Author Topic: Melania Trump’s ‘revenge’ on designers who won’t dress her  (Read 1561 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Page Six
By Richard Johnson
May 29, 2017 | 6:47pm

Melania Trump is proving to the fashion designers who said they wouldn’t help her that dressing well is the best revenge.

The first lady’s trip to Saudi Arabia, the Vatican, Belgium and Sicily — wearing mostly Dolce & Gabbana — was a fashion tour de force that has forced many naysayers in the rag trade to rethink.

The list of designers who said they wouldn’t dress Melania is long, led by Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Zac Posen, Christian Siriano and Sophie Theallet.

But Melania has managed to look smashing in dozens of different ensembles, from her white Ralph Lauren jumpsuit on election night to the D&G 3-D floral coat she wore in Sicily on Friday.

“There is a softening, a melting,” stylist Phillip Bloch told me. “Fashion people are fickle and fake. They are starting to see she is a beautiful woman who is married to the president, and it is an honor to dress her.”

(more)
http://pagesix.com/2017/05/29/melania-trumps-revenge-on-designers-who-wont-dress-her/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Re: Melania Trump’s ‘revenge’ on designers who won’t dress her
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »
"Fashion people are fickle and fake."

QFT

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:11 pm »
"Big Mistake!  Big! Huge!"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline anubias

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:01 pm »
While I'm sure Melania would look good in a belted bedspread, I am personally grateful that we won't have to see her in one.  The so-called designers that dressed Michael need to keep their day jobs.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 11:01:02 pm »
Not since Jacqueline Kennedy has there been a first lady who needs less help.

Well, she was a model, so of course she needs less help than a slouching monster-hybrid.

I just want to know, though...is there any point at which people will stop dragging up Jackie Kennedy?  I'm tired of hearing about her. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:01:29 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:51 pm »
Well, she was a model, so of course she needs less help than a slouching monster-hybrid.

I just want to know, though...is there any point at which people will stop dragging up Jackie Kennedy?  I'm tired of hearing about her.

I don't know why Melania would feel vengeful towards designers she may not have heard of before. Did she ask any of those people to design for her? I doubt it.

BTW, I'm male and straight and I don't think she's especially good looking. Models need only be photogenic.

I was tired of Jackie's hats and hairdos and the whole Camelot thing around 1962.