Author Topic: “Everything is in play”: White House shake-up coming soon — and legal team may start vetting Trump’s tweets  (Read 1072 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Hot Air
BY ALLAHPUNDIT
POSTED AT 8:01 PM ON MAY 26, 2017

The “looming shake-up” scoops have been dribbling out for nearly two weeks, but now that Trump’s trip is almost over, it’s time to start paying attention. At least three different outlets have published stories in the past two days about the White House getting organized to manage the Russiagate probe and push forward on promoting Trump’s agenda. Yesterday Axios reported that Team Trump is “prepping for a years-long war with investigators and the bureaucracy, with plans to beef up legal, surrogate, communications and rapid-response teams.” Today Reuters confirmed that, describing the initiative as a new “war room.” Now here’s the WSJ hinting that big changes are coming to the West Wing involving lawyers, a reshuffle of the comms team, and who knows what else. Given the reference to the “deep state” and the prevalence of war/fight rhetoric in the quotes given to Axios (“We’re getting street fighters ready to go”) plus the fact that they ran a softball piece today on Steve Bannon returning to prominence in Trump’s inner circle, I’m guessing that the “war room” stuff is mainly coming from Bannon and his allies.

The most alarming detail, per the Journal: A team of lawyers may start reviewing Trump’s tweets before he sends them to make sure he doesn’t brain-fart his way into any new legally damaging revelations, like the possibility of audio recordings of his Oval Office chats with Jim Comey. Let’s hope Trump spikes that idea. Political blogging would become 85 percent less fun overnight.

(more)
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/26/everything-play-white-house-shake-coming-soon-legal-team-may-start-vetting-trumps-tweets/

We can only hope that Trump will get his Tweeting addiction under control. Since winning the election, it has caused him much more pain than good. President Trump is not some teenager or twenty something nobody, Tweeting from his basement. He POTUS for Christ sake! He needs to understand that his words have profound meaning, even if he thinks he is just "joking".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Oh good! The local chapter of the Optimist Club is opening their popcorn wagon this weekend. I'll stock up. And no, I'm not a member. :pop41:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis