Author Topic: Cory Booker raises impeachment talk against Trump  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Cory Booker raises impeachment talk against Trump
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:54 pm »

WASHINGTON — Sen. Cory A. Booker is invoking the “I”-word — impeachment.

The New Jersey Democrat, a potential presidential candidate who just 10 days ago urged caution on talk of impeaching President Trump, raised the prospect Wednesday morning in a message to his 3.1 million Twitter followers.

“When the truth comes out (and it will) & if the president has committed crimes, we (the people) will fight and win in the battle to impeach,” Booker tweeted.

Cory Booker  ✔@CoryBooker
When the truth comes out (and it will) & if the president has committed crimes, we (the people) will fight and win in the battle to impeach.

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/872425514161631234
10:04 AM - 7 Jun 2017
   3,420 3,420 Retweets   10,376 10,376 likes

On May 28, the senator sounded a different note, telling CNN, “I’m not going to rush to impeachment,” and adding, “I think we need to deal with this in a very sobered way.”

While some in the Democratic base  — and Congress — have eagerly promoted the idea of ousting Trump, other party leaders have urged a more measured approach, worrying that overreaching will backfire.

Booker has usually tried to promote a more uplifting and less combative message, recently telling a liberal conference, for instance, that the Democratic agenda cannot focus solely on opposing the president.

But as he and numerous other Democrats eye 2020, they are also facing a party base eager for battle against Trump.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.), another potential presidential candidate, had already expressed support for impeaching Trump if he did in fact impede an investigation into whether his campaign collaborated with Russia in its meddling in the 2016 presidential race.

But others on the left have warned against getting ahead of the facts.

“I don’t think you want to make that leap to impeachment until you follow a path which leads us there,” Sen. Bernie Sanders (Ind., Vt.), yet another potential 2020 candidate, recently said at a CNN forum. “Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, but I’m not there at this point.”

Published: June 7, 2017 — 4:58 PM EDT

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/congressional/cory-booker-impeachment-against-trump-20170607.html

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Cory Booker raises impeachment talk against Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:20 pm »
I think Senator Booker (D) is thinking of 2020 run for the White House.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:03:46 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:18:07 pm »

You know what Cory?  If the spineless GOP slugs weren't so worried about being seen to be racist, your boy the punk POTUS would have been in a Leavenworth slammer for his treasonous escapades.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 10:45:55 am »
I think Senator Booker (D) is thinking of 2020 run for the White House.
Good grief. The Dems are really desperate.
Poll: N.J. Voters Don’t Think Cory Booker Should Run for President

Despite rumors, the U.S. Senator has previously said that he hasn’t given a 2020 presidential bid much thought – and apparently, New Jersey voters don’t think he should.

By Claire Sasko  |  June 6, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Rumors have long swirled that U.S. Sen. Cory Booker is mulling a 2020 presidential run. The senator has neither confirmed nor denied those predictions.

But according to a recent Quinnipiac University poll, New Jersey voters don’t think the former Newark mayor should run for president in 2020.

The poll, which was released last month, found that 57 percent of participants approve of Booker’s performance, but the majority of participants – 54 percent – said they didn’t think he should consider a 2020 presidential bid (as opposed to the 33 percent who said he should).

Booker’s support was higher amongst Democrat participants, who gave him an 85 percent approval rating. Still, only 54 percent of Democrats – slightly more than half – said they thought the senator should consider a 2020 presidential bid. About 30 percent said they thought he should not.   ...Full story at PhillyMag
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org