Author Topic: Trump tweets for his travel ban as drama unfolds in London  (Read 8837 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump tweets for his travel ban as drama unfolds in London
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 04:48:48 pm »
All your map tells me is that terrorists are everywhere.  Tells me travel from 7 countries will do little.  Especially since they are already here.

The Travel Ban is but one step of many that need to be taken.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 04:55:12 pm »
All your map tells me is that terrorists are everywhere.  Tells me travel from 7 countries will do little.  Especially since they are already here.

So, you're okay then with bringing in more?  What color is your white flag?

Online libertybele

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 04:55:33 pm »
The body count is building up in the UK and the rest of Europe.

At some point, the people will turn on their leaders and it will not be pretty.

With what?  The people are disarmed.  The only ones armed are the police, criminals and terrorists.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 05:01:36 pm »
With what?  The people are disarmed.  The only ones armed are the police, criminals and terrorists.

A blanket statement like that, is false.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017, 05:04:12 pm »
So, you're okay then with bringing in more?  What color is your white flag?

:beer: Chosen, RIV is correct.  You can wave your white flag if you wish. I am willing to fight for the Red, White and Blue.  No offense, but it is sheer lunacy to continue to allow people from areas of known terrorism into our country or to assume a defeatist attitude before we have Europe's problems.  These camps have been set up for quite awhile; all they need is more manpower, our military and police force to be diminished or incapacitated and our citizenry to be disarmed.  Something Bammy and the liberal left lunatics have been pushing for.

I firmly stand with President Trump on this issue.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 05:16:43 pm »
:beer: Chosen, RIV is correct.  You can wave your white flag if you wish. I am willing to fight for the Red, White and Blue.  No offense, but it is sheer lunacy to continue to allow people from areas of known terrorism into our country or to assume a defeatist attitude before we have Europe's problems.  These camps have been set up for quite awhile; all they need is more manpower, our military and police force to be diminished or incapacitated and our citizenry to be disarmed.  Something Bammy and the liberal left lunatics have been pushing for.

I firmly stand with President Trump on this issue.

So, we have by hypothesis deadly islamists who will stop at nothing to kill us infidels.  But we can stop them if we impose a ban on travel from certain selected countries because these deadly killers are, what, too stupid to figure out how to get a decent forged passport, or stolen passport, from a country that isn't subject to the ban?

Tell me, if Canada doesn't impose the same ban, what is to stop these fellows from flying in to Canada from these banned countries and then walking across the border into the US?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 05:17:58 pm »
So, we have by hypothesis deadly islamists who will stop at nothing to kill us infidels.  But we can stop them if we impose a ban on travel from certain selected countries because these deadly killers are, what, too stupid to figure out how to get a decent forged passport, or stolen passport, from a country that isn't subject to the ban?

Tell me, if Canada doesn't impose the same ban, what is to stop these fellows from flying in to Canada from these banned countries and then walking across the border into the US?

Ok, so let's not do anything, then.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 05:21:00 pm »
Ok, so let's not do anything, then.

That isn't the only available alternative.  Why not waste less time on pointless rhetorical battles and more time on weeding out the bad apples?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:38 pm »

One does not simply walk in from Canada. It is a barren land of fire and ash, and the Great Eye is evervwatchful. Not with 10,000 Mounties could you do this thing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »
That isn't the only available alternative.  Why not waste less time on pointless rhetorical battles and more time on weeding out the bad apples?

Of course we need to weed out the bad apples in addition.  But a travel ban also makes sense,  if it's rigidly enforced.  Of course,  that is a big 'if'.

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »
One does not simply walk in from Canada. It is a barren land of fire and ash, and the Great Eye is evervwatchful. Not with 10,000 Mounties could you do this thing.

:bigsilly:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 05:26:41 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 05:27:15 pm »
Of course we need to weed out the bad apples in addition.  But a travel ban also makes sense,  if it's rigidly enforced.  Of course,  that is a big 'if'.

A travel ban on a few selected countries makes almost no sense because it would be a huge waste of customs and immigration resources and would mainly only inconvenience legitimate travelers. Those with nefarious plots will simply plan around it and enter with a passport from a non ban country. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 05:31:55 pm »
What do you propose doing with bad apples?

We have had several killers on our screens, interviewed them, then did nothing until they killed people.

--Fort Hood
--Boston
--San Bernardino
--Orlando
--more

etc.

What we have been doing, is not working well enough.

I openly state now we should begin confinement/internment for potential killers.

During WWII we interned SOME Japanese/German/Italian origin people in America. We did it to both prevent them killing us, and prevent Americans from killing them.

It worked. We won the war in less than 4 years.

Of course we will not do it, because we are too tangled up in suicidal political correctness.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:42 pm »
Ok ... if you want to correct me that is fine ... I stand corrected for making a blanket statement.  So...I will state that Europe has stricter gun control laws than the U.S., making it much more difficult for it's citizens to rise up and defend themselves.

https://www.ft.com/content/b4c057d0-79be-11e2-9015-00144feabdc0
No argument they have stricter gun controls.

My opinion is this: In both the US and across Europe, a bad person can get guns. Plenty of good people have guns in Europe and in the UK, too.

We need bad people control. Nobody in their right minds should be letting them in, or letting them stay.

But if you watch very carefully there will be outcries on behalf of potentially bad people. There will be great concern for their "rights."

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2017, 05:55:03 pm »

No, not saying that they are stupid at all.  The travel ban isn't going to completely stop them, but it is a start and will hopefully keep mass numbers coming into this country from certain areas. Do you have a better idea or do you think we should welcome everyone with open arms regardless of where they come from?  The largest recent group of migrants/refugees into Europe are from Syria. Again, using Europe as an example, the number of refugees into Europe in 2015, was 1.3 million. If we specifically take a look at Germany, 80% of refugee/migrants have no documents.  Belgium has actually started to turn away migrants.  Several European countries are building walls to keep migrants out.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/08/02/number-of-refugees-to-europe-surges-to-record-1-3-million-in-2015/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34131911

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678083/Germany-migrant-crisis-80-per-cent-no-documents-passport-registration

http://www.euronews.com/2016/02/24/belgium-turns-back-migrants-and-refugees-at-border-with-france

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/624488/Europe-border-fences-migrant-crisis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »
Not mine.  Mine goes to when this country and our President is going to get honest with the public and tell us about the terrorist camps in America?  Mine goes to what we are going to do about the situation growing right here in the U.S?  How are we going to stop the terrorist highway from Mexico?  When are we going to make a Federal Law shutting the door on Sharia Law?

I understand but we shouldn't be letting more in... the travel ban would help and stricter immigration enforcement along the Mexican border will help as well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2017, 06:12:48 pm »
No, not saying that they are stupid at all.  The travel ban isn't going to completely stop them, but it is a start and will hopefully keep mass numbers coming into this country from certain areas. Do you have a better idea or do you think we should welcome everyone with open arms regardless of where they come from?  The largest recent group of migrants/refugees into Europe are from Syria. Again, using Europe as an example, the number of refugees into Europe in 2015, was 1.3 million. If we specifically take a look at Germany, 80% of refugee/migrants have no documents.  Belgium has actually started to turn away migrants.  Several European countries are building walls to keep migrants out.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/08/02/number-of-refugees-to-europe-surges-to-record-1-3-million-in-2015/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678083/Germany-migrant-crisis-80-per-cent-no-documents-passport-registration

http://www.euronews.com/2016/02/24/belgium-turns-back-migrants-and-refugees-at-border-with-france

I agree with you.  I think we should use all resources available to keep muslims from our country.  If the travel ban would be so ineffective, why are so many people screaming?  It would be effective.
We also need to look at the Mexican border.  We need to build walls where it would be effective and do-able.  We need to change the law giving children born of illegals automatic citizenship.  (that is one of the worst).  We need to be far stricter about deporting anyone who breaks the law.

I'm sorry for England but U.S. citizens identify with England perhaps more than other countries over there and this kind of occurrence that's becoming more prevalent in England may go a little way to wake people up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2017, 06:17:04 pm »

Letting in more of whom?  Muslims, or just the Muslim terrorists?

Trump's selective travel ban will accomplish the former, but not the latter.

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 06:18:41 pm »
I agree with you.  I think we should use all resources available to keep muslims from our country.  If the travel ban would be so ineffective, why are so many people screaming?  It would be effective.
We also need to look at the Mexican border.  We need to build walls where it would be effective and do-able.  We need to change the law giving children born of illegals automatic citizenship.  (that is one of the worst).  We need to be far stricter about deporting anyone who breaks the law.

I'm sorry for England but U.S. citizens identify with England perhaps more than other countries over there and this kind of occurrence that's becoming more prevalent in England may go a little way to wake people up.

Preventing automatic citizenship at birth will require a constitutional amendment, not just a change in current immigration law. 

Online libertybele

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2017, 06:22:28 pm »
Letting in more of whom?  Muslims, or just the Muslim terrorists?

Trump's selective travel ban will accomplish the former, but not the latter.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong) the ban isn't against Muslims, but rather a ban on people from particular areas of known terrorists...huge difference.

Oceander

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
From my understanding (and I could be wrong) the ban isn't against Muslims, but rather a ban on people from particular areas of known terrorists...huge difference.

Yes, but not a huge difference.  Who happens to predominantly reside in those areas?  Muslims.  It is at or near being the same thing on a practical level and that is one reason why there was so much opposition.

But even so, it simply underscores my point:  those with dastardly plans who want to carry them out in the US will simply travel to the US from other areas, effectively skirting the ban and making it pointless as a means of keeping them out. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:26:30 pm by Oceander »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 06:38:19 pm »

This sounds pretty close to what this guy said.  Do you agree we just need to accept this and not take every means possible to stop it....or slow it down.  Is not one life saved worth this vetting? @Oceander ?