Author Topic: Melania Trump set to make her D.C. move next week  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Melania Trump set to make her D.C. move next week
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:32:33 pm »
 Melania Trump set to make her D.C. move next week

Staffers hope the first lady will be a stabilizing presence in a White House that's been consumed by scandal and infighting.

By Annie Karni

06/07/2017 05:39 PM EDT

President Donald Trump’s White House residence — where an increasingly isolated figure under siege conducts his late-night phone klatches and early morning tweetstorms — is about to get a little less lonely.

With the school year over, first lady Melania Trump and the couple’s son Barron are expected to finally make their official move to Washington on June 14, according to people familiar with the planning.

The long-anticipated move — Trump is the first first lady in modern history to delay her arrival — is expected to lend some degree of normalcy to a presidency defined by its abnormality in substance and style.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/melania-trump-donald-white-house-239264
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Melania Trump set to make her D.C. move next week
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:43:46 pm »
Maybe she can keep him occupied at night and put his thumbs to good use.  Idle hands are the twitters playground.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »

[...] expected to lend some degree of normalcy to a presidency defined by its abnormality in substance and style.

Yowsa.  They aren't asking much of her, are they.   /s

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing more entries in the Melania fashion thread once she makes the move, so a big thumbs up from me.
 :thumbsup:

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 12:59:52 pm »
Ho hum.   Watch for DT to decide it would be the perfect time for a cross country campaign trip.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:19:17 pm »

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing more entries in the Melania fashion thread once she makes the move, so a big thumbs up from me.   :thumbsup: 

From me, too! @Polly Ticks .... Maybe we need a countdown clock.   :laugh:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 01:24:34 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra