Author Topic: Speculation Swirls as Sean Hannity Announces Sudden Vacation Amid Fox News Turmoil  (Read 19214 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Fox News host Sean Hannity is going on vacation for the remainder of the week amid controversy over his decision to promote unconfirmed reports linking murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich and his unproven communication with WikiLeaks.

It’s unclear if the vacation was preplanned.

“The Five” co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle announced on Wednesday she would be filling in for Hannity during his absence.

While he promised to back off the story out of respect for the Rich family Tuesday night, Hannity is facing threats of advertiser boycotts — and at least two advertisers have already cut bait. So far, Cars.com and Peloton have requested that their advertisements no longer air during “Hannity.”

More: http://ijr.com/2017/05/881677-speculation-swirls-sean-hannity-announces-sudden-vacation-amid-fox-news-turmoil/

Shades of O'Reilly.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rodamala

Can we play the "Guess where Sean is going on vacation" game?

What do I win?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvxPsdtNDM

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He's trying to Kamikaze his contract so he can better serve Orange Glorious.

Online dfwgator

He's dead, Jim.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Foxnews was the only major media which wasn't trying to kill Trumps campaign.  The globalists will have their pound of flesh and will prevent that from happening next time.   The new bosses at Fox are definitely not conservative but destroying a successful business should get the attention of the shareholders.   Like the Saudis.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hannity's plummeting IQ has hit critically low levels.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sean said he was making a long weekend of it yesterday on his radio show. The radio and tv shows are two separate deals so if Fox was sending him to pasture, he would still do the radio.

That doesn't mean the Murdoch Bros are not going to can him Saturday and give his slot to Ed Schultz. It would be a lot trickier for FOX because Sean has a rabid fan base and one of the top rated national radio shows. Sean could really ruin their day.

Offline Rivergirl

Maybe Beck will give him a five minute spot on his show.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What ever happened to Bill's amazing comback he promised? He did one podcast and poof, we never heard from him again.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What ever happened to Bill's amazing comback he promised? He did one podcast and poof, we never heard from him again.

I don't quite understand why conservatives would take pleasure in the demise of Fox.   While Fox certainly wasn't perfect it was the only voice out there not solidly behind the leftists.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's trying to Kamikaze his contract so he can better serve Orange Glorious.

Would not surprise me in the least.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't quite understand why conservatives would take pleasure in the demise of Fox.   While Fox certainly wasn't perfect it was the only voice out there not solidly behind the leftists.

And now it's not.

People liked Fox because they weren't like the other networks and blatantly sold out for one candidate or party.  People really did believe their "Fair and Balanced" tagline.

All that changed last year.

Now they are neither fair or balanced.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I didn't say I took pleasure in the demise of Fox. Plus, BORe has always said he isn't Conservative, he is a populist and a tabloid reporter at best.

At that, I would be most happy if Fox took a 360 from their tabloid journalism as of late, brought in many of the hosts from Fox Business, and blew the socks off everyone else.

We are seeing the result of their playing in the gutter with National Enquirer type reporting along with replacing news with ranting and editorializing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:47:20 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe Beck will give him a five minute spot on his show.

He gets an hour every Friday in the 2nd hour.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And now it's not.

People liked Fox because they weren't like the other networks and blatantly sold out for one candidate or party.  People really did believe their "Fair and Balanced" tagline.

^^^^^^^ THIS!

I dumped it all last year.  Limbaugh, Levin, Fox - the whole so-called pretend Conservative gamut of radio and TV blowhards.

Better to read the news than have it spoon-fed to you and spun into whatever angle the Party mucks and Propagandists want you to think of it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:59:54 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And now it's not.

My last day watching FOX was the day that those morons sat there nodding like bobbleheads as Trump blatantly lied and accused Rafael Cruz of being involved with the JFK assassination. A real news network would have asked some followup questions or investigated the claims or something but FOX wasn't interested in any of that icky news reporting stuff.

Instead CNN picked up the ball. Jake Tapper 's report showed that they had done actual research and the dates alone showed it impossible for Rafael Cruz to be involved. Trump himself told Wolf Blitzer that he never believed the Rafael Cruz story but "I wanted to win". (that's called lying  for the ethically challenged among us)

Offline Frank Cannon

^^^^^^^ THIS!

I dumped it all last year.  Limbaugh, Levin, Fox - the whole so-called pretend gamut of radio and TV blowhards.

Better to read the news than have it spoon-fed to you and spun into whatever angle the Party mucks and Propagandists want you to think of it.

Yeah, but it was alright for everyone when these outlets were pimping for Bush, McLame and Romney.

You guys are very consistent.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah, but it was alright for everyone when these outlets were pimping for Bush, McLame and Romney.

You guys are very consistent.

Rush never pimped anyone until this year.  Even though he said in the past he'd vote for the eventual GOP candidate.

He took flack in 2010 for his criticism of McCain during his campaign from the typical RINO's.

He was critical of Romney in the area of healthcare and some of his Liberal background as well.

But this year Rush sold out...and it was blatant.  And so after 12 years of being a 24/7 subscriber...I cancelled.

Mark is still going after Trump when he screws up...which is often.

There is nothing inconsistent about what I've said or done where this is concerned.

Offline Frank Cannon

Rush never pimped anyone until this year.  Even though he said in the past he'd vote for the eventual GOP candidate.

He took flack in 2010 for his criticism of McCain during his campaign from the typical RINO's.

He was critical of Romney in the area of healthcare and some of his Liberal background as well.

But this year Rush sold out...and it was blatant.  And so after 12 years of being a 24/7 subscriber...I cancelled.

Mark is still going after Trump when he screws up...which is often.

There is nothing inconsistent about what I've said or done where this is concerned.

Great. You cited one in a flimsy sort of way because at the end of the day Rush was pushing the hell out of Bush/McLame/Romney. Had them call in and told everyone to vote for them.

FOX was so into McLame and Romney that Obama went off on the channel numerous times in speeches. So now they are bad because once again they went all in for the GOP candidate? Get the hell out of here.

You are just upset because you hate Trump. If Bush was the candidate and the same people were pimping them no one here would say jack shit about these outlets going in the tank for the GOPer.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Fox News is currently in third place in ratings. And they are still purging. The channel today is nothing at all like it was two years ago when they were number one in ratings by a huge gap. It took a lot of work to go from being far and away number one to number three and falling. But, the owners of Fox persevered and got the job done.

Congratulations I guess? If that's what they were trying to do, they did a great job. If that was not what they were trying to do, then they are idiots.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Great. You cited one in a flimsy sort of way because at the end of the day Rush was pushing the hell out of Bush/McLame/Romney. Had them call in and told everyone to vote for them.

FOX was so into McLame and Romney that Obama went off on the channel numerous times in speeches. So now they are bad because once again they went all in for the GOP candidate? Get the hell out of here.

You are just upset because you hate Trump. If Bush was the candidate and the same people were pimping them no one here would say jack shit about these outlets going in the tank for the GOPer.

Frank I listened everyday back then.

Rush never did any of that.

Stop making stuff up   

Offline Rivergirl

Soon FNC will have Chaffets as their latest trump fan.   
Wondering too if Nunes will also jump out of congress if the kitchen gets too hot.  Despite recusing himself he is visiting the CIA for the latest information they have on the trump/Russia connection    Seemingly the republicans are too craven to force him to stop.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Someone  (I think it were @Frank Cannon , but not sure) said on another thread that the Murdoch boys are killing the golden goose the old man bred, like a lot of second gen businesses.
Considering their sheer lack of ability - have a look at the Star TV eff up - he's not wrong.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Someone  (I think it were @Frank Cannon , but not sure) said on another thread that the Murdoch boys are killing the golden goose the old man bred, like a lot of second gen businesses.
Considering their sheer lack of ability - have a look at the Star TV eff up - he's not wrong.

I will take credit for that statement. 2nd gen businesses fail at 70% and 3rd around 90%.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I was reading an article yesterday about how badly James had mucked things up over there when daddy put him in charge.