Poll

Should Kathy Griffin be imprisoned for posting her offensive Donald Trump decapitated head depiction?

Yes
7 (16.3%)
No
36 (83.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Should Kathy Griffin be imprisoned for posting her offensive Donald Trump decapitated head depiction?  (Read 11027 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Should Kathy Griffin be imprisoned for posting her offensive Donald Trump decapitated head depiction?

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

I know of at least two men who were arrested for hanging Hussein Obama in effigy.

She should be arrested, if for nothing else just to settle old scores.

Whether she's imprisoned or not is a matter of due process.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
I know of at least two men who were arrested for hanging Hussein Obama in effigy.

@Old Warrior in Exile

I've never liked this vile person, but seriously, are you kidding me? We don't do that in this country.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Results as of now...

Yes - 1 (20%)
No - 4 (80%)

We'll see how the voting goes, but I can assure you that the left would happily imprison someone for any expression of free speech if they disagree with it.

Griffin is getting her due for her hatred and stupidity. I have no problem if SS or other officials question her, but I see no reason why she should be imprisoned. What would be the crime for which she would be imprisoned?

Updated:

Yes - 1 (12.5%)
No - 7 (87.5%)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:54:43 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Oceander

Absolutely not.  The consequences she's already suffered are much more meaningful and locking her up just for the image itself will turn her into a martyr. 

@Old Warrior in Exile

I've never liked this vile person, but seriously, are you kidding me? We don't do that in this country.

Ahem.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:05:09 am by Old Warrior in Exile »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Nope. Let her earn an honest living somewhere and consider what could have been...

"I coulda been asomebody...."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Then there are two men who should have been able to sue for violation of their civil rights. Hanging in effigy goes back to King George III and farther.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Old Warrior in Exile

Background please.

That's the poor fellow they threw in jail for supposedly making the video that was "responsible" for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi.

The man makes a really good point!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:51:27 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Nope. Let her earn an honest living somewhere and consider what could have been...

"I coulda been asomebody...."

I believe France would welcome her.  Macron could resettle her.

Offline Rivergirl

Shirley, you jest!!!!!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
That's the poor fellow they threw in jail for supposedly making the video that was "responsible" for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi.

@Bigun or anyone else

Link please.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:18:28 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

How does he make a good point? We on the right were angry about that man's imprisonment. Does our commitment to the rule of law change according to which side is receiving the heat? If that's so, we are as unprincipled as liberals.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
How does he make a good point? We on the right were angry about that man's imprisonment. Does our commitment to the rule of law change according to which side is receiving the heat? If that's so, we are as unprincipled as liberals.

He was responding to the assertion that "we don't do that here".

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[46][47] The offense is punishable by up to 5 years in prison,[46] a $250,000 maximum fine,[48] a $100 special assessment,[49] and 3 years of supervised release.[50] Internet restrictions such as a prohibition on access to email have been imposed on offenders who made their threats by computer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

And by the by - it was said that we don't make politically motivated arrests in this country,
but. oh hell yes we do and have been doing so for around 200 hundred years.

I'm all for the rule of law, but there's nothing that says we can't feel good about
throwing a lefty in jail, now is there?

Offline montanajoe

Of course not..

It's hard for me to even conceive that there are Americans on both the left and the right that believe this would be ok.... :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Of course not..

It's hard for me to even conceive that there are Americans on both the left and the right that believe this would be ok.... :shrug:

Last night I saw a post suggesting genocide against Muslims is OK as long as we leave a few million of them alive. Apparently its not really genocide if you leave some alive.  :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Last night I saw a post suggesting genocide against Muslims is OK as long as we leave a few million of them alive. Apparently its not really genocide if you leave some alive.  :shrug:

Wow, was that here?

Offline flowers

I think it should hit here where it is now hitting her, her pocket book.

Offline dfwgator

The last thing we need is for this Bee-otch to become some kind of political 'martyr'.

Offline Frank Cannon

Rather see these people make asses of themselves in public and destroy their careers than be jailed and turned into Mumia Abu Jamal.

Offline Applewood

I think she's being punished enough without jail.  My question though is with what crime would she be charged?