Author Topic: CNN’s W. Kamau Bell: Islam Part of America’s Founding  (Read 1091 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
CNN’s W. Kamau Bell: Islam Part of America’s Founding
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:48:50 am »

Breitbart
by JOEL B. POLLAK
29 May 2017

CNN’s W. Kamau Bell devoted a recent episode of his series United Shades of America to exploring Muslim and Arab communities.
Aside from some interesting vignettes, the program is left-wing, anti-Trump propaganda that firmly establishes the network’s political bias. Bell also serves up some historical distortions of the sort spoonfed to undergraduates on politically-correct campuses, such as the claim that Islam has always been present in the U.S.

“Islam has always been part of the American fabric,” one Muslim man in Detroit tells Bell at an anti-Trump event. “A lot of people think that Islam is from a foreign country, or is a foreign religion. It’s not — it’s very American.” He goes on to criticize “those more violent voices in our society” — and he does not mean radical Islamists. Bell is so impressed that he asks the man, “When are you running for mayor?”, comparing him to a “young Barack Obama.”

It was Obama who told the Muslim world in his Cairo speech in 2009: “Islam has always been a part of America’s story.” He offered a dubious proof: “The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco.” He also cited the Treaty of Tripoli, which was essentially an agreement to pay a bribe to Muslim pirates who had made a practice of kidnapping Americans.

(more attempted revisionist history at link)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/05/29/cnns-crusade-declare-islam-part-americas-founding/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Re: CNN’s W. Kamau Bell: Islam Part of America’s Founding
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:59:28 am »
Islam was not always a part of America.  That's just stupid talk.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:05:10 pm »
Islam was not always a part of America.  That's just stupid talk.

Not really. Islam is a part of American history, it's just they were always our enemies. Islam was a significant influence on America forming it's own Navy. So we could go and kill them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:19:54 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

Not really. Islam is a part of American history, it's just they were always our enemies. Islam was a significant influence on America forming it's own Navy. So we could go and kill them.

From the shores of Tripoli!
In 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams traveled to London to meet with Sidi Haji Abdrahaman, the “Ambassador” from Tripoli, in the hopes of making a $100,000 payoff to prevent the “Pirates of the Mediterranean” from kidnapping more American Seamen.

Attacks on American shipping and shanghaiing of sailors for ransom had become common place. As we had no navy at the time, it was felt that the best way to deal with the intolerable situation was to pay the ransoms.

Our two future Presidents asked Sidi Haji Abdrahaman, this question:

“What is the justification of why Tripoli is capturing American ships and holding sailors for ransom while turning them into slaves. ” The ambassador replied:

“It is written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave.” He added “that every Muslim who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise.”

As we had no navy to speak of, for 16 years the United States paid ransoms while the pirates continually kidnapped American sailors, enslaving some of them for as long as 10 years.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:44:57 pm by Wingnut »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:52:56 pm »
From the shores of Tripoli!

It wasn't just Americans they were taking.  There were a few million Europeans taken as well.  Many were horrifically tortured & murdered for sport.   Women were made into sex slaves just as we've seen ISIS do recently
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:52 pm »
 “The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco.”

Actually I think it was Britain that first recognized Kenya.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.