Author Topic: Republican wins Montana election one night after being charged with assault -- Greg Gianforte  (Read 5676 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Post
By David Weigel and Elise Viebeck
May 26 at 1:01 AM

BOZEMAN, Mont. — Republican businessman Greg Gianforte won Montana’s sole House district in a special election Thursday, keeping a seat in Republican hands despite facing assault charges for allegedly attacking a reporter who’d asked him about the GOP’s health-care bill.

(more)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democrats-prepare-to-claim-victory-in-montana-regardless-of-outcome/2017/05/25/d7134a1c-4152-11e7-8c25-44d09ff5a4a8_story.html?utm_term=.4f0208f8d906
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't want to live in an America where Republicans are shunned for simply assaulting reporters...or even shooting people on 5th Avenue.  The tyranny of the drive-bye-media can not prevail!

What is next?  A liberal media campaign against killing the homeless?

Get real Clinton News Network.  :thumbsdown:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm surprised. I thought that would be the end of him. But, he won. I think it may have more to do with his opponent that it does with him. From what I have read, the guy he was running against was a real wack-job.

He may have been the lesser of two evils.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline montanajoe

I don't want to live in an America where Republicans are shunned for simply assaulting reporters...or even shooting people on 5th Avenue.  The tyranny of the drive-bye-media can not prevail!

What is next?  A liberal media campaign against killing the homeless?

Get real Clinton News Network.  :thumbsdown:

I don't want to live in an America where conservatives don't vote for conservatives or even have a choice of a conservative candidate.....

I didn't vote for him because he is a bored rich guy who's only core principle is shoving his nose into the public trough in DC for his own enrichment. His opponent was an aging hippy another stellar choice. I can't recall an election in Montana with a poorer choice of candidates.

I'm convinced both political parties up here have decided the voters elect candidates for their amusement value only and are running the folks that will keep us entertained during the long cold winters.

I cut right to the chase and wrote in Mickey Mouse... :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I don't want to live in an America where conservatives don't vote for conservatives or even have a choice of a conservative candidate.....

I didn't vote for him because he is a bored rich guy who's only core principle is shoving his nose into the public trough in DC for his own enrichment. His opponent was an aging hippy another stellar choice. I can't recall an election in Montana with a poorer choice of candidates.

I'm convinced both political parties up here have decided the voters elect candidates for their amusement value only and are running the folks that will keep us entertained during the long cold winters.

I cut right to the chase and wrote in Mickey Mouse... :shrug:

The only reason the guy won was because it was a choice between him and a democrat. Its dumb binary thinking but it is what it is.

In reality guys like this lost bigly all across the country in traditional primary races last year. The angry shouting moron who challenged my soft spoken GOP congressman lost by a nearly 75/25 margin.

Offline Rivergirl

Looking back.   We had Sonny Bono, Al Franken, someone from Love Boat.......
And then the really rich players.....Dayton, Kohl, and  I am sure there are others.
To say nothing of that truly evil man, Jesse Ventura as Governor of MN.
No doubt if we look around the country we will find many who seek to serve only themselves.
We seem to be the uneducated consumer.

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline beandog

The only reason the guy won was because it was a choice between him and a democrat. Its dumb binary thinking but it is what it is.

In reality guys like this lost bigly all across the country in traditional primary races last year. The angry shouting moron who challenged my soft spoken GOP congressman lost by a nearly 75/25 margin.
I guess that's why Congress is full of Republicans that have no backbone because the people who elect them would rather have pajama boys govern them. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

His opponent was lousy and more than 2/3 had already voted early.  The incident carried little weight in the voting.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

I guess that's why Congress is full of Republicans that have no backbone because the people who elect them would rather have pajama boys govern them. *****rollingeyes*****

@beandog

Yeah, seriously.  We need more real men who snap and body slam reporters for asking questions, lol.

Offline kevindavis007

I'm surprised. I thought that would be the end of him. But, he won. I think it may have more to do with his opponent that it does with him. From what I have read, the guy he was running against was a real wack-job.

I think that Early Voting helped him..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

:thumbsup3:

Offline kevindavis007

Oh the horror reporters asking questions..

Offline Frank Cannon

Nope. Punching a reporter helped him. There are interviews of voters leaving the booth saying they supported his actions.

People hate the MSM and there is good reason for that. It's coming to a head now.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You know, I might not be cracked up for HR duty, but when I have to ask a guy a second time to get his camera (one inch) away from my nose........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nope. Punching a reporter helped him. There are interviews of voters leaving the booth saying they supported his actions.

People hate the MSM and there is good reason for that. It's coming to a head now.

Exactly.   I was saying that yesterday. DJT's a great example.  During last POTUS election cycle the MSM tried to trump (no pun)  gaffes into a scandal almost daily, his poll numbers went up.  (Only exception was the "P' grabbing event)

I think that there is a growing ground swell of hatred toward LSM, and we haven't seen the last of it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

True. Early voting is a sown field of regret.

There were a couple of Michigan freepers who sent me freepmails to tell me that they regretted voting for Trump early in the primary.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
True. Early voting is a sown field of regret.

There were a couple of Michigan freepers who sent me freepmails to tell me that they regretted voting for Trump early in the primary.

So you think the democratic liberal should have won? **nononono*

Offline Rivergirl

Ashamed to admit that I smiled when I heard the story.
Not proud of my reaction at all but I can understand the frustration in dealing with nudniks.

Offline libertybele

If punching a reporter helped him win, God help us!  It is never right to assault anyone.  We are becoming a society of those who cast insults and lies and integrity is becoming a thing of of the past.  Sorry, striking someone is not acceptable.

Luke 6:27-29   "But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.  If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also ...."
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

So you think the democratic liberal should have won? **nononono*

Since you're so much smarter than the rest of us why don't you tell us what happened in the race for my district's house seat?

Offline kevindavis007

If punching a reporter helped him win, God help us!  It is never right to assault anyone.  We are becoming a society of those who cast insults and lies and integrity is becoming a thing of of the past.  Sorry, striking someone is not acceptable.

Luke 6:27-29   "But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.  If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also ...."

:amen:

I'm not a fan of the media, but if we are afraid of asking reporters asking then I guess we are bunch of snowflakes as well..

Offline kevindavis007

Offline Frank Cannon

People are fed up after years of trying to do things the right way only to be ignored and ridiculed. The system can only take so much abuse before it breaks.

Offline beandog

Oh the horror reporters asking questions..
You really are a numbnuts.  This wasn't about a "reporter" asking a question.  This was about an arrogant POS "reporter" shoving a microphone in somone's face and refusing to leave when asked to.