Author Topic: Dems' 2020 vision [list of most likely to run]  (Read 1197 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Dems' 2020 vision [list of most likely to run]
« on: June 04, 2017, 03:36:05 pm »

AXIOS
Mike Allen 
2 hrs ago

A bunch of out of-the-box names are getting buzz in elite Democratic circles for their quiet maneuvering to be part of the 2020 conversation:

Joe Biden: In private, he talks incessantly about what he'd be doing if he had the Oval. He'll look for every reason and opening to run. If he weren't 74 (Trump is 70), Biden would be in already. Watch for signs his campaign hands are quietly laying the groundwork.

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe: He has talked extensively with friends and advisers about running. The guy has boundless energy, ambition and access to money — and the personality and love of the game to withstand the grind and glare of politics.

(rest of the list at link)
https://www.axios.com/dems-2020-vision-2432460126.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

Re: Dems' 2020 vision [list of most likely to run]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:48:18 pm »
I don't think it really matters who the Rat nominee is. They are moving so far left and are so over the top hysterical they make POTUS Trump look calm, statesman like and reasonable. The liberal bubble in the media and in the big urban centers only represents 40% of the country at best. The Pubs have at least 40% supporting them. The other 20% can't possibly think radical leftists would be better than a populist, nationalist.

Trump wins if he runs.

The Pub party is a different story. If they fail to keep their promises (repeal obamacare, tax cuts, tax reform, deregulation, conservative social policy) will begin to see declines in 2018 and will probably lose the House & maybe the Senate in 2020. I know I wouldn't vote for any of them if the election were held today.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:53:05 pm »
As long as Trump keeps his base, yes he'll win.

The only way he loses is if he starts going Left and starts ticking off the base.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 03:59:27 pm »
As long as Trump keeps his base, yes he'll win.

The only way he loses is if he starts going Left and starts ticking off the base.

I think his base will still vote for him. He lost all the conservatives he's going to lose in 2016. As long as he keeps nominating conservative Judges his conservative backers will stick with him.

The fallout for failing to repeal obamacare will fall on the Pubs in the House and Senate.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:02:23 pm »
I think his base will still vote for him. He lost all the conservatives he's going to lose in 2016. As long as he keeps nominating conservative Judges his conservative backers will stick with him.

The fallout for failing to repeal obamacare will fall on the Pubs in the House and Senate.

I think most of the former Never Trumpers are, grudgingly,  coming over to his corner.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »
I don't think it really matters who the Rat nominee is. They are moving so far left and are so over the top hysterical they make POTUS Trump look calm, statesman like and reasonable. The liberal bubble in the media and in the big urban centers only represents 40% of the country at best. The Pubs have at least 40% supporting them. The other 20% can't possibly think radical leftists would be better than a populist, nationalist.

Trump wins if he runs.

The Pub party is a different story. If they fail to keep their promises (repeal obamacare, tax cuts, tax reform, deregulation, conservative social policy) will begin to see declines in 2018 and will probably lose the House & maybe the Senate in 2020. I know I wouldn't vote for any of them if the election were held today.

I disagree. Trump will lose in 2020 if he doesn't keep his promises and decides to run and we will lose miserably in 2018 if Congress doesn't deliver.  We will undoubtedly lose the Senate as we only hold a very slim majority.  If we also lose the House then the destruction to this country that was started under Bammy will continue and I have absolutely no doubt we will lose this country in just a short period of time.

I understand that you want to vote out those that don't deliver, and I sincerely appreciate that and agree.  However, you need to keep in mind those that are voted out are either going to be replaced obviously with a DEM, another GOP, or IND.  We need to make sure that the person who will be replacing those in the lost seat(s) will better and not worse...and that is much, much easier said then done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:00:22 pm »
I think it is very possible that Trump may 'tag-out' in 2020 and give the reigns to Pence. I'm sure Trump misses being a private citizen and running his global empire. It's possible that by 2020, he will have had enough of the toxic environment which is endemic to Washington D.C.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »
I disagree. Trump will lose in 2020 if he doesn't keep his promises and decides to run and we will lose miserably in 2018 if Congress doesn't deliver.  We will undoubtedly lose the Senate as we only hold a very slim majority.  If we also lose the House then the destruction to this country that was started under Bammy will continue and I have absolutely no doubt we will lose this country in just a short period of time.

I understand that you want to vote out those that don't deliver, and I sincerely appreciate that and agree.  However, you need to keep in mind those that are voted out are either going to be replaced obviously with a DEM, another GOP, or IND.  We need to make sure that the person who will be replacing those in the lost seat(s) will better and not worse...and that is much, much easier said then done.

I agree with you, but I have crossed the Rubicon. If the conservative I support in the primary doesn't win then I have no intention of voting for a Pub "moderate".

I think Trump wins in 2020 even if he doesn't keep his promises because he can make the case he put it in the hands of the legislators and they didn't get the job done.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:34 pm »
I think it is very possible that Trump may 'tag-out' in 2020 and give the reigns to Pence. I'm sure Trump misses being a private citizen and running his global empire. It's possible that by 2020, he will have had enough of the toxic environment which is endemic to Washington D.C.

If Trump doesn't run and the Pubs haven't fulfilled their promises I don't see any Pub winning the POTUS.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:44 pm »
I agree with you, but I have crossed the Rubicon. If the conservative I support in the primary doesn't win then I have no intention of voting for a Pub "moderate".

I think Trump wins in 2020 even if he doesn't keep his promises because he can make the case he put it in the hands of the legislators and they didn't get the job done.

Why would Trump win if he confesses to being powerless to motivate Congress?

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »
Why would Trump win if he confesses to being powerless to motivate Congress?

He can argue that draining the swamp takes time.

I don't disagree with the point that his inept leadership concerning legislative matters has been a big reason things haven't gotten done yet. However, the bulk of the blame rests with the Pub establishment. They ran for 7 yrs saying' "give us a majority" and we will end obamacare. They got everything they asked for and the "moderate" Pubs didn't know what to do.

They won't get this chance again for at least a generation. I think when the Rats get a majority again we will see all kinds of things that empower govt and give them a majority for at least a generation.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 06:16:11 pm »
I think most of the former Never Trumpers are, grudgingly,  coming over to his corner.

I don't see that but I do see a little softening of the 'blame Trump for everything' attitude every time he does something we like.

Dumping the Paris accord got him a lot of 'likes.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »
I don't see that but I do see a little softening of the 'blame Trump for everything' attitude every time he does something we like.

Dumping the Paris accord got him a lot of 'likes.'

It seems that the MSM and many others are judging this president and he hasn't even been in office 6 months.  I think it's very premature to judge him so early.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.