Author Topic: Reps. Green and Sherman announce plan to file articles of impeachment  (Read 2549 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Brooke Singman
Published June 07, 2017

Two Democratic congressmen plan to draft articles of impeachment after accusing President Trump of obstruction of justice, despite a large swath of bipartisan lawmakers warning against a rush to judgment.

In a press conference Wednesday, Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, and Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., announced their intention to draft articles of impeachment.

The announcement came hours after four crucial intelligence witnesses testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee and fielded questions regarding the Russia probe and possible Trump campaign collusion, and the day before former FBI Director James Comey gives his long-awaited testimony.

“In the spirit of keeping the republic, I have concluded that the president has obstructed justice and in so doing, the remedy for obstruction of justice is impeachment,” Green said. “The president will not be indicted while he is in office, and while there is some merit in talking about the judicial process, the impeachment process is the one that will bring him before the bar of justice.”

Green added: “I will file articles of impeachment to impeach President Donald J. Trump for obstruction of justice.”

(more, video, at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/07/reps-green-and-sherman-announce-plan-to-file-articles-impeachment.html

----------------------
His sing-song preacher accent is not helping his cause. Furthermore, his arguement is false. It has been proven by several sources that Comey was not investigating the President. So, he's wrong right out of the gate. The guy is just another attention whore political clown. What he is doing is a joke.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Al Green would try to impeach a watermelon if it had to many seeds.  What a joke

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Al Green would try to impeach a watermelon if it had to many seeds.  What a joke

The real question is, why is he doing this when everyone already knows it is bound to fail? Is it for attention and press coverage? Is he, as a junior congressman, being setup for some reason? And he is from Texas of all places. This seems to be all risk with little or no reward. I don't understand his reasoning.

Moreover, this could backfire on the Dems, like Maddow's tax return 'blockbuster' was. Once he files and fails, it will be nothing but an eye-roller when they file again. Which is something I'm sure they will do.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

The real question is, why is he doing this when everyone already knows it is bound to fail? Is it for attention and press coverage? Is he, as a junior congressman, being setup for some reason? And he is from Texas of all places. This seems to be all risk with little or no reward. I don't understand his reasoning.

Moreover, this could backfire on the Dems, like Maddow's tax return 'blockbuster' was. Once he files and fails, it will be nothing but an eye-roller when they file again. Which is something I'm sure they will do.

He's probably looking for campaign contributions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The real question is, why is he doing this when everyone already knows it is bound to fail? ... This seems to be all risk with little or no reward. I don't understand his reasoning.

It's prepping the battlefield in the minds of the emoting public.  That's what the Left gets out of this.  They KNOW Trump's thumbs will be going berserk on a daily basis over this - and it keeps the word IMPEACHMENT on the daily news cycle for a long time.

Which of course they think will give more legitimacy to the parallel 'government' Obama and Hillary are setting up down the street.

It's simply part of the means to the end to permanently putting themselves back into the power they think belongs only to them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Draft away.  Looks like Comey's testimony will undercut your efforts.

Oceander

It's prepping the battlefield in the minds of the emoting public.  That's what the Left gets out of this.  They KNOW Trump's thumbs will be going berserk on a daily basis over this - and it keeps the word IMPEACHMENT on the daily news cycle for a long time.

Which of course they think will give more legitimacy to the parallel 'government' Obama and Hillary are setting up down the street.

It's simply part of the means to the end to permanently putting themselves back into the power they think belongs only to them.

Good point

Offline endicom

Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, and Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif.

Soon to be known as Shecky and Allan, respectively. The House can be known as Camp Granada.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Draft away.  Looks like Comey's testimony will undercut your efforts.

Yep, this will come across unprecedented as the mother of all political witch hunts.

How anyone can read that there is anything in Comey's statement that implicates Trump is pure folly.

Unless something of substance surfaces at the hearings, the dims are going to have one massive  omelet on their face.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

Poor Al,  I guess Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad just won't do anymore.
Lets not stay together.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Reps. Green and Sherman announce plan to file articles of impeachment
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:53 pm »

I get your point. Keep them on the defensive. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!, even if you have no chance of winning. That makes sense.

I sure hope you are wrong about Trump responding to this with some stupid-ass tweet. My fingers are crossed, but I'm not counting on it. All a tweet would do is to elevate the charge and keep it in the news cycle a week longer than it should be. Apparently, Trump is too stupid to understand how harmful his tweets are, to himself and his staff.

The alcoholic says, 'I don't have a problem! You all have the problem. I can quit any time I want!'

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 01:30:39 pm »
Unless something of substance surfaces at the hearings, the dims are going to have one massive  omelet on their face.

No they won't... and they DON'T care.  They will simply double-down and go making even greater and grander ridiculous charges.

Because, as they have told us - it's not the EVIDENCE that is importance - it is the SERIOUSNESS OF THE CHARGE.

And they know Trump has absolutely ZERO self-control and will readily fall into their trap of responding to them, which keeps bogus charges in the eyes and ears of the public for a LONG time, which after a time will simply become accepted as true.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:34:37 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 01:32:01 pm »

I get your point. Keep them on the defensive. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!, even if you have no chance of winning. That makes sense.

I sure hope you are wrong about Trump responding to this with some stupid-ass tweet. My fingers are crossed, but I'm not counting on it. All a tweet would do is to elevate the charge and keep it in the news cycle a week longer than it should be. Apparently, Trump is too stupid to understand how harmful his tweets are, to himself and his staff.

The alcoholic says, 'I don't have a problem! You all have the problem. I can quit any time I want!'

Trump is too stupid to grasp what his tweets do. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 01:41:43 pm »
Trump is too stupid to grasp what his tweets do.
@Oceander

According to news reports this morning, Trump will be in the White House dining room with his lawyers and close advisers during Comey's testimony.  I think the lawyers will stop him from tweeting during this.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 01:43:06 pm »
@Oceander

According to news reports this morning, Trump will be in the White House dining room with his lawyers and close advisers during Comey's testimony.  I think the lawyers will stop him from tweeting during this.

I'll believe it when I see an absence of tweets from the twit-in-chief.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »
@Oceander

If true, that situation, my dear friends as TBR, is what 'an intervention' looks like.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 02:08:46 pm »
Democrats believe they have an inherent right to power.  If they could they would pass an amendment banning all other political parties.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 02:11:03 pm »
Didn't they try to do this during W's admin?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 02:16:56 pm »
"Go ahead.  Make my day!"

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:44 pm »
I cannot imagine what Green's constituency must be like to vote such an idiot in. Can't imagine who elects Sheila JACKson Lee, either. They sure aren't like any Texans I know.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:09 pm »
Democrats believe they have an inherent right to power.  If they could they would pass an amendment banning all other political parties.

The democrats running their mouths today may be cranks, but tomorrow who knows who'll be screaming from the well of congress. This whole farce is drifting dangerously close to a genuine third-world style coup.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »
The democrats running their mouths today may be cranks, but tomorrow who knows who'll be screaming from the well of congress. This whole farce is drifting dangerously close to a genuine third-world style coup.

No, it's not. As stupid as these impeachment terms are, it's not a "third world style coup". A third world style coup is an actual coup. This is just grandstanding.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 02:35:15 pm »
They know they can't impeach him.  But what they can do is neutralize him and handcuff him from implementing his agenda.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:54 pm »
They know they can't impeach him.  But what they can do is neutralize him and handcuff him from implementing his agenda.

Certainly they are trying to hamstring him legislatively.

But I also believe a highly motivated portion believe they can remove him. Why not? They've got 90% of the MSM and a good chunk of the GOP (IMO) on board if they tried.

All parties are playing it by ear right now, seeing where this "investigation" leads.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 02:48:14 pm »

Some part of that is from Trump himself. He is compelled by some inner voice to respond to every idiotic charge that is leveled against him. He doesn't understand the game, and therefore he fall straight into almost every trap they set.

It is an odd situation when the most powerful thing you can do in a given situation is to do nothing, and keep your mouth shut. I'm not sure Trump is capable of doing either of those things.