world before reminding his listeners that history proves there is a better path.

“In periods like this, people looking for control and certainty — it’s inevitable,” Obama told the Canadian audience in a thinly-veiled warning about President Donald Trump. “But it is important to remember that the world has gone through similar moments … Our history also shows there is a better way.”

Obama then lectured on the need to ignore the “call for isolation and nationalism,” or anyone who “suggests rolling back the rights of others.”

Obama’s Tuesday comments differ from a 2014 statement he made while still in office when he pledged to circumvent the 435 representatives and 100 senators who were elected to office to pass laws.

(more)
http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/07/obama-the-president-who-said-he-had-a-pen-and-phone-warns-of-appeal-of-authoritarianism/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The most overtly dictatorial President ever in U.S. history warns about 'authoritarianism'? Liberalism must eat Liberal's brains. They, all of them, consistently 'forget' their own words and actions.

------------------------------------
Obama is a statist. He's an authoritarian. He doesn't want to govern; he wants to rule. - Rush Limbaugh

Change doesn't come from Washington. Change comes to Washington. - Barak Hussein Obama

We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back. - Barak Hussein Obama

Barack Obama‏Verified account @BarackObama
      "If Congress won't act, I will." — President Obama on meeting the challenge of #climate change
7:39 AM - 12 Aug 2013
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:39:56 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.