Author Topic: HEY, CHRISTIANS: Are You Troubled By THESE Disturbing Facts About The Current Pope?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

ClashDaily
Doug Giles
Published on June 2, 2017

Catholics and Protestants, we have a problem.

Throughout history, we’ve experienced good and bad politicians and good and bad Catholic popes. That the holders of these positions are elected according to well-established and accepted laws and traditions, it’s still amusing when someone makes the assertion that “[Insert name] is not my [insert political or religious official].” Trust me, I said it about Barack Obama and Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper. I’ve all but said it about Pope Francis.

It doesn’t help his case that in his meeting with President Trump, Francis gave the president a copy of his writings on the environment. Anyone remember Barack Obama gave the Queen of England an iPod containing audio files of his speech to the 2004 DNC Convention and his 2009 inauguration address? Of all the gifts one leader could give another to show appreciation and connection, I know the first thing that comes to my mind are speeches the entire world can pull up on YouTube. While not “un-popely” by itself, this type of gift demonstrates Francis’ lack of seriousness for matters of the soul.

(more)
http://clashdaily.com/2017/06/hey-christians-troubled-disturbing-facts-current-pope/?utm_campaign=lasmpfb&utm_source=referral&utm_medium=facebook.com

In my opinion, I think Pope Francis is not a good fit for the job. I think he would agree. It seems clear to anyone looking at the situation, that he would be much happier as a far-Left political activist, than a Pope.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He is an activist Pope, displaying his Argentinian roots in his political worldview.

Offline dfwgator

He is an activist Pope, displaying his Argentinian roots in his political worldview.

Pope Che.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm not Catholic

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Wingnut

Yes, but is the Pope?

I'm beginning to think bears don't poop in the woods.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Exactly.

Offline Frank Cannon

As a Wiccan, I find the Pope appalling.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As a Wiccan, I find the Pope appalling.

Really?  You might have more in common than you think.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am Catholic and I am not a fan of this Pope but he is the Holy Father and I don't want this thread turned into a Pope bashing thread...remember to criticize his politics, not his faith.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Really?  You might have more in common than you think.

Did I say Wiccan? Sorry. I meant Rastafarian.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I am Catholic and I am not a fan of this Pope but he is the Holy Father and I don't want this thread turned into a Pope bashing thread...remember to criticize his politics, not his faith.

One of the doctors I work for (A pediatric neurologist) has a framed pic of himself with Pope John Paul. Says he also liked Benedict as well.

Wingnut

Nice Dreams!

Wingnut

Well Gee Wiz.  You don't have to cut our heads off!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm Catholic. He's the Pope. We've survived bad popes before, and compared to some we've had this one is an angel on Earth.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I'm thinking he was made pipe by the globalists in order to push their global warming agenda.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goodwithagun

Wait a minute! I thought you were a Pastafarian?

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Ok, but he was put in his position somehow. Happenstance on that scale is pretty unlikely.

In my opinion, I think Pope Francis is not a good fit for the job. I think he would agree. It seems clear to anyone looking at the situation, that he would be much happier as a far-Left political activist, than a Pope.

Like a lot of religions over time. They have slipped to the left (worldly). Even my own Southern Baptists are battling it now.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm Catholic. He's the Pope. We've survived bad popes before, and compared to some we've had this one is an angel on Earth.
888high58888 That pretty much says it for me, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Wait a minute! I thought you were a Pastafarian?

Did I say Rastafarian? Sorry. I meant Rosicrucion.

Offline dfwgator

We had a perfectly good Pope with Benedict.   Why did he resign?

Offline Smokin Joe

We had a perfectly good Pope with Benedict.   Why did he resign?
Good question. I liked Benedict. I must admit I am not so fond of this Pope.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@EC

I am also Catholic.  From the beginning of the Catholic Church, the poor were, and are, the center concern of Catholics.  The Pope is concerned with the killing of people, and the refugees as a result of these wars and terror attacks. 

If he thinks global warming is happening, I don't care.  If he gave Trump his writings, I don't care - plus, Trump doesn't read anyway.  Both men were elected by people with the authority to do that.  If Jesus Christ was elected Pope, people would complain about that.  It is useless to argue about who happens to be the Pope.  He runs his part of the Catholic church, and I run my part of the Catholic Church.  I don't complain about him and he doesn't complain about me.  At some time in the future, we will both be in Heaven as that is the goal of every Catholic.  Remember, no one dies, the soul lives on in eternity.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:27:15 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

@mystery-ak

I am also Catholic.  From the beginning of the Catholic Church, the poor were, and are, the center concern of Catholics.  The Pope is concerned with the killing of people, and the refugees as a result of these wars and terror attacks. 

If he thinks global warming is happening, I don't care.  If he gave Trump his writings, I don't care - plus, Trump doesn't read anyway.  Both men were elected by people with the authority to do that.  If Jesus Christ was elected Pope, people would complain about that.  It is useless to argue about who happens to be the Pope.  He runs his part of the Catholic church, and I run my part of the Catholic Church.  I don't complain about him and he doesn't complain about me.  At some time in the future, we will both be in Heaven as that is the goal of every Catholic.  Remember, no one dies, the soul lives on in eternity.
Well put!

C S Lewis