Author Topic: Dems want Hillary Clinton to leave spotlight  (Read 831 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Dems want Hillary Clinton to leave spotlight
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:46:53 pm »

The Hill
BY AMIE PARNES
06/04/17 10:30 AM EDT

Democrats say they’d like Hillary Clinton to take a cue from former President Obama and step out of the spotlight.

They say her string of remarks explaining her stunning loss in November coupled with the public remarks blaming the Democratic National Committee for the defeat — which many took as also critical of Obama — are hurting the party and making the 2016 candidate look bitter.

The Hill interviewed more a dozen Democrats about Clinton’s remarks, including many staunch Clinton supporters and former aides.

They said they understood the need for Clinton to explain what happened in the election, and many also empathized with Clinton’s anger over former FBI Director James Comey’s handling of a probe into her private email server.

But they also unanimously said Clinton needs to rethink her public blaming tour. “Good God, what is she doing?” one longtime aide wondered after watching Clinton at the Recode conference in California on Wednesday. “She's apparently still really, really angry. I mean, we all are. The election was stolen from her, and that's how she feels.

“But to go out there publicly again and again and talk about it? And then blame the DNC?” the aide wondered. "It's not helpful to Democrats. It's not helpful to the country, and I don't think it's helpful to her.

(more)
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/336172-dems-want-hillary-clinton-to-leave-spotlight
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Re: Dems want Hillary Clinton to leave spotlight
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »
Obama hasn't really stepped out either.  He keeps sniping from the sidelines. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 06:55:34 pm »
I agree. I noticed that remark as well. Obama has not left the spotlight at all. He just finished shadowing President Trump's European tour. And shame on those European leaders who welcomed him like he is still some kind of head of State instead of a private citizen.

Obama felt comfortable following the POTUS around Europe, but he didn't dare go anywhere near Trump when Trump was touring the Middle East. Obama would be very, very, unwelcome in that region.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:56:01 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:11:42 pm »
Obama hasn't really stepped out either.  He keeps sniping from the sidelines.
When Republicans leave office, they usually go back to their jobs, unless they live in D.C., in which case they become lobbyists.

Democrats have no other jobs to go back to.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »
When Republicans leave office, they usually go back to their jobs, unless they live in D.C., in which case they become lobbyists.

Democrats have no other jobs to go back to.

Ex-presidents up to now have usually been conspicuously quiet, except for Obama.  That is one presidential tradition that transcends his miserable administration which ought to be followed. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:25:15 pm »
Ex-presidents up to now have usually been conspicuously quiet, except for Obama.  That is one presidential tradition that transcends his miserable administration which ought to be followed.
That's true. Even Bill Clinton has largely managed to keep his mouth zipped.

If nothing else.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:00 pm »
Obama has been tailing Trump. He went to have diner with that Florida judge who over turned the EO.  Then he was in Europe.

After watching hillary for over 20 years these last weeks and her comments to me are bazaar . I truly think she is going insane. I never thought she was sane to begin with, but her losing is making her worse than how al gore acted.

I also think she believes they will impeach Trump and put her in office.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:51 pm »
That's true. Even Bill Clinton has largely managed to keep his mouth zipped.

If nothing else.
He is too busy being a pedophile.