Poll

Should Kathy Griffin be imprisoned for posting her offensive Donald Trump decapitated head depiction?

Yes
7 (16.3%)
No
36 (83.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Should Kathy Griffin be imprisoned for posting her offensive Donald Trump decapitated head depiction?  (Read 11030 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right.

It just allows the democrats to dictate our morality and behavior.

I just wish people could apply it to other situations before uttering "But Obama" or "But Clinton".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It just allows the democrats to dictate our morality and behavior.

I just wish people could apply it to other situations before uttering "But Obama" or "But Clinton".
I'm an equal opportunity sort. If they can do the crime, they can do the time, I don't care who they are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Then....why did the Secret Service pay her a visit?

Mate of mine wrote a very obviously satirical article about kidnapping the president's daughter (one memorable line was "who knew she could swim like a dolphin?") back in 2008.
He got a visit from the Secret Service. The site that he works for got a visit from the Secret Service. The article doesn't exist in any form anywhere on the internet any more.

The Secret Service will visit anyone who makes what they consider to be a public threat, no matter how outlandish and stupid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Mate of mine wrote a very obviously satirical article about kidnapping the president's daughter (one memorable line was "who knew she could swim like a dolphin?") back in 2008.
He got a visit from the Secret Service. The site that he works for got a visit from the Secret Service. The article doesn't exist in any form anywhere on the internet any more.

The Secret Service will visit anyone who makes what they consider to be a public threat, no matter how outlandish and stupid.
No gray areas. Just don't go there, and you'll be fine. Which makes sense, in a way, as it keeps them from chasing red herrings all over and leaves the investigations for those who are really serious about their intent.

When I was a grad student in Grand Forks, ND, a couple of drunk undergrads decided to go check out a missile silo and see what their tax money was being spent on (I doubt they'd paid a thousand dollars in tax money in their lives, unless you counted liquor, tobacco, and fuel taxes, but that's neither here nor there).
Needless to say, they didn't make it to the perimeter fence before the security QRT swooped in by helo and took those boys off for a very unpleasant weekend of answering questions.
When they got back to campus, they told of their bad weekend, and the AF was safe from idiots for another two or three years...enough time for those to graduate and some other bunch to try.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

As an advocate for free expression, I also vote no

I'm curious if Griffin was one of those who expressed dismay regarding our lack of civility in politics when Obama was president?

The left believes in criminalizing dissent. Conservatives shouldn't
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:19:57 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rodamala