Poll

Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?

Overwhelming
13 (31.7%)
Overblown
28 (68.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 02, 2017, 08:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?  (Read 26354 times)

Offline corbe

Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »
   Since certain Briefers are claiming an overwhelming Trump hate on this site I thought that perhaps I’d go to the Source-The Briefers themselves, who make this place such an Interesting Experience, regardless of views on OUR President.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:09:45 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mirraflake

Re: Trump-Hate on TBR Overwhelming or Overblown?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:51:21 pm »
About 8-10 are so anti Trump they call themselves  conservatives but I don't know at this point. I do know their anti trump hatred is doing nothing but helping liberals.

Jeesh help the guy out willya? So far I think TRump is doing  a great job.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:55:33 pm »
Those who see anything critical of Trump or what he does as hate and supporting the 'coup', MSM media/Hillary/Democrats will insist that TBR is full of Trump hate. 

The rest of us who still value foundational principles of Conservatism and are not shy of pointing out where Trump and his Administration fail in upholding them, will not.

Simple as that.

I find it hilarious that a people who support a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat who is now the GOP standard-bearer, are the very people insisting that anyone who does not support everything the lifelong NYC liberal Democrat says and does, is "helping liberals".

I find that hilarious.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:15:12 pm »
Sorry, when he acts like a dumbass lib (read: like he has for most of his life) I'm gonna call him on it.  When he acts contrary to the Founders vision, I'm gonna call him on it.  When he gets it right, I will tip my hat and say, " well done, sir"

That is not someone's ridiculous notion of Trump hate...that's called "holding true to one's principles" and being intellectually honest.   The kool-aid drinkers should try it sometime.   It's quite liberating.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:41 pm »
And when 'overblown' wins handily (as it should, as well as if the question were asked in the opposite), it will be proof that the site is full of 'haters'.

Seriously, it's about time for a new version of Godwin's Law.  Call someone a hater, you lose all credibility.  It's just such a childish tactic.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:59 pm »
Some people simply cannot see the forest for all the damned trees!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:16 pm »
Sorry, when he acts like a dumbass lib (read: like he has for most of his life) I'm gonna call him on it.  When he acts contrary to the Founders vision, I'm gonna call him on it.  When he gets it right, I will tip my hat and say, " well done, sir"

That is not someone's ridiculous notion of Trump hate...that's called "holding true to one's principles" and being intellectually honest.   The kool-aid drinkers should try it sometime.   It's quite liberating.

@Axeslinger
IMHO thats not being a Trump hater.   Although I do detest the man we are stuck with him.    With Obama we had a man who was actively doing everything he could to make America weaker.  Obama hates everything America stands for.

I don't think Trump hates America.   Trump is a privileged boy who has never had to answer for any of his mistakes, of which there are plenty.   He has almost no morals, is a poor communicator, and not a deep thinker.   He has the attention span of a gnat.

However he doesn't hate America or our traditional allies.  He has made some good moves so far.  If he'd stay off twitter and only speak from prepared notes (aka telepromter in chief) his weaknesses would be far less apparent and his enemies would have far less ammunition.   Some of his enemies don't need much though to start screaming.   For example there's a massive thread here about his wife slapping his hand and what it might mean.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:51:07 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:54:54 pm »
There are only a handful of #NT's and #AT's but they are all louder than hell and spam the shit out of threads.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:59:53 pm »
   Since certain Briefers are claiming an overwhelming Trump hate on this site I thought that perhaps I’d go to the Source-The Briefers themselves, who make this place such an Interesting Experience, regardless of views on OUR President.
I didn't vote for Trump because I didn't believe that he believed in what he said he believed. He has done a couple of things that have made me question my belief, but he has done it holding an automatic rifle on rapid fire pointing directly at his foot. He needs to get control of the Executive Branch. He can't control the Legislative, Judicial or the media but he needs to do whatever it takes to get his Branch straightened out.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:01:07 pm »
And when 'overblown' wins handily (as it should, as well as if the question were asked in the opposite), it will be proof that the site is full of 'haters'.

Seriously, it's about time for a new version of Godwin's Law.  Call someone a hater, you lose all credibility.  It's just such a childish tactic.

It the site were full of "haters" wouldn't they win the poll numbers?

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:24:35 pm »
There are only a handful of #NT's and #AT's but they are all louder than hell and spam the shit out of threads.

Only one Man has said it better than you @Frank Cannon

Thankfully, Myst seems to be a pretty tolerant Lady, what a great group of people she has assembled to bounce off of. (Am I Brown Nosing again?)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:32:49 pm »
Am I Brown Nosing again?

Nancy Boy! ;-)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 11:00:12 pm »

@Frank Cannon @Axeslinger

I went to a thread today (FBI leaking security info) and lo and behold, you (Frank) out-of-the-blue make a wise crack about us non-buttkissers for not being on the thread commenting. I have seen that several times lately by Trump worshipers. Just how pathetic are you guys?

Seriously just how bad do you want us to follow in line. I used to march in band before becoming the Drum Major, do you want a high step too? Is there a secret handshake, perhaps a certain salute you want? Perhaps a Trump only section?

You can have the last word, seriously this subject is not worth the time to respond. I agree with Axe, when President Trump does something worthy of praise, give it, when not, don't mince words.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:18:07 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 11:11:42 pm »
There's probably a half dozen on either side. Then there's a big group of us in the middle who aren't fan boys and girls, but applaud him when he does right and chastise when he screws up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 11:14:12 pm »
Oh Geez..not this shit again..

It seems there an awful lot of people on both the left and right who need their safe space...

If you are on a political forum tolerant of all views then folks are going to disagree with you..if folks can't handle that they should stay on sites that agree with them so as not to offend their tender sensitivities... 22222frying pan

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »
@Frank Cannon @Axeslinger

I went to a thread today (FBI leaking security info) and lo and behold, you (Frank) out-of-the-blue make a wise crack about us non-buttkissers for not being on the thread commenting. I have seen that several times lately by Trump worshipers. Just how pathetic are you guys?

Seriously just how bad do you want us to follow in line. I used to march in band before becoming the Drum Major, do you want a high step too? Is there a secret handshake, perhaps a certain salute you want? Perhaps a Trump only section?

You can have the last word, seriously this subject is not worth the time to respond. I agree with Axe, when President Trump does something worthy of praise, give it, when not, don't mince words.

Here's my problem with your bullshit. There are actual crimes and abuses taking place and you #NT's just continue to vomit proven lies spoon fed to you by WaPo and NY Times bashing Donny. If you people showed the same level of anger and contempt at these other things I would be fine with it, but going off on a 20 pages of hate at the President for something that is proven false the next day is GD retarded.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 04:31:15 pm »
I give Trump crap precisely because he is OUR president.

And I try to be even handed with other members, mods, and admin because I also view you all the same as I do trump in that 'respect':

Fair Game.

heh heh heh

seeyaluvyabye
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 04:33:55 pm »
Does Trump have flaws? Absolutely.

But is there a better alternative out there?   I sure don't see it.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 04:35:55 pm »
Here's my problem with your bullshit. There are actual crimes and abuses taking place and you #NT's just continue to vomit proven lies spoon fed to you by WaPo and NY Times bashing Donny. If you people showed the same level of anger and contempt at these other things I would be fine with it, but going off on a 20 pages of hate at the President for something that is proven false the next day is GD retarded.

:bigsilly:

Memorial Day bender!!!!!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »
I'm not difficult to please.  See things my way and I'm pleased.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 05:15:00 pm »
Does Trump have flaws? Absolutely.

But is there a better alternative out there?   I sure don't see it.

So jump on the bandwagon? I think not.
I am here to promote Conservatism, not liberalism.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 05:21:20 pm »
So jump on the bandwagon? I think not.
I am here to promote Conservatism, not liberalism.

And just how do you promote Conservatism?  Talk is cheap.  And like it or not, Trump is the only thing standing in the way of the Deep State, which will forever ruin any chance of Conservatism ever having a chance in this country.  No, Trump isn't Conservative by our standards, I get that.  But, at least he still gives us a fighting chance.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 05:24:37 pm »
And just how do you promote Conservatism?  Talk is cheap.  And like it or not, Trump is the only thing standing in the way of the Deep State, which will forever ruin any chance of Conservatism ever having a chance in this country.  No, Trump isn't Conservative by our standards, I get that.  But, at least he still gives us a fighting chance.

Deep State? Oh, for cryin out loud.

What will ruin Conservatism is calling liberalism 'conservatism'.
What will ruin Conservatism is defending liberalism as conservatism.
No.

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 05:37:29 pm »

:bigsilly:

Trump is part of the so-called "deep state" - being a dirty NYC real estate developer will do that   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »
Poll needs a third option - boring.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink