Author Topic: Indy Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad  (Read 15098 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This is bigotry, pure and simple.   How would Christians react to a billboard slandering the Prince of Peace?

The billboard is not bigotry- it is 100% factual so it is not slander which is verbal  nor is it libel (written). *****rollingeyes*****

Christians have endured foul "art" attacking Jesus and their complaints are ignored.

There is no comparison to be made between a 7th century madman and Jesus.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RoosGirl

I read the billboard again and I see no where on it that it specifically names Mohammed nor any other Muslim.  So, why would they assume it was meant for them?  Unless they know something they think we don't know.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
All sorts of excuses for bigotry.   I am disgusted beyond words.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online The_Reader_David

So the reporter asserts that "Islamic leaders" in Indiana assert that the characterization are "untrue", but we have no quote to that effect from any of them.

Could that be because to deny the characterizations, you have to deny the validity of Hadiths that are generally received by Muslims as being valid, and which for some of these "insults" form the basis for interpretation of points in the Qu'ran for many fiqh?  Now one can, and still claim to be a Muslim, for instance the Qu'ran Only Movement (a tiny sect) denies the validity of all of the Hadiths.  Somehow I doubt Indiana has a large Qu'ran Only Movement community that is raising the objections.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Really, @Jazzhead?  I'm not seeing any excuses.  Perhaps you are mistaken.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Really, @Jazzhead?  I'm not seeing any excuses.  Perhaps you are mistaken.

Perhaps you are willfully blind.  But I doubt it.   

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
The difference is pretty obvious.

To insult Jesus you have to lie.

To 'insult' Mohammed you just have to tell the truth.....

Genius!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Facts are bigots.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

Pot, meet Kettle.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Nope - generally, bigotry is an unfounded dislike of a group of whatevers.  Where is the bigotry on this thread?

Offline thackney

Definition of bigot
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot
:  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

- - - - - - -

Which religion teaches you must convert to theirs or die?

Oceander

Concern troll

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Which religion teaches you must convert to theirs or die?

Well, Christianity certainly does.   

Offline thackney

I will provide you the quran quotes.  Please provide the bible quotes.

Quran (8:38-39) - “Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief) their past will be forgiven... And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.”

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

Quran (2:193) - "And fight them until fitna is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers."

Qur'an (3:83) - "Are they seeking a religion other than Allah's, when every soul in the heavens and the earth has submitted to Him, willingly or by compulsion?"

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I will provide you the quran quotes.  Please provide the bible quotes....

Offline musiclady

Once again proving that you claim to be Christian, but are ignorant of even the basics.

Perhaps it would be best not to argue against Christianity among believing Christians, @Jazzhead .

You can keep arguing until the cows come home but you can't win because you just don't know enough.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Really?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We are just getting warmed up you goatf***ers.

It took 400 years worth of rape, pillage, and murder before anyone fought back the first time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is bigotry, pure and simple.   How would Christians react to a billboard slandering the Prince of Peace?

Happens all the time.  Jesus is slandered and ridiculed and lied about all the time. 

Don't see anyone rioting or calling for the death of the person who puts up the sign or draws the cartoon.

Your attempt at an analogy between the two needs a LOT of work.

Oh and BTW...what on that billboard talking about the Pedophile Prophet is false?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:19:08 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That is pure Grade A 100% barnyard fertilizer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

Really?

Actually............... no.  It doesn't.

(But methinks Jazz already knows that).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

Allow me to rephrase then... which religion teaches to convert to their's or die be put to death?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Actually............... no.  It doesn't.

(But methinks Jazz already knows that).

I'm not so sure of that, @musiclady.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Once again proving that you claim to be Christian, but are ignorant of even the basics.

Perhaps it would be best not to argue against Christianity among believing Christians, @Jazzhead .

You can keep arguing until the cows come home but you can't win because you just don't know enough.

It is a tenet of Christianity that salvation can be achieved only by accepting Christ, is it not?   Am I incorrect that "believing Christians" insist on conversion as a prerequisite for life after death?