Author Topic: Trump: Time to go nuclear in the Senate for tax cuts, healthcare  (Read 1190 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by Kyle Feldscher
May 30, 2017, 10:15 AM

President Trump on Tuesday reiterated his call for the Senate to end the legislative filibuster so he could pass his tax reform and healthcare initiatives.

"The U.S. Senate should switch to 51 votes, immediately, and get Healthcare and TAX CUTS approved, fast and easy. Dems would do it, no doubt!" Trump tweeted.

Trump has previously come out in favor of ending the 60-vote threshold to stop debate on a piece of legislation. The 60-vote threshold usually requires a measure of bipartisanship because it's rare that one party holds 60 seats in the upper chamber.

(more)
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-time-to-go-nuclear-in-the-senate-for-tax-cuts-healthcare/article/2624421
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: Time to go nuclear in the Senate for tax cuts, healthcare
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:33 am »
Oh, boy!  Congress doesn't pass enough laws....let's make it so it's even easier to put more and more stuff on the books, even without broad support.  Yay!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:01:22 am »
Oh, boy!  Congress doesn't pass enough laws....let's make it so it's even easier to put more and more stuff on the books, even without broad support.  Yay!

Didn't we complain about the Dems ramming down the bills down our throat????
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:25:42 am »
I'm all for this.

I think Trump should hold a rally, and call publicly for the end of the filibuster, once and for all. Keep rubbing the senators' collective noses in it, they'll come around, just as they did for Gorsuch.

It's a violation of the spirit of the Constitution, if not the written law of the land. The Constitution specifically states where supermajorities will be required in the conduct of Congressional business. Ordinary votes ain't one of 'em.

Get rid of it!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:26:14 am by Fishrrman »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 02:30:50 am »
I'm all for this.

I think Trump should hold a rally, and call publicly for the end of the filibuster, once and for all. Keep rubbing the senators' collective noses in it, they'll come around, just as they did for Gorsuch.

It's a violation of the spirit of the Constitution, if not the written law of the land. The Constitution specifically states where supermajorities will be required in the conduct of Congressional business. Ordinary votes ain't one of 'em.

Get rid of it!

And in that rally, threaten McCain & Graham with primaries coming their way if they and the rest of the clowns don't fall in line.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald